Meredith Corporation Employee Reviews

A lot of mismanagement at the TV stn (CBS46) where I was asked to perform
News Anchor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA31 July 2017
While there were some talented individuals working within company, there are tremendous challenges for this company. Also, lack of consistency from Mgt showed in the overall news product.
Pros
Good compensation; poor mgt
Cons
Poor healthcare packages took away from compensation pkg
Professional, great brands and collaberative
Freelance Sales Development Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY12 July 2017
I was a freelance employee but treated as a full time sales person that was representative of my bosses. The brand MORE was an amazing product and unfortunately was folded -therefore I lost my position.
People are wonderful
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA11 July 2017
This is a wonderful place to work if you don't have a personal life. You are given a wide span of responsibilities with few resources. As a result, the compensation packages are below value.
Pros
Fitness Center, Cafeteria on site, stock options
Cons
shortage of staff
Productive and Fun Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA26 June 2017
The atmosphere at Meredith is wonderful. Business casual and the freedom to decorate your office to make it feel more like a comfortable environment. On-site cafeteria is very nice. Management is very approachable. Productive environment with wonderful people to work with.
Mdp
IT Systems technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 June 2017
Loaded with nice people to work with. Great to meet people from all over with different backgrounds. You can network and learn a lot from the people you will meet and work with day to day.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Compensation
Vibrant workplace with set goals and processes
Video Producer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA18 May 2017
I regularly produced, edited and revised 10-15 videos every two weeks with my team. Our time was also spent assisting with the corporate video needs of the Des Moines location of Meredith and handling corporately sponsored Facebook lives. Overall, I was able to be involved in a myriad of opportunities through this internship as given assignments as a coworker versus just an intern.
Nice people, tough business
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 May 2017
The people are the soul of Meredith, and they are devoted and hardworking. It's a no-nonsense, get-things-done atmosphere. The media business is hard and the transition to digital has been slow. Continued innovation will be necessary.
Bottom Line
Copy Chief, Shape and Fitness (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 May 2017
Fundamentally, the Meredith Corporation cares much, much more about their profit than their employees. The upper management views the corporations publication as faceless products rather than vehicles for information, enlightenment, and entertainment. Each year the staff of the magazines is trimmed to the point of ridiculousness.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Everything else
Energetic, Hard-Working, Family-like Workplace
Creative Services Writer / Producer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC4 April 2017
I worked for two years in the Creative Services/Promotions department for a local broadcast station. The station was great, I got to do a lot of exciting and unique projects in my time. I was hired in a newly created role, which was challenging in defining what it was and how it'd work for the department and station. I really enjoyed working with the community to sponsor or host events and showcasing our talent and content. Management was in transition during my time, but were always supportive and open to new ideas. The people at this specific station made it a great place to work and I was sad to leave, but had an exciting opportunity in New York City.
Pros
Quarterly Station-Wide Events, Meals; Flexible Schedule; Health Benefits
Cons
Compensation
A well run compny.
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, Iowa24 March 2017
I was impressed with how well organized the freelance process was. I took a grammar exam and was given my first assignment shortly afterwards. I received the company's style book also in a very efficient way.
Pros
Copy Editor who lined up my work was very dependable.
Cons
Competitive
Fun group activities, great compensation, low job security
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA6 March 2017
This is an agency and layoffs are inevitable.
A typical day at work would start with answering emails, inputting information. The end of the days usually got a more social and fun.
Making major moves not positive for print media.
Photo Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 February 2017
Meredith has a high aim to merge, buy, sell and acquire media. They are visibly gearing towards broadcast media and just starting to understand a digital environment. In the process, it would seem they are minimizing their print. Print has remained stagnant with decreasing budgets and staff. Their multi-cultural division is laughable and practically extinguished due to Meredith's disregard to the growing population.
There are very few promotions and no incentives.
Interestingly enough, each creative division has sensational talent. It is a good place to touch down, learn, and then move on quickly. Don't linger in hopes of merit.
Pros
Great place to learn.
Cons
No growth.
Not a fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA6 February 2017
Never gave much of a notice that we had to work at night during closing.
Getting cash & credit cards processed in a timely manner.
Manger wasn't a people person.
Pros
lot of nice people to work with
Cons
supervisor needs more training
I enjoyed learning the broadcast business with this team.
Account Manager - KFXO (Former Employee) –  Bend, OR31 January 2017
Meredith was a great company to work for but in Bend, advancement was not really available. I left to go to work for NPG of Oregon, where I advanced from Local Account Manager, to Local Sales Manager, National Sales Manager and then to the position of Director of Sales.
News video editor
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ29 January 2017
I would come in and look at the rundowns for each newscast,using inews. I would work my rundown with a partner editor and we would edit packages, late breaking news, feel good stories. in a fast pace environment.
Pros
all the editors are very helpful
Cons
very fast paced.
Enjoyable but not job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 January 2017
The jobs was great in the accept of wonderful benefits and work/life balance. However, there is no job security and sometimes management doesn't actually do there job.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
No job security
Its another job
Traffic Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  AZ12 September 2016
The company itself is fine. Management isn't the greatest in this department. Just another typical office job. Nice people
Pros
hour lunch, free ice cream on fridays in summer
Cons
no consistency
Great, family oriented company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY11 August 2016
Great company, family-oriented, very human and talented management. The best magazine company to work for out there! I would definitely work here again.
Pros
9-5pm hours is respected
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for job advancement.
Fun environment and challenging work
Senior Video Producer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA7 July 2016
Meredith is a enjoyable place to work. Management does a good job of letting you have a good work life balance. The positions I have worked in have been challenging and I have learned from my co-workers. Is great to work at a place where you job can be serious but you have fun while working.
Fun work day with kids
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA18 April 2016
I have worked with many families and all great kids. I love being able to make a difference in their lives. Also be a support to the parents.
Pros
flexible weekly schedule