Meridian Credit Union Employee Reviews in Canada

A relationship-based approach to banking
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, ONApril 9, 2016
I have learned and grown as a customer service representative at Meridian Credit Union. The work atmosphere is phenomenal, with ample opportunity to learn the intricacies of retail banking (accounting, finance, advisory, risk), devoid of the pressure extreme sales targets.
Great company to work for.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, ONApril 7, 2016
Responsible for staffing, interviewing, training, scheduling, attendance of front line staff.
Responsible for cash requirements, audits, reports.
Set goals for staff, and prepared and delivered annual performance reviews
Amazing company to work for!
Senior Manager, Internal Communications (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Meridian is a fantastic company to work for. During my time with this company, I was able to develop myself in all aspects of my career!
Excellent Benefits
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Very friendly environment, very helpful peers, and very flexible schedules. Every morning I looked forward and I was happy to go to work.
A good place to work
Financial Services Small Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Management is fair, the work environment is productive. A good balance between corporate structure and employee independance.
Pros
Co-Operative Credit Union environment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunites, small corporate structure
Productive and fun place to work at
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJune 8, 2015
Analyzing business by providing quality service and advice to clients on loan applications, deposit products, investment and mutual fund sales, Provided assistance and peer coaching to new employee.
N/A
Account Administration Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2015
Handled account inquiries and information requests for current and prospective members, Made outbound calls for automated banking machine and point of salesskimming and for received Velocity Alert Files to validate authenticity; updated ACE note with results .Performed teller services for members and scheduled maintenance on members’ accounts
Great Company
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 7, 2015
Great company that cares about their employees. Meridian really puts a focus on utilizing employees strengths, and working with them to reach their ultimate potential.
Professional, yet fun atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OnFebruary 11, 2015
The staff at the branch that I worked at were friendly and truly cared for the customers. Customers were treated as people, not just numbers.
Pros
felt like part of a family
Cons
turnovers
Good place to work and excellent place to do your banking
Member Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONOctober 1, 2014
Meridian is the result of two mergers while I worked there. The first HEPCOE with AMCU in the mid 1990's and then HEPCOE with Niagara Credit Union in 2005. The branch I worked at was the original head office of AMCU. This growth was aggressive in nature to try to capture the market share in the GTA branches. My job was to provide administrative support to the manager and to greet Members as they came to the branch or called in. My co-workers were fabulous and goal oriented. The hardest part of the job was tracking sales as you went through the day as it was a manual process. The best part of the job was the Members as they are the reason you come to work each day.
Pros
provided good products that were competitive.
Cons
the sales culture became very aggressive and the tracking was manual and took up too much time.
Fun
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 31, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Company, Grea Benefits and fun peers and management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 14, 2014
The company was one of the best places ive ever worked, I was sad to leave all of the great team members and great management. there was great communication and help from all areas of the branch.
Excellent Work Environment, Great Team Spirit
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 10, 2014
Working with a fabulous team of 14 staff, I served as an administrative assistant/member services officer to the branch management team, handled a very busy phone system and functioned as primary liaison to members of the credit union to ensure a consistently positive banking experience.
Pros
excellent management and team
Great company
Technical Learning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2013
Great team, values and partnerships at Meridian.
Project base, consultant role offering solutions and recommendations to the stakeholders.
Pros
structure
A highly results oriented Executive who can move quickly from the conceptual, to the strategic, to implimentation
SVP Human Resources / Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Toronto OnJanuary 30, 2013
I am an experienced Human Resources Executive who understands that Culture and Leadership are accelerants to business results and employee engagement.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
MSR and Wealth Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Elgin, ONNovember 1, 2012
general company culture of work/life balance is good and so is encouragement to advance, but may be undermined by individual branch manager.
Pay mediocre
Pros
good benefits and pension plan, including for part-time employees
Cons
good company policies but very subject to individual branch mgr.
Positive and enthusiastic work environment
Senior Mortgage and Member Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2012
I was part of the Desjardins Credit Union "centralized lending" group dealing with Members & Mortgage Brokers pertaining to residential mortgages. I've been in this industry for many years and have enjoyed the last 6 years the most because of the Credit Union environment. A true "community Lender" that care about the Members and Employees equally. The biggest challenge I encountered was the merger of DCU and Meridian Credit Union. The Management teams helped make this transition less stressful and we were able to continue our daily work shedule without much interuption.

It is my hope to continue to work in a similar "family" type environment offering personalized and experienced service to clients.
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
hiring process needs improvement
Meridian is a great company.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ONAugust 27, 2012
Meridian is a Member driven company. It is a financial institution with a heart that works in the best interest of its members and its staff. I very much enjoyed working there.
My first real job
Business Analyst & Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 24, 2012
Amazing staff in the corporate office, made some friends and they all worked very hard but liked to do things after hours. Close bunch but became unstable when there was the corporate merge and consultants temporarily took over. CEO would hold meetings with staff and has a good sense of humor.
Pros
fun staff, nice office, approachable senior management
Cons
low salary, job security

4.4