Merry Maids Employee Reviews

What a joke
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 June 2017
If your looking for work I'd look the other way if I were you and wish I did.
Not to mention they charge you 100 for a back check that's not useable anywhere else.
Not sure how the other franchise owners run their business but Peterborough id just look the other way go up the street maybe molly will treat you better 👍🏼
Pros
Okay co workers
Cons
No breaks management a joke
awful place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 January 2017
New owner had just taken over and she was a little bit confused on how to talk to her employees. Would not work here again. Too much work for too little pay. The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients (customers) .. They were so friendly and easy going.
Pros
lots of christmas tips!!
Cons
poor management
great people to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 November 2016
I loved go out and meeting all the great people we cleaned for.

all around great people to work for. I only left because the owner sold the business
great cleaning services
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON28 October 2016
nothing bad to say great place to work. co-workers were amazing. fast past job loads, kept me busy at all times. would have stayed but I needed to be with family.
Great Job, Selfish Owner
Residential Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON8 October 2016
If you can handle the management and sad pay, the actual job and friends that you make is great. Great people to work with and the customers are great. A good experience if you're looking to learn how to run your own cleaning business. Does not believe in paying staff by seniority. However, experienced many people being bought out to keep them quiet when they're not happy.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Unprofessional, lack of appreciation, unorganized
Day goes by really fast ,When efficient at cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2016
The co-workers at merry maids are very friendly though you do not get to work with them very often. I love cleaning so much the time goes by very fast. the hardest part is working alone when cleaning such large houses
Cleaning and housekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 August 2016
Fast paced job. Very easy to learn and catch on. Staff very friendly and helpful. Often short staffed. Understanding bosses. Training is very efficient
Fun Work with friendly coworkers
Co-Owner (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON29 March 2016
I had to work and clean rooms in a student housing facility, the owner was gracious and gave clear expectations and also he was a good expierence of working with others.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
long days
Work Independently
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2016
I love a challenge and I found working here was a big challenge, Each place we went you had a time line and a lot of task to complete within that time line.work independently.
Merry maids
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 November 2015
I would arrive at work 15 minutes before my shift to organize my equipment for the day. Load my vehicle and proceed to the locations on my work order for each day.
once at the homes/business myself and my partner would follow our guidelines for cleaning each area according to the Merry Maids standards.

Hours were generally 8-5 Monday - Friday.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Was extremely hard on my back.
great job terrible management and treatment.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 November 2015
I worked at merry maids for a few months and at first it was great. I loved cleaning and all the customers management was so kind and helpful. The pay was great too. After I had been there for a few months the pay started to get less and less but we were cleaning more houses than before. More than once they messed up my pay one time they paid someone else who didn't even work that day for my cleaning. The second time they somehow forgot to put almost $200 on my pay but they paid my partner the right amount. When I pointed it out they were mad. They have a rule that if you get tips from the customers you have to hand it in then they will return it to you. They rarely give it back and if you ask they pretend they don't know what your talking about. They say you work 9-5pm but you have to be there for 8am and they make you work up to 630pm some days. If you have an appointment during the day they get mad and send you out to clean all day anyways. They give you your houses in the mornings and you could have 4-6 houses or a couple specials. They will have it so you are working till 430-5pm then on your way to the office give you another house and have you out till 6pm. The management started to get more rude as time went by and all they care about is the money they get from customers. They over charge and now they have a rule that if your cleaning an apartment your time starts when you park the car so the customer is paying for an hour and only getting 40 minutes of cleaning and getting ripped off. They also make you clean rat poo with no hand face or foot protection and don't care.
Pros
great customers and co-workers
Cons
long hours, unpredictable days, management doesn't care about you or your safety
good
Quality Assurance Manager and Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Quality Assurance and Sales Consultant4 October 2015
Fun exciting company to work for.Great group of co-workers who try hard each and every day to live up to the the Merry maids motto "It's a great day at Merry Maids" .
Merry Maids helped me to gain experience in the working industry when I was just starting out.
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 September 2015
Overall, Merry Maids was a decent job. Very active job, as it is to clean houses. Most enjoyable part was working in teams to get the cleaning done. Management was very understand and friendly.
Felt like a slave
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2015
Didn't feel lie this company cared about anything but money. It is hard to please everyone for the fact that everyone has different standards that take time to learn so we could meet them properly. If a customer had a complaint be it small or large, instead of working with the employees and coming up with a solution together, the management would deduct money off of the employees checks,
Excellent Job
Maid Service (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON29 May 2015
.This was a great place to work.I learned alot of skills and I enjoyed working with my co-workers. This co.is no longer in business.
Fun and easy
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 May 2015
This job was a good job. I liked meeting the new customers and getting to know them. The people I worked with were very friendly.
merry maids
cleaner (Current Employee) –  richmonhill, on29 April 2015
A typical day working at merry maids is we would get in for 7:45 and have a morning meeting about every customer we have get are totes ready for the day then off to the first house, sometimes we work in a team but most of the time we are alone. I learned that there are different people everyday with different things going in there life why they are not able to do there daily house stuff. My coworkers are very friendly and helpful. the hardest part dealing with my job was making sure the customer was happy at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing my work right and always getting thank for it, then I know I've done my job right.
Merry Maids
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2015
I honestly love this company! I clean house by myself, and the management is ALWAYS willing to bring you extra equipment; and even help you out. The very first house I did, I was with my boss, and she was out cleaning houses all day, so they put in the effort as well. Which is a nice change. I usually clean 2 normal houses a day. Meaning top floor and bottom floor. Some houses take me longer then others, but most of time I can be off between 2 and 3 PM and have the afternoon to myself. The only thing I don't like is the feeling of awkwardness between my other co-workers... I almost feel like they don't like me, but it also could be because you have to be at the office for 7:30, and most of them live in the north.

But it's an amazing company, with great bosses! Love them,
Pros
Getting off early, meet new customers, seeing a smile on their face when we leave.
Cons
Waking up early.
great work place
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 February 2015
enjoyable, extra cleaning skills and how do a great job first time around, not very good, amazing co-workers, very messy bathrooms, knowing im helping somebody by giving them a clean house for when they get home and know they can relax.
Pros
great customers
Cons
poor management
ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 November 2014
learned to clean houses
management was good coworkers where nice
just wasnt the job for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7