Merry Maids Employee Reviews

Fun Work with friendly coworkers
Co-Owner (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMarch 29, 2016
I had to work and clean rooms in a student housing facility, the owner was gracious and gave clear expectations and also he was a good expierence of working with others.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
long days
Merry maids
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 19, 2015
I would arrive at work 15 minutes before my shift to organize my equipment for the day. Load my vehicle and proceed to the locations on my work order for each day.
once at the homes/business myself and my partner would follow our guidelines for cleaning each area according to the Merry Maids standards.

Hours were generally 8-5 Monday - Friday.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Was extremely hard on my back.
Work Independently
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I love a challenge and I found working here was a big challenge, Each place we went you had a time line and a lot of task to complete within that time line.work independently.
Felt like a slave
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2015
Didn't feel lie this company cared about anything but money. It is hard to please everyone for the fact that everyone has different standards that take time to learn so we could meet them properly. If a customer had a complaint be it small or large, instead of working with the employees and coming up with a solution together, the management would deduct money off of the employees checks,
Merry Maids helped me to gain experience in the working industry when I was just starting out.
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Overall, Merry Maids was a decent job. Very active job, as it is to clean houses. Most enjoyable part was working in teams to get the cleaning done. Management was very understand and friendly.
good
Quality Assurance Manager and Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Quality Assurance and Sales ConsultantOctober 4, 2015
Fun exciting company to work for.Great group of co-workers who try hard each and every day to live up to the the Merry maids motto "It's a great day at Merry Maids" .
merry maids
cleaner (Current Employee) –  richmonhill, onApril 29, 2015
A typical day working at merry maids is we would get in for 7:45 and have a morning meeting about every customer we have get are totes ready for the day then off to the first house, sometimes we work in a team but most of the time we are alone. I learned that there are different people everyday with different things going in there life why they are not able to do there daily house stuff. My coworkers are very friendly and helpful. the hardest part dealing with my job was making sure the customer was happy at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing my work right and always getting thank for it, then I know I've done my job right.
Merry Maids
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
I honestly love this company! I clean house by myself, and the management is ALWAYS willing to bring you extra equipment; and even help you out. The very first house I did, I was with my boss, and she was out cleaning houses all day, so they put in the effort as well. Which is a nice change. I usually clean 2 normal houses a day. Meaning top floor and bottom floor. Some houses take me longer then others, but most of time I can be off between 2 and 3 PM and have the afternoon to myself. The only thing I don't like is the feeling of awkwardness between my other co-workers... I almost feel like they don't like me, but it also could be because you have to be at the office for 7:30, and most of them live in the north.

But it's an amazing company, with great bosses! Love them,
Pros
Getting off early, meet new customers, seeing a smile on their face when we leave.
Cons
Waking up early.
Great bosses/co-workers and very nice customers.
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be to show up about 5-10 mins early figure out where/what I'm doing and get right to work. Every day I learned how to have a positive attitude towards everything no matter the challenge. There was always me and my partner to so many houses a day. They were about an hour to an hour and a half houses that were completed in those times sometimes sooner. The co-workers were very nice but like I said I only worked with one person and we were in and out of the office very quickly every morning and every afternoon when we finished. The hardest part of the job would of been dealing with upset customers. The best thing was always seeing the success in the end
I loved working for Merry Maids
Merrry "Maid (Current Employee) –  Victoria British Columbia CanadaFebruary 24, 2012
I had worked for Merry Maids, and still am until Tuesday, they are a great employer, I am leaving because I was told by doctor I can no longer clean. which is to me very sad because I have not only gotten close to all the staff but to all the clients, they offer benefits, and bonuses, and are a great company to work for, anyone who got a position should expect to work hard but be rewarded for it
Pros
bonuses, perks, outings
Cons
not sure of work hours, very challenging expectations
Summer Part-Time (Former Employee) –  MississaugaApril 10, 2012
Working with merry maids, was a typical day to day occupancy. For myself it was a typical day at home- only cleaning and satifying other people. My management was a family memember- and it didnt really work out. My co-workers were awesome and we all helped eachother get the job done in time. The hardest part of the job was seeing cokmplete satisfaction from client, although sometimes it was not easy, I can say that the job was always done right. HAving clients call back for another house cleaning job meant that we were satisfying ti them, and that was very enjoyable to myself and co-workers.
The potential is great
Office Administrator/Retention specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 12, 2012
A typical day
- Double check the maid's schedule , following up on leads and sales calls the phone and email.

I have learned that setting clear boundaries and professionalism is essential to a management team.

My co workers work really hard at their job and deserve much more then our company was able to provide .

The hardest part of my job was my relationship with my boss.

The customer service and capturing sales was my favorite part of the job
Cons
no benifits and low wages
Fast-paced and fun work environment
In-home housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 24, 2013
Working at Merry Maids was excellent. My co-workers were great and the management was organized and respectful. I enjoyed working with the people but the job entailed my driving all over Halifax/Dartmouth to clean houses. I didn't get many hours and the pay wasn't cutting it, so I moved back to Cape Breton to attend the Office Admin program at CBBC.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
not enough money or hours
great work place
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 22, 2015
enjoyable, extra cleaning skills and how do a great job first time around, not very good, amazing co-workers, very messy bathrooms, knowing im helping somebody by giving them a clean house for when they get home and know they can relax.
Pros
great customers
Cons
poor management
Maid/Cleaner
Merry Maid of the Valley (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, NSOctober 30, 2012
Get ready for the day, get everything together. Drive to the first house and you got to fill out some paper work with the miles and your time you started and ended. One parnter does wet the other does dry through out the house. We do everything from top to bottom. I love my job but Im looking to go out west and start making money.
Pros
benifits, get paid for gas.
Cons
not enough money.
It's okay.
Residential Cleaner (Current Employee) –  ONOctober 28, 2013
It's an okay job, not something I want to do everyday. I don't really like it. It's cleaning 3-4 house a day. I've learned how to clean properly. Management is alright, some of the co-workers are iffy depends on who they are. The hardest part of the job is making sure its done right. The most enjoyable part is going home.
Very physical and fast paced
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 25, 2014
Working at Merry Maids is a very physically demanding job. With each house we clean, there is a specific timeline in which we have to complete the job. It requires you to be able to multi task and interact with your clients. It did provide me with the satisfaction of helping others.
Excellent Job
Maid Service (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 29, 2015
.This was a great place to work.I learned alot of skills and I enjoyed working with my co-workers. This co.is no longer in business.
Fun and easy
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 13, 2015
This job was a good job. I liked meeting the new customers and getting to know them. The people I worked with were very friendly.
great place to work
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Red DeerMarch 2, 2014
Was a great place to work,I was a house cleaner,We were responsible for the cleanliness of many home and office spaces.As a great cleaner I received employee of the month for three of the months that i worked.
Pros
employee of the month

2.7