Merry Maids

Merry Maids Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Experience
teammate, captain (Former Employee), 895 Texas St. Bellingham, WA 98226March 7, 2014
I did like that we did get paid weekly and there were tips that you could get with the job.
The co-workers were all younger girls.
We'd get to clean up to four houses daily and used our own transportation.
small office
residential cleaner (Former Employee), Lehighton, PAFebruary 20, 2014
it was nice working a different route every day, but the constant travel and being stuck in a car for half the day was exhausting. it didn't pay enough to keep up with the bills.
we had fun with our partners
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: got off work early alot of days
Cons: some very dirty homes
overall when you had a partner you really liked we had alot of fun cleaning together
Busy
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: when you get done with your jobs your done for the day!!!
Cons: low pay :(
Loved cleaning and making homes look great. Paying attention to detail is a must at this job.
Great place.
Team Captain (Cleaner) (Former Employee), Farmington, CTFebruary 11, 2014
I was part of a family and loved it. I had flexible hours. Some days were longer than others but that was part of the job. Customers were awesome and very grateful for our work.
frustrating
Maid Service (Former Employee), Olympia, WAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: on the go, clients
Cons: management
The way this company works or at least the one I worked at, the people you work with are rude and no one gets along. The management didn't know how to get back to its employees when the clients needed to know important information.
But the clients that I was with most of the time were great.
Great company
Maid (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working here. All the staff members were nice and everyone got along very well. Great teamwork.
Pay not as good as I thought
Maid (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: part time only paid in houses not for travel time
Pay is a percentage of homes. excessive miles on own vehicle coworkers are nice management is good job was tough but good
Rush Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rockdale, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Cons: never again will i work for any company run like this.
I will never work again for a maid company of 'teams' again, nor would I hire them. I was asked almost right off the bat to go from my address to Broadway Street to pick up a woman who had been working for them for a while who happened to get a D.U.I. I did it once or twice then refused to do it again, nobody compensated me for my gas or time. They – more... do a rush job, and the Team leader is paid more than others and it seemed to me that the main focus is to get in and out as quickly as possible. Then there was the issue of shared tips. I SAW a customer who gave a supervisor a tip for the young woman I worked with and for me. I never got a dime of it. When I brought it up at a meeting without naming names I was told by the man in charge I could just leave. This meeting was held after the busy Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays, and it was consisting of the idea that some work "too slow". I believe I was asked to leave because they hired for the holidays and no longer needed the extra's they had hired. I found out a few others were also let go. – less
Work
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Chester, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: cleaning tequniques
Cons: .
A typical day would consist of traveling around Orange County to cleaning houses.
Fun Workplace
Cleaning Captain (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: use of your own car, wasnt enough pay for the work you did
got the chance to meet different people, see how they lived, if ever needed help got the help i needed
Awful company to work for/ with
Residential and Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCJanuary 24, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks, no healthcare, long drives a ton of milers
Management cares about one thing and one thing only, revenue. In seven months of employment I was put in countless unsafe situations for the sake of their "buck". Unless there's absolutely no other option, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, and even then I'd recommend waiting for a better opportunity
Fun work place
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2014
Typical Day at work included driving to clients house and cleaning them. Vacuuming and mopping the floors. Management wasnt the greatest at this job and co-workers never kept up with their jobs. hardest part of the job was the language difference. Most spoke spanish and I am not equipped with that language very well. Most enjoyable part of this job – more... was when it was time to go home – less
Productive work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Lodi, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: got to know different cities.
Cons: pay
At Merry Maids, we would go in to the office every day and get our schedule of the houses we were going to be assigned to for the day, gather our equipment and load our vehicles then take off. Our franchise owner wasn't the nicest or fair guy. I really enjoyed visiting different cities and the regular customers I had.
Productive, fun environment, always provided a challenge
Office Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 14, 2014
I helped a new owner of a Merry Maids franchise start up his business. It was a challenge learning the new computer program with very little help to go off of but I was up for the challenge. My co-workers were great, I really enjoyed working with the owner.
Friendly
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee), ENGJanuary 12, 2014
A typical day at merry maids would be going to each job ensuring we met our time slots and maintaing a very high level of cleaning. The work was hard but do able and I really enjoyed working with the ladies on the team.
Loved the people i worked with
Professional Maid (Former Employee), Auburn, WAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, amazing people
Cons: poor quality uniforms
A typical day at Merry Maids was the team meeting in the morning before we left to go clean. I learned a lot about how to clean things properly with less product. My manager was understanding and nice. I loved all my co workers they are all hard workers and fun. The hardest part of the job was probably when we got to the end of the day and had a larger – more... house to clean because we would be tired. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and connecting with the customers. – less
Merry Maids
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Northborough, MAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: people skills
Cons: unruly customers
Awesome! I learned so much! This job help me be organized and to deal with people on a day to day basis. I also leaned time management and organization skills from it.
Driving for work.
Captain (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: the experance
Cons: driving your own car.
Long days. I liked the changing venue. Paying attention to detail. Co-workers and managers were fair. The people I worked with were great.
Ok place to work.
House Keeper (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Cleaning & most of the time done early. Management was not all that great but enjoyed my co-workers.

About Merry Maids

Merry Maids is happy to scrub, straighten, and sanitize. Founded in 1979, home cleaning company Merry Maids has more than 600 – Read more

Merry Maids Photos