Type: Permanent full-time employee
Salary: $50,000/year plus Medical/Dental benefits and RRSP plan available
Positions available: 1
Start Date: Immediately
* Please include an elevator pitch about Mercury Filmworks from the information found online. *
Company Info: Mercury Filmworks is one of Canada's most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Stella & Sam, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle, Ruby Gloom, Grossology, Gerald McBoing Boing, Curious George: The Movie, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, Fat Albert, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, American Greetings, Entertainment One, Technicolor, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, CBC, Teletoon, YTV, Family Channel, and Treehouse. www.mercuryfilmworks.com
Job Description: We are currently seeking an intermediate level Corporate Marketing & Communications Manager.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an organized and self-motivated marketing professional who has great attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. The position will be in charge of planning and executing internal and external marketing and communication strategies for the company, its subsidiaries and their respective products. This position will be reporting to the President and will be a part of a dynamic team that will contribute to the overall success of Mercury Filmworks.
- Identify marketing opportunities and generate exploitation strategies / briefs for presentation to management
- Develop, manage, and enforce brand policies
- Oversee all internal and external brand usage to ensure usage policies are met
- Maintain corporate and brand websites; review and refresh content on a regular basis
- Execute and manage all marketing, advertising, and promotional activities (working closely with copywriters and designers)
- Organize, track, and deliver static media deliverables for each film, television series, or product
- Develop, execute, and manage all internal, external and sponsored events as needed
- Identify and manage sponsorship opportunities (award shows, festivals, conferences, educational events)
- Prepare application and content submissions for industry awards
- Create, approve, and distribute all internal employee communications
- Manage and generate content for all social media sites and identify other relevant platforms
- Work closely with the Recruitment Manager on any overlapping strategies or events
- Communications, Business, or Marketing degree/diploma OR equivalent professional experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the marketing field
- Ability to make decisions, multi-task, and prioritize under pressure
- An extreme attention to detail and hyper awareness of sub textual and implied messaging
- Professional level writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of graphic design principles such as layout, composition, colour, typography, print processes etc.
- Proficient with Windows computer systems and standard office software such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro experience is desired but not essential
- Bilingual would be considered an asset
This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals with previous experience in marketing and / or communications who are looking for an exciting career in the entertainment industry. If you consider yourself a dynamic individual looking for a highly creative environment in which to grow, please introduce yourself.
Keywords: marketing, communications, media
All applicants must reside in Canada.
* Please include a written elevator pitch (~30 seconds) about Mercury Filmworks from the information found online. *
How to Apply: Please create your e-pitch and send with your resume to: jobs @mercuryfilmworks.com and reference: MCM-1013 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.
53 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K2E 8C3
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Mercury Filmworks is one of Canada's most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry...