Meridian Credit Union

Meridian Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work and excellent place to do your banking
Member Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 1, 2014
Pros: provided good products that were competitive.
Cons: the sales culture became very aggressive and the tracking was manual and took up too much time.
Meridian is the result of two mergers while I worked there. The first HEPCOE with AMCU in the mid 1990's and then HEPCOE with Niagara Credit Union in 2005. The branch I worked at was the original head office of AMCU. This growth was aggressive in nature to try to capture the market share in the GTA branches. My job was to provide administrative support – more... to the manager and to greet Members as they came to the branch or called in. My co-workers were fabulous and goal oriented. The hardest part of the job was tracking sales as you went through the day as it was a manual process. The best part of the job was the Members as they are the reason you come to work each day. – less
Fun
QA Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoMay 31, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Company, Grea Benefits and fun peers and management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 14, 2014
The company was one of the best places ive ever worked, I was sad to leave all of the great team members and great management. there was great communication and help from all areas of the branch.
Great company
Technical Learning Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: structure
Great team, values and partnerships at Meridian.
Project base, consultant role offering solutions and recommendations to the stakeholders.
A highly results oriented Executive who can move quickly from the conceptual, to the strategic, to implimentation
SVP Human Resources / Corporate Communications (Former Employee), Toronto OnJanuary 30, 2013
I am an experienced Human Resources Executive who understands that Culture and Leadership are accelerants to business results and employee engagement.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
MSR and Wealth Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Port Elgin, ONNovember 1, 2012
Pros: good benefits and pension plan, including for part-time employees
Cons: good company policies but very subject to individual branch mgr.
general company culture of work/life balance is good and so is encouragement to advance, but may be undermined by individual branch manager.
Pay mediocre
Positive and enthusiastic work environment
Senior Mortgage and Member Services Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: friendly workplace
Cons: hiring process needs improvement
I was part of the Desjardins Credit Union "centralized lending" group dealing with Members & Mortgage Brokers pertaining to residential mortgages. I've been in this industry for many years and have enjoyed the last 6 years the most because of the Credit Union environment. A true "community Lender" that care about the Members and Employees equally. The – more... biggest challenge I encountered was the merger of DCU and Meridian Credit Union. The Management teams helped make this transition less stressful and we were able to continue our daily work shedule without much interuption.

It is my hope to continue to work in a similar "family" type environment offering personalized and experienced service to clients. – less
Meridian is a great company.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Kincardine, ONAugust 27, 2012
Meridian is a Member driven company. It is a financial institution with a heart that works in the best interest of its members and its staff. I very much enjoyed working there.
My first real job
Business Analyst & Computer Programmer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 24, 2012
Pros: fun staff, nice office, approachable senior management
Cons: low salary, job security
Amazing staff in the corporate office, made some friends and they all worked very hard but liked to do things after hours. Close bunch but became unstable when there was the corporate merge and consultants temporarily took over. CEO would hold meetings with staff and has a good sense of humor.