Meredith Corporation Employee Reviews

Creative workplace
Executive Assistant to CDO (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA3 February 2018
Meredith is one of the most interesting, challenging and creative environments there is to work in the Des Moines area. Collaborative projects were a great way to bring departments together and one of the most enjoyable aspects.
Pros
Amazing cafeteria, creative people, great department heads
Cons
Cubicles
This is an evil empire dominated by old white men
TV news (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN2 February 2018
This place tosses its loyal longtime employees like trash. Yet the top brass get zillion dollar bonuses and they don't know jack about TV. They have ridiculous hoops to jump to get your health benefits and they discriminate luke crazy
Very exciting place to work.
HR Generalist/HRIS System Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA22 January 2018
There is a lot going on at Meredith and always something exciting to see and do. The lunchroom is great and the other employees always appear happy and upbeat.
I would complete paper work everyday from time sheets to shipping documents.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarion, IA20 December 2017
Work would start everyday at 7am which is great, for then the day would end at 3:30pm.
I would work with the Leads in two departments and also with the overall supervisor.
Pros
Early start to my day, good pay, great benefits.
Cons
If you did miss a day becasue you sick, it was kept track of and could affect your raise.
Fox Carolina Review
Producer/Writer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC11 December 2017
Each day is stressful and draining. Although I've learned a lot the benefits are almost not worth the cons. Most of the co-workers are enjoyable and I never felt unsafe. The benefits are excellent. The mangers are tough to deal with. Although it is a job, the managers seem to dismiss you as a human and treat you as a robot to squeeze as much out of you before disposing of you. Frankly I would never want to know the manager on a more personal basis because every time I see them I get a pit in my stomach.
Meredith
Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA1 December 2017
Good culture, but lacking in the compensation department. Leadership seems to operate in the shadows while keeping employees minimally informed. Some great people to work with, but also some incompetent people.
Pros
Vacation, location
Cons
compensation, leadership
the corporate culture changed radically from my date of hire to departure
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY5 November 2017
very Little appreciation for my contributions to the company which far exceeded my job description. Therefore, my conclusion is that they are not forward thinking and only focused on the short term bottom line. perhaps due to pressures on the industry in general.
Great Company!
Western Advertising Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL31 October 2017
Meredith is a great company for people who are starting in their careers who are interested in staying and advancing. I had great management through a long tenure and the opportunity to work on iconic brands.
Great company - worked in many different departments over the years
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA16 October 2017
Great training tools available

Since I've worked in different departments, enjoyed the variety of work

I learned a lot of different skills during my work at Meredith Corp.
Pros
Cafeteria, great benefits
Golden Handcuffs
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA3 October 2017
Back when I worked at Meredith, it was known as the company with the "golden handcuffs". The pay and benefits were so good, no one would ever leave to go anywhere else.
great place to work
V. P. Digital Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 September 2017
great people and great culture representing great brands. The industry is changing and Meredith is trying to adapt as fast as it can. Massive layoffs year to year and management changes every year but company culture is overall good.
Pros
top publisher in industry
Cons
dinosaur is a changing industry
A lot of mismanagement at the TV stn (CBS46) where I was asked to perform
News Anchor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA31 July 2017
While there were some talented individuals working within company, there are tremendous challenges for this company. Also, lack of consistency from Mgt showed in the overall news product.
Pros
Good compensation; poor mgt
Cons
Poor healthcare packages took away from compensation pkg
Professional, great brands and collaberative
Freelance Sales Development Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY12 July 2017
I was a freelance employee but treated as a full time sales person that was representative of my bosses. The brand MORE was an amazing product and unfortunately was folded -therefore I lost my position.
People are wonderful
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA11 July 2017
This is a wonderful place to work if you don't have a personal life. You are given a wide span of responsibilities with few resources. As a result, the compensation packages are below value.
Pros
Fitness Center, Cafeteria on site, stock options
Cons
shortage of staff
Productive and Fun Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA26 June 2017
The atmosphere at Meredith is wonderful. Business casual and the freedom to decorate your office to make it feel more like a comfortable environment. On-site cafeteria is very nice. Management is very approachable. Productive environment with wonderful people to work with.
Mdp
IT Systems technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 June 2017
Loaded with nice people to work with. Great to meet people from all over with different backgrounds. You can network and learn a lot from the people you will meet and work with day to day.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Compensation
Vibrant workplace with set goals and processes
Video Producer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA18 May 2017
I regularly produced, edited and revised 10-15 videos every two weeks with my team. Our time was also spent assisting with the corporate video needs of the Des Moines location of Meredith and handling corporately sponsored Facebook lives. Overall, I was able to be involved in a myriad of opportunities through this internship as given assignments as a coworker versus just an intern.
Nice people, tough business
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 May 2017
The people are the soul of Meredith, and they are devoted and hardworking. It's a no-nonsense, get-things-done atmosphere. The media business is hard and the transition to digital has been slow. Continued innovation will be necessary.
Bottom Line
Copy Chief, Shape and Fitness (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 May 2017
Fundamentally, the Meredith Corporation cares much, much more about their profit than their employees. The upper management views the corporations publication as faceless products rather than vehicles for information, enlightenment, and entertainment. Each year the staff of the magazines is trimmed to the point of ridiculousness.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Everything else
Energetic, Hard-Working, Family-like Workplace
Creative Services Writer / Producer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC4 April 2017
I worked for two years in the Creative Services/Promotions department for a local broadcast station. The station was great, I got to do a lot of exciting and unique projects in my time. I was hired in a newly created role, which was challenging in defining what it was and how it'd work for the department and station. I really enjoyed working with the community to sponsor or host events and showcasing our talent and content. Management was in transition during my time, but were always supportive and open to new ideas. The people at this specific station made it a great place to work and I was sad to leave, but had an exciting opportunity in New York City.
Pros
Quarterly Station-Wide Events, Meals; Flexible Schedule; Health Benefits
Cons
Compensation