Meridian is seeking a Senior Developer based in our Mississauga, ON, Canada office. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop and deliver quality software, write, modify, integrate, and test software code for self-service kiosks and other internet applications in Visual Studio .NET C# using best practices of Test Driven Development (TDD). Candidate will also maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions, assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client side C# .NET development
- Visual Studio C# .NET (5+ years’ experience)
- Contribute at a senior level to all areas of software development
- At least seven years of experience developing software with increasing responsibility
- Proven ability to develop and deliver quality software on time
- Has developed C# .NET desktop applications for at least 5 years
- Has developed software for at least 10 years
- Experienced in agile programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Data Structures, Object-Oriented Analysis & Design.
- Windows Service programming, SOAP 2.0/ STOMP/ REST. Model View Controller (MVC), Hardware knowledge, Serial Communications
- COM/ Com+/ DCOM/ MTS/ ActiveX, XML Technology (XSL,XSD,DTD)
- Work as a team and is a motivated, self-starter.
Preferred skills, knowledge, abilities, and competencies:
- Experience working with hardware device interfaces (Serial and USB) preferred
- Experience with Self-Service kiosks software development.
- Automated unit testing, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Messaging queues: ActiveMQ or related
- Model View Controller (MVC)
- Serial/USB communications
- Participates in system architecture design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A leader who promotes teamwork across the entire organization
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Summary Technical Skills:
Languages: Visual Studio .NET C# 2010, Windows Forms, XML, SQL
Frameworks: ActiveMQ, unit testing Is an asset: Managed Add-in Framework (MAF),
Web Technologies: SOAP 2.0 / STOMP / REST. Is an asset: Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and middleware exposure is an asset
Meridian is the leader in self-service solutions in the design and manufacture of award-winning kiosks and enterprise level software solutions. We are a true concept to completion solution provider, partnered with Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Storm and Key Innovations, Zebra Technologies, and others to ensure that our industry class solutions exceed the dictates of self-service solution needs. We specialize in self-service solutions via the design, engineering, fabrication, assembly, integration, staging, deployments, and support of self-service kiosks. Meridian provides both turnkey and custom solutions for clients worldwide. Our facilities include: the Self-Service Technology Center (SSTC) in Bentonville, AR (which serves as a showcase center of wide-ranging solutions and integrated technology), the corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Aberdeen, NC and the Mzero software solution center in Toronto, Canada. We are preparing to meet the demands of the next generation of self-service needs and are looking for individuals to capture our vision and join a remarkable team.