The QA/QC Inspector provides primary technical support to the Project QA/QC Manager by performing inspections and tests as directed. The job functions will be determined by the QA/QC Manager and identified on the initial Performance Evaluation. On stand-alone assignments he/she takes the lead in developing and implementing the Project Quality Plan and in supporting the project management team and the crafts in QA/QC matters.
Metalcare Group has been serving the oil & gas, petroleum & petrochemical, chemical, power generation & pipeline industries over the last decade. We strive to close the gap between the customers need and the industries requirement for a competent & qualified level of quality personnel. As a result of this core value, we have been granted many awards such as Alberta Venture’s 12th fastest growing business in Alberta.
What we offer:
We offer work in a fast-paced, growing company with potential for career advancement, personal development and growth. Along with challenging learning opportunities, you will find competitive compensation, a comprehensive health and welfare plan (medical, dental, STD, LTD, and life insurance) and tuition reimbursement. We believe in “A Higher Level of Reliability” in everything we do. For our employees, this means providing a safe and respectful workplace and a steady job with opportunities to learn and grow.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Review the scope of work, specifications, and client procedures, applicable coded for each job and initial QA binder.
- Prepare an inspection and test plan (ITP), review applicable welding procedure specifications (WPS) and forward to client QA for review/approval.
- Perform receiving inspection and review of material test reports (MTRs) of each job and assign steel ID number and enter into the material receiving log.
- Ensure that appropriate steel IDs and job numbers are marked on each piece of material and such information is transferred to individual pieces before cutting.
- Issue drawings for shop for fabrication.
- Verify welder qualifications.
- For new welders, review their welder qualification cards, assign a new welder ID, and update the welder qualification log. Maintain a copy their qualifications on the file.
- Perform receiving inspection on welding consumable and maintain the consumables batch reports.
- Prepare isometric weld maps to track welds on the piping system and issue to the shop for marking.
- Conduct surveillance on performance of welders in compliance with client quality program and WPS such as checking WPS parameters including preheat, filler metals.
- Carryout welding and dimensional inspections and monitor NDE activities in compliance with specifications.
- Arrange for NDE for completed weld as per ITP.
- Monitor welding NDE percentages, welder rejection rate and non-conformance status and report.
- Arrange with the client for ITP witness and hold points as per approved ITP.
- Prepare isometric weld maps to track welds on the piping system for each lines class.
- Prepare hydro test packages for test including pre-hydro walk downs.
- Maintain Pressure gauges calibration certificates on file.
- Compile QA/QC turnover packages, scan the final package to the server and forward for client QA approval. Once Client QA approved, make copy of the QA package for client Inspector and retain the original QA package on the job file for records.
- Attend toolbox safety meetings daily as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to liaise with third party testing and authorized inspection agencies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of ABSA codes and regulations.
- Ability to interpret construction codes and standards.
- Team player with ability to multi-task.
- The successful candidate will need to undergo pre-access testing and comply with client requirements.
- Level II CWB welding inspection certificate with 2-4 years’ experience performing QC inspections in an industrial construction environment.
- Must have working knowledge of various crafts and their associated special processes, inspection, and testing techniques.
- Clean Alberta Class 5 Driver’s license.
This is a permanent, full-time position with employer. All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resumes on our company website at www.metalcare.com/site/careers and click on the employment opportunities link.
Metalcare promotes and maintains a safe work environment and will not compromise the health of our employees or the environment of our...