Metafor Software is developing cutting-edge anomaly detection technology for IT operations analytics. We're a team of serial entrepreneurs passionate about building advanced technologies to help IT operations teams increase availability and improve performance. We thrive on solving challenging big data problems. You'll be working with some of the brightest talent in Vancouver. Our team is small but ambitious and we're looking for individuals who are not afraid to tackle big ideas.
Metafor Software is looking for a hands-on Team Lead who can code and also lead our small but ambitious team. You'll fit right in if you (in no particular order):
- Have shown repeated excellence in shipping stuff that works.
- Are fanatical about on-time delivery.
- Are opinionated but not dogmatic.
- Can work well in a mixed Senior/Junior team.
- While coding will not be your #1 priority, you will take part in the development process as well as deliver production code. This role will be split roughly 60% dev process management and 40% coding.
- Work closely with the Product team on feature requirements, break down large projects into smaller components, and help estimate engineering tasks.
- Manage the development team and process: Help define and manage releases, schedule and review production deployment plans.
- Develop engineering process workflows for continuous integration and continuous deployments. Put efficiency improvements into action.
- You are a superior multi-tasker, able to keep track of issues, dependencies and discrepancies while always keeping the project goals at the forefront.You are a master of the calendar and the clock.You know how to write requirements docs and functional specs.
- You are highly competent with at least 1 bug tracking system and/or Project Management tool (Bugzilla, JIRA, Rally, etc).
- You understand how to herd cats.
- You are comfortable with functional programming and fluent with Scala or at least Java.
- You have 5+ years professional development experience, with all that this implies (no need to have a laundry list here).
- You have experience successfully leading a dev team and delivering on time.
- Experience in the following earns extra points: Puppet or Chef, Linux systems administration, DevOps, data center environment, SaaS, cloud computing.
If you think you're a good fit please email your resume, preferred 2048 port, and favorite cat GIF.
Metafor automates anomaly detection and enables IT Ops to rapidly identify system inconsistencies that can cause application errors,...