Job Title: Manager of Operations
Reports To: Director of Operations
Position Type: Full time salary with benefits
This is a full time managerial position responsible for all aspects of the operations department. Under the guidance of the Director of Operations the ideal candidate will be involved in supervising and training all operations staff. This is a working managerial position with manual labour and documentation both being vital aspects of the job. Being part of the brand new Meridian Centre the ideal candidate will be a great team player with a stellar attitude who emphasizes customer service and professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performance of ice maintenance, event setup, building maintenance, grounds maintenance and
- To function in a front line supervisory capacity, supervising and coordinating activities of part time operations personnel.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve operational issues.
- Instruct and also take the lead of facility conversions.
- Ability to work varied schedule including evenings, nights and weekends.
- Perform building opening and closing procedures; assist in providing facility security and ensuring procedures are followed in the event of evacuation, fire alarms, injuries, etc.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Monitor the refrigeration plant in accordance with legal requirements.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of operations for the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure safe operation of all HVAC and refrigeration equipment
- Oversee and ensure smooth event conversions within the facility
- Enforce all safety policies both from SMG and WSIB
- Hire and train new staff
- Perform disciplinary measures when needed
- Be on call and MOD when required
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Secondary school graduate.
- Must possess valid Class “B” refrigeration ticket.
- Must possess valid Ontario class “G” drivers license.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience .
- Ability to do heavy lifting and ability to work at heights.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated familiarity with tools and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to develop good rapport with management, tenants, fellow employees and the general public.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously, working under tight deadlines.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Some basic computer skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
Salary ranges $38,500-$41,500 depending on experience
Indeed - 7 months ago
The Meridian Centre, a new 100,000 sq.ft. 6,000+ seat venue, is owned by the City of St. Catharines and operated by SMG