Meridian Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Culture, people, benefits and environment
SENIOR SMALL BUSINESS ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Great Culture, people, benefits and environment. Supportive teams at any of the branches and truly believe in making a difference in member's lives and in the community.
Unproductive, unethical and cheap
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON30 November 2016
Horrible place to work!

Once you get over the initial years of being fed complete lies about culture, employee appreciation and room for development, the company seems to be more concerned with their bottom line than helping the same Members that they boast are their "number 1 priority". Management is inexperienced and generally hired from outside sources, who do not comply with Meridian's culture and overall values. Degrading employees is a regular day occurrence and it is not uncommon to leave work feeling undeserved and worthless due to ridicule and reprimand for nothing more than doing your job and trying to help people.

They do not CARE about employees or Member's and they will only get worse the bigger they grow. Glad I don't work for that horrible company any longer.

Thanks Meridian for the wasted years and negligent coaching from your highly stunted management team. Especially the Manager at Pickering branch where I was from.
Pros
Meeting new people - Drinks with friends from work
Cons
Horrible place to work or bank
nice place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2017
Friendly Staff
Great management
Flexible working hours
Work part of small teams with clear goals and expectations. If you like helping customers with their finances then you will find life in a branch rewarding. It can be busy and there is lots to learn but if you are positive and proactive you will enjoy working here.
Good Company
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, ON15 January 2017
Opportunities to learn and develop career is there. Responsibilities and task to complete on a daily basis could extend beyond the basic job description, which is a good thing as it equips the employee with various skills.
Good environment with the right manager
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Union, ON26 November 2016
Overall great place to work, keep on top of your manager to ensure you get the proper coaching to grow within the company.
A good place to work
Financial Services Small Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON18 February 2016
Management is fair, the work environment is productive. A good balance between corporate structure and employee independance.
Pros
Co-Operative Credit Union environment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunites, small corporate structure
Example: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
MSR and Wealth Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON1 November 2012
general company culture of work/life balance is good and so is encouragement to advance, but may be undermined by individual branch manager.
Pay mediocre
Pros
good benefits and pension plan, including for part-time employees
Cons
good company policies but very subject to individual branch mgr.
productive to place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2016
productive to place to work

we engage at all levels with passion, innovation and a near obsession for adding value to our clients with each interaction. As such we seek people with similar drive and ethics to join growing team.
A relationship-based approach to banking
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, ON9 April 2016
I have learned and grown as a customer service representative at Meridian Credit Union. The work atmosphere is phenomenal, with ample opportunity to learn the intricacies of retail banking (accounting, finance, advisory, risk), devoid of the pressure extreme sales targets.
Amazing company to work for!
Senior Manager, Internal Communications (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2016
Meridian is a fantastic company to work for. During my time with this company, I was able to develop myself in all aspects of my career!
Great company to work for.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, ON7 April 2016
Responsible for staffing, interviewing, training, scheduling, attendance of front line staff.
Responsible for cash requirements, audits, reports.
Set goals for staff, and prepared and delivered annual performance reviews
Excellent Benefits
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON24 February 2016
Very friendly environment, very helpful peers, and very flexible schedules. Every morning I looked forward and I was happy to go to work.
Positive and enthusiastic work environment
Senior Mortgage and Member Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2012
I was part of the Desjardins Credit Union "centralized lending" group dealing with Members & Mortgage Brokers pertaining to residential mortgages. I've been in this industry for many years and have enjoyed the last 6 years the most because of the Credit Union environment. A true "community Lender" that care about the Members and Employees equally. The biggest challenge I encountered was the merger of DCU and Meridian Credit Union. The Management teams helped make this transition less stressful and we were able to continue our daily work shedule without much interuption.

It is my hope to continue to work in a similar "family" type environment offering personalized and experienced service to clients.
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
hiring process needs improvement
Good place to work and excellent place to do your banking
Member Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 October 2014
Meridian is the result of two mergers while I worked there. The first HEPCOE with AMCU in the mid 1990's and then HEPCOE with Niagara Credit Union in 2005. The branch I worked at was the original head office of AMCU. This growth was aggressive in nature to try to capture the market share in the GTA branches. My job was to provide administrative support to the manager and to greet Members as they came to the branch or called in. My co-workers were fabulous and goal oriented. The hardest part of the job was tracking sales as you went through the day as it was a manual process. The best part of the job was the Members as they are the reason you come to work each day.
Pros
Provided good products that were competitive.
Cons
The sales culture became very aggressive and the tracking was manual and took up too much time.
A highly results oriented Executive who can move quickly from the conceptual, to the strategic, to implimentation
SVP Human Resources / Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Toronto On30 January 2013
I am an experienced Human Resources Executive who understands that Culture and Leadership are accelerants to business results and employee engagement.
Excellent Work Environment, Great Team Spirit
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 January 2014
Working with a fabulous team of 14 staff, I served as an administrative assistant/member services officer to the branch management team, handled a very busy phone system and functioned as primary liaison to members of the credit union to ensure a consistently positive banking experience.
Pros
Excellent management and team
N/A
Account Administration Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2015
Handled account inquiries and information requests for current and prospective members, Made outbound calls for automated banking machine and point of salesskimming and for received Velocity Alert Files to validate authenticity; updated ACE note with results .Performed teller services for members and scheduled maintenance on members’ accounts
Great Company, Grea Benefits and fun peers and management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 May 2014
The company was one of the best places ive ever worked, I was sad to leave all of the great team members and great management. there was great communication and help from all areas of the branch.
Productive and fun place to work at
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario8 June 2015
Analyzing business by providing quality service and advice to clients on loan applications, deposit products, investment and mutual fund sales, Provided assistance and peer coaching to new employee.
Fun
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto31 May 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

4.2