Metalcare Group Inc., one of Alberta’s fastest growing companies, currently has a job opening for a Geotechnical Technician. This role will be responsible for performing lab and/or field testing on our operations. Reporting to the Geotechnical Operations Manager, as well as the Geotechnical Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible but not limited to:
- Compaction testing, pile monitoring, casting concrete cylinders, transporting/storing concrete cylinders, capping/breaking concrete cylinders, and completing moisture contents, standard proctors (moisture-density relationship), wash sieve analyses.
- Concrete testing (air and slump test, cast and aggregate production monitoring, field sieve analysis.
- Maintaining all lab protocols and follow CSA/ASTM procedures. Responsible for completing field and laboratory records for all tests completed as well as daily inspection reports which detail the daily project activities, any conversations between Metalcare Group Inc. and the client or contractor, daily test results and details of any problems encountered.
- Maintaining lab integrity with good housekeeping and equipment maintenance
- Assists on geotechnical related projects, such as field drilling investigations, instrumentation installation, monitoring and foundation installation monitoring.
The below skills would be an asset:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related field experience
- CCIL, CSA, or ACI concrete based certification required
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma/Certificate OR Soil/Concrete/Piling Short Courses
- Knowledge of using a Nuclear Densometer for compaction testing
- CSTS/OSSA training certificates REQUIRED
- Valid full Canadian drivers license with a clean drivers abstract (from the last 3 years) REQUIRED
- Must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work well as a team but also independently
This is a full time position located in either our Fort McMurray office and/or on site, depending on upcoming projects. Metalcare Group Inc. offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Metalcare has been serving the oil and gas, petroleum and petrochemical, chemical, power generation, and pipeline industries over the last...