Merry Maids

Merry Maids Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Red DeerMarch 2, 2014
Pros: employee of the month
Was a great place to work,I was a house cleaner,We were responsible for the cleanliness of many home and office spaces.As a great cleaner I received employee of the month for three of the months that i worked.
It's okay.
Residential Cleaner (Current Employee), ONOctober 28, 2013
It's an okay job, not something I want to do everyday. I don't really like it. It's cleaning 3-4 house a day. I've learned how to clean properly. Management is alright, some of the co-workers are iffy depends on who they are. The hardest part of the job is making sure its done right. The most enjoyable part is going home.
Fast-paced and fun work environment
In-home housekeeping (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 24, 2013
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: not enough money or hours
Working at Merry Maids was excellent. My co-workers were great and the management was organized and respectful. I enjoyed working with the people but the job entailed my driving all over Halifax/Dartmouth to clean houses. I didn't get many hours and the pay wasn't cutting it, so I moved back to Cape Breton to attend the Office Admin program at CBBC.
The potential is great
Office Administrator/Retention specialist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 12, 2012
Cons: no benifits and low wages
A typical day
- Double check the maid's schedule , following up on leads and sales calls the phone and email.

I have learned that setting clear boundaries and professionalism is essential to a management team.

My co workers work really hard at their job and deserve much more then our company was able to provide .

The hardest part of my job was my – more... relationship with my boss.

The customer service and capturing sales was my favorite part of the job – less
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Nanaimo,BCNovember 10, 2012
Pros: weekly paycheque, flexible hrs
Cons: exhausting work
Very organized,Mon-friday typical day is short but exhausting,weekely paycheque.
Maid/Cleaner
Merry Maid of the Valley (Current Employee), Greenwood, NSOctober 30, 2012
Pros: benifits, get paid for gas.
Cons: not enough money.
Get ready for the day, get everything together. Drive to the first house and you got to fill out some paper work with the miles and your time you started and ended. One parnter does wet the other does dry through out the house. We do everything from top to bottom. I love my job but Im looking to go out west and start making money.
Summer Part-Time (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 10, 2012
Working with merry maids, was a typical day to day occupancy. For myself it was a typical day at home- only cleaning and satifying other people. My management was a family memember- and it didnt really work out. My co-workers were awesome and we all helped eachother get the job done in time. The hardest part of the job was seeing cokmplete satisfaction – more... from client, although sometimes it was not easy, I can say that the job was always done right. HAving clients call back for another house cleaning job meant that we were satisfying ti them, and that was very enjoyable to myself and co-workers. – less
Horrible Place too work
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: some custers were nice
Cons: cleaning gross houses and driving all around town
They treat their employees like slaves, Only care about the money an new customers.Typical day at merry maid is 2-3 houses an if they wanted too they will send you to do more or to help someone. I learned that people are gross and do not know how to clean up after themselves. Some co-workers were good and some weren't. Hardest part of the job was driving – more... your own car, put to many miles on and if it breaks down or your air breaks. they have no care in the world. some customer were a joy to be around. – less
good
Team Captain (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
co-workers are friendly the only thing I miss about this job is my clients
Awesome place to work if you can afford to work here
House Cleaner (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaApril 2, 2014
Pros: monday thru friday job 8-5 most days
Cons: you dont get paid a lot of money to clean houses
Everyday you go into a residential home and clean for them. You clean bathrooms, kitchens, master bathrooms, master bedrooms, vacuum, and wash the floors on your hands and knees.
An excellent customer based business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 2, 2014
Outstanding provider of residential home cleaning from one of the country's best Cleaning Services.
Awful
Solo Maid (Former Employee), KnoxvilleMarch 28, 2014
Cons: wastes yout time and doesn't pay by the hour
Manager is a brute who is convinced he is always right. He is rude to clients and has a terrible employee turn over rate because the interviewer lies about the job opportunities and the pay turns out to be horribly low. He bullies his employees
not a fair place to work
Maid (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 25, 2014
management seemed to control every aspect of the job and if a client didnt like something they fired you. did not make hourly wages. compensation was 17% of the amount quoted after company took their share.
Merry Maid
Cleaner (Current Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 12, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: not enough money or benefits
Its a descent job if you need money however when you have kids and household bills it doesn't help to much. Overall the people are a blast to work with. The cleaning is fun the customers are incredible and appreciative. Furthermore it is not the career that I want.
Fun but busy
General Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: always learning something new
Cons: stressful
Learned more about admin/clerical than any other admin position previously held.
Good Experience
teammate, captain (Former Employee), 895 Texas St. Bellingham, WA 98226March 7, 2014
I did like that we did get paid weekly and there were tips that you could get with the job.
The co-workers were all younger girls.
We'd get to clean up to four houses daily and used our own transportation.
small office
residential cleaner (Former Employee), Lehighton, PAFebruary 20, 2014
it was nice working a different route every day, but the constant travel and being stuck in a car for half the day was exhausting. it didn't pay enough to keep up with the bills.
we had fun with our partners
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: got off work early alot of days
Cons: some very dirty homes
overall when you had a partner you really liked we had alot of fun cleaning together
Busy
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: when you get done with your jobs your done for the day!!!
Cons: low pay :(
Loved cleaning and making homes look great. Paying attention to detail is a must at this job.
Great place.
Team Captain (Cleaner) (Former Employee), Farmington, CTFebruary 11, 2014
I was part of a family and loved it. I had flexible hours. Some days were longer than others but that was part of the job. Customers were awesome and very grateful for our work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Merry Maids

Merry Maids is happy to scrub, straighten, and sanitize. Founded in 1979, home cleaning company Merry Maids has more than 600 – Read more

Merry Maids Photos