Metafor Software is developing cutting-edge anomaly detection technology for IT operations analytics. We're a team of serial entrepreneurs passionate about building advanced technologies to help IT operations teams increase availability and improve performance. We thrive on solving challenging big data problems. You'll be working with some of the brightest talent in Vancouver. Our team is small but ambitious and we're looking for individuals who are not afraid to tackle big ideas.
You'll fit right in if you (in no particular order):
- Have shown repeated excellence in shipping stuff that works.
- Are fanatical about on-time delivery.
- Are opinionated but not dogmatic.
- Can work well in a mixed Senior/Junior team.
- 3+ years professional development experience, with all that this implies (no need to have a laundry list here).
- Comfortable with functional programming – experience with Scala or similar a BIG plus.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL or big data DBs (e.g. Hadoop/MapReduce, Cassandra, MongoDB)
Preferred skills we look for:
- Working experience with large scale big data environment build and support including design, configuration, installation, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Experience in machine learning, intrusion detection, pattern recognition, etc.
- Previous knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
If you think you're a good fit please email your resume, preferred 2048 port, and favorite cat GIF.
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Metafor automates anomaly detection and enables IT Ops to rapidly identify system inconsistencies that can cause application errors,...