The Metalcare Group Inc., one of Alberta’s fastest growing companies, currently has a job opening for a General Manager - Operations. This role will be responsible for obtaining profit contributions by managing staff, establishing and accomplishing business objectives. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible but not limited to:
- Responsibility to manage profit/loss, and KPIs
- Increase management’s effectiveness by recruiting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers
- Communicating values, strategies, and, objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing education opportunities
- Develops department strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives
- Accomplishes department objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviews progress; making mid-course corrections
- Coordinates efforts by establishing additional procurement, production, marketing, field, and quality services policies and practices where required; coordinating actions with corporate staff
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- The successful candidate must have a Masters degree of Business Administration (MBA)
- Excellent managerial skills including the ability to mentor division mangers/employees, and lead the organization
- Strong record of achievement in leading the financial and operational affairs of a divers business
- A record of high integrity and performance, and strong operational leadership is required
This is a full time position located in our Fort McMuray office. Metalcare Group Inc. offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Metalcare has been serving the oil and gas, petroleum and petrochemical, chemical, power generation, and pipeline industries over the last...