Merry Maids

Merry Maids Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Bonuses Available
Maid (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: bonuses available
A typical day at work involved cleaning residential homes.

Bonuses were available at Christmas time to consistently productive employees.
Long days at work
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 26, 2014
not enough pay for the work....not a enough money to pay for life living
Very exhausting
Cleaner (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: no weekend work
Cons: the hours
Don't let them fool you it says no evening work but there was handfuls of times when I worked from 8:00am to 8:30pm with rude teammates and very unorganized. Say you'll have 3 houses and your done before everybody they will either give you one of there house or make you go help
Varied tasks during the day. Lots of customer interaction.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Goodrich, MIOctober 16, 2014
Used many team building skills. Hardest part-negative feed back from clients. Inconsistent revenue making it difficult to schedule team mates.
Really gives you strong customer service experience.
Captain/Housekeeper, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), North Augusta, SCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no benefits, no pay raises
With this job you really just have to leave home life home because every customer deserves the best of you and a smile to go with it. As far as my co-workers you have some that are good and some not so good you just have to pull some extra weight for the greater good of the company. The hardest part of my job is just all the down times traveling and the most enjoyable part is really connecting with the clients and feeling a sense of satisfaction because they are satisfied.
My Typical Day at Merry Maid
Team Captain (Current Employee), Durham, NCOctober 9, 2014
I start the day by going and unlocking the office and checking the phone messages and gathering supplies for each team. Then I review my assignments for the day with my team and then we leave out after a brief meeting with the Manager to go to our first appointment. My majority of my co-workers are Hispanic and I have learned so much about diversity and culture bridging. The hardest part of my job is have an unsatisfied customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is customers that are glad to see me come back.
terrible place to work with no fun
Teammate (Current Employee), Gloucester, MAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: my coworkers
Cons: the owner, long work days, no life balance
typically we get to work at 7:30 and dont even actually leave until 7:50. the first couple days of the week are light loads and usually thursday and friday are heavily loaded days even though it should be the other way around. my coworkers are the best part of the job. management is the absolute worst part. god forbid someone takes a day off for being sick. we get pushed to the limits.
Their way or no way
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: paid mileage
Cons: to much chemicals
Residential cleaning that lead me to have bronchitis due to the way they make you clean.
merry maids
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Lakewood, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Its a very hard job and you met people everyday. Everyday is different at this job but for people like us we just have to do what we have to do to move on.
It is ok
maid (Current Employee), Durham NCSeptember 16, 2014
Not a place to work if you have lots of bills to pay. Not very much pay
Okay job.
solo maid (Former Employee), houphauge, nySeptember 12, 2014
Pros: you can early days.
Cons: very short breaks. use of you're own car.
I only worked for this office for a few months when the holidays where right around the corner. The girls at times where a bit snotty because if you get teamed up the % gets cut between the 2 or 3, the main manager is generally nice but don't get her mad because she can be very nasty... her assistant is very nice. Just make sure you ask how you are doing on the job if youre doing something right because I found out when they got mad that I was doing a few things wrong the whole time I was there, it wasn't until they where mad that I found out. It's a rough fast paste job, some girls take their time and alot of them rush through, there are really nice costumers and there's going to be a few who watch over you're shoulder what you're doing the whole time, alot of traveling with you're own car, if the costumer doesn't have a trash can you have to leave the trash in you're car until you find a dumper. Apartment is going to be like that. So get used to the smell of trash being in you're car if you do or trunk. And the main manager is going to tell you good numbers to get you interested in the job so be careful of that.
Friendly co workers
Maid/housekeeper (Former Employee), 1119 Mockingbird driveSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free food in the morning
Cons: no breaks
Clean customers houses.
Management- Nice and willing to help
Co-workers- We nice and friendly
Working for very little
When you got a clean house.
I enjoy cleaning homes and commercial business. It was a good fit for me.
Janitor (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: very physically demanding job.
Cons: no compensation for travel time between jobs.
Organized business caters to professionals in providing cleaning services. A typical day entails the cleaning of scheduled homes and or businesses. Requires travel and the loading and unloading of equipment and supplies needed to complete the job. Cleaning is done in a timely manner due to a set rate of pay per location.
Enjoyed the customers
Maid/ Housekeeper (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: sometimes people were unhappy and could not please
Cons: overall, it is always a pleasure to make people happy.
The job was great, the co-workers where good to work with. The things I enjoyed the best was the customers and the service I provided for them.
productive and fun place to work
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was the customer interactions. The worst part of the job was that I had to use my own car and this created a lot of wear and tear.
Fun place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the customer relationships
Cons: some days are longer than others
Morning routines are double checking schedules and making sure cleaning teams have what they need for the day. Verifying tat the team captains have the correct keys for the day. During the day is handling phone calls from employees, customers, and potential customers. Closing of the day includes, closing out reports from the employees, creating deposits from the day, and making sure the next day schedule is complete.
Overall Job
Team Captain (Current Employee), Corvallis, ORAugust 25, 2014
This job is very very time consuming. Not any flexibility at all. You will never know when you get off because you are required to call around and ask other team members if they need help. half the time they do, even after you pulled your daily schedule. there is no overtime, you need at least a full tank of gas a week for work. You get reimbursed 26 cents on the mile. The management is highly unprofessional round employees. They cuss and can approach problems in a non constructive way. They can be very rude and abrasive.On the positive side, the clients are always fun to get to know and develop relationships with and most of the girls are nice to work with.
Interesting but repetitive work.
Associate cleaner (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 21, 2014
The work itself is interesting but it is the same at every house I go to. So it's not boring but its not really engaging either. It is hard physical labor but I get to more or less set my own pace for the work I do.
Maid (Former Employee), pineville,laAugust 13, 2014
okay place just the company shut down,Washed and spot-cleaned furniture, blackboards, mirrors, wastebaskets and garbage cans, office machines and ashtrays.Polished furniture and metal fixtures.Gathered and emptied trash and recycling bins.Dusted and mopped all hard surfaces.Cleaned Venetian blinds, including washing and vacuuming them.Scraped gum off of hard surfaces and carpet
Rewarding
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 6, 2014
I learned new ways to clean. It was rewarding to finish a job and the customer being satisfied with your work.

About Merry Maids

Merry Maids is happy to scrub, straighten, and sanitize. Founded in 1979, home cleaning company Merry Maids has more than 600 – Read more