ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in the software development cycle in order to gain a thorough understanding of requirements and feature functionality. Effectively use this information to build well thought out and complete test plans that pull together all the parts and provide high confidence of test coverage before hand-off to Product Verification.
· Work in the lab with 6500 hardware and test equipment and execute integration tests and work with the design team to debug and isolate issues.
· Come up with creative ways to test and to help improve productivity.
· Experience with some or all of the following transport and/or data technologies: Packet, Layer-2, VLAN, MPLS, Layer-3 Routing and Switching, Multicast, TCP/IP, G.8032, 802.ag, Y1731, G.709 OTN, Gigabit Ethernet, 10GbE.
· Experience with SONET, SDH, Gigabit Ethernet and OTN test equipment
· Experience with Metro, Long Haul, and Submarine photonic applications in the photonic space.
· Independent self-starter and committed to delivering on aggressive deadlines.
· Comfortable in a multi-team environment with ability to work with little supervision.
· Must be fast learner with excellent testing skills and ability scrutinize the design implementation.
· Effective written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to multitask and work across a broad range of features.