Merry Maids

Merry Maids Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NA
Teammate (Former Employee), Olympia, WAApril 15, 2014
Sometimes can be too stressful and hard. The customers can be nice though
Horrible Place too work
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: some custers were nice
Cons: cleaning gross houses and driving all around town
They treat their employees like slaves, Only care about the money an new customers.Typical day at merry maid is 2-3 houses an if they wanted too they will send you to do more or to help someone. I learned that people are gross and do not know how to clean up after themselves. Some co-workers were good and some weren't. Hardest part of the job was driving – more... your own car, put to many miles on and if it breaks down or your air breaks. they have no care in the world. some customer were a joy to be around. – less
good
Team Captain (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
co-workers are friendly the only thing I miss about this job is my clients
Awesome place to work if you can afford to work here
House Cleaner (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaApril 2, 2014
Pros: monday thru friday job 8-5 most days
Cons: you dont get paid a lot of money to clean houses
Everyday you go into a residential home and clean for them. You clean bathrooms, kitchens, master bathrooms, master bedrooms, vacuum, and wash the floors on your hands and knees.
An excellent customer based business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 2, 2014
Outstanding provider of residential home cleaning from one of the country's best Cleaning Services.
Awful
Solo Maid (Former Employee), KnoxvilleMarch 28, 2014
Cons: wastes yout time and doesn't pay by the hour
Manager is a brute who is convinced he is always right. He is rude to clients and has a terrible employee turn over rate because the interviewer lies about the job opportunities and the pay turns out to be horribly low. He bullies his employees
not a fair place to work
Maid (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 25, 2014
management seemed to control every aspect of the job and if a client didnt like something they fired you. did not make hourly wages. compensation was 17% of the amount quoted after company took their share.
Merry Maid
Cleaner (Current Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 12, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: not enough money or benefits
Its a descent job if you need money however when you have kids and household bills it doesn't help to much. Overall the people are a blast to work with. The cleaning is fun the customers are incredible and appreciative. Furthermore it is not the career that I want.
Fun but busy
General Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: always learning something new
Cons: stressful
Learned more about admin/clerical than any other admin position previously held.
Good Experience
teammate, captain (Former Employee), 895 Texas St. Bellingham, WA 98226March 7, 2014
I did like that we did get paid weekly and there were tips that you could get with the job.
The co-workers were all younger girls.
We'd get to clean up to four houses daily and used our own transportation.
small office
residential cleaner (Former Employee), Lehighton, PAFebruary 20, 2014
it was nice working a different route every day, but the constant travel and being stuck in a car for half the day was exhausting. it didn't pay enough to keep up with the bills.
we had fun with our partners
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: got off work early alot of days
Cons: some very dirty homes
overall when you had a partner you really liked we had alot of fun cleaning together
Busy
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: when you get done with your jobs your done for the day!!!
Cons: low pay :(
Loved cleaning and making homes look great. Paying attention to detail is a must at this job.
Great place.
Team Captain (Cleaner) (Former Employee), Farmington, CTFebruary 11, 2014
I was part of a family and loved it. I had flexible hours. Some days were longer than others but that was part of the job. Customers were awesome and very grateful for our work.
frustrating
Maid Service (Former Employee), Olympia, WAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: on the go, clients
Cons: management
The way this company works or at least the one I worked at, the people you work with are rude and no one gets along. The management didn't know how to get back to its employees when the clients needed to know important information.
But the clients that I was with most of the time were great.
Great company
Maid (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working here. All the staff members were nice and everyone got along very well. Great teamwork.
Pay not as good as I thought
Maid (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: part time only paid in houses not for travel time
Pay is a percentage of homes. excessive miles on own vehicle coworkers are nice management is good job was tough but good
Rush Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rockdale, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Cons: never again will i work for any company run like this.
I will never work again for a maid company of 'teams' again, nor would I hire them. I was asked almost right off the bat to go from my address to Broadway Street to pick up a woman who had been working for them for a while who happened to get a D.U.I. I did it once or twice then refused to do it again, nobody compensated me for my gas or time. They – more... do a rush job, and the Team leader is paid more than others and it seemed to me that the main focus is to get in and out as quickly as possible. Then there was the issue of shared tips. I SAW a customer who gave a supervisor a tip for the young woman I worked with and for me. I never got a dime of it. When I brought it up at a meeting without naming names I was told by the man in charge I could just leave. This meeting was held after the busy Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays, and it was consisting of the idea that some work "too slow". I believe I was asked to leave because they hired for the holidays and no longer needed the extra's they had hired. I found out a few others were also let go. – less
Work
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Chester, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: cleaning tequniques
Cons: .
A typical day would consist of traveling around Orange County to cleaning houses.
Fun Workplace
Cleaning Captain (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: use of your own car, wasnt enough pay for the work you did
got the chance to meet different people, see how they lived, if ever needed help got the help i needed

About Merry Maids

Merry Maids is happy to scrub, straighten, and sanitize. Founded in 1979, home cleaning company Merry Maids has more than 600 – Read more

Merry Maids Photos