Job Title: Quick Service and Concessions Manager
Department: Food & Beverage Services
Reports To: Director of Food & Beverage
Job Type: Permanent, Salary, Benefit
Directs all Food & Beverage activities for events by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes client food & beverage and operational needs for the event.
- Develops menus/themes for the event and establishes pricing for services.
- Assists in developing work plans including scheduling and ordering, and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
- Manages all quick service operations during event to ensure client satisfaction and quality control standards.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Assists with creation of Food and Beverage sales projections and budgets for facility events.
- Maintains inventory control, manages procurement and overall product management.
- Assists with analysis of information concerning facility operation such as daily food sales, patron attendance, and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of facility operations.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Works within guidelines for food and labor costs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Manages employees in the Food & Beverage Department with specific focus on quick service operations, and may include catering, concessions, or culinary staffing. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of any of the unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred
Minimum 5 years’ experience in management level position in Food & Beverage or training
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Prior supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent organizational and planning skills
Strong customer service orientation
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
This position will work with limited supervision and will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, on event days, including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Flexible working hours to accommodate business needs including all event days as needed.
Salary Range: 35,000-45,000 to commiserate with experience. (please do not apply if your salary expectations exceed this range.)