Merck Employee Reviews

Great research products, well received, innovative management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2016
My years with Merck were probably the best years of my career. Within 2 years I my work was acknowledged and was promoted into the Head Office in Montreal, where I was usually given every new challenge that came up. As such, I developed vast industry knowledge and a variety of skills. As Sales Trainer, I developed training material that was used for several years later. Many "firsts" as whenever there was a new position, I got selected for the job.
Pros
Exceptional research products, innovation
Cons
As in any large organization, politics.
work life balance
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC29 February 2016
great company to work for. great work/life balance. competitive salaries & benefits. the people here are polite, helpful and believe in team building. always encouraged to apply and grow with the company. managers are always available to speak with/suggestions, problem trouble shooting.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
difficult to get a permanent position
Project Manager for infectious disease studies
Senior, Clinical Research Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2015
This was my first job in Clinical Research. This was my goal as I obtained my Master`s degree in Pharmacology.
I reported to the Director of the department. The entire department of Clinical Research inspired me and reassured me of my career direction. My Director provided me with the autonomy and trust that allowed me to grow and develop leadership skills that proved to be of the essence in my career to date.
Productive and great professional development
MSL (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, ON20 September 2015
Great company to learn on the job, opportunities to work in several projects out of the functional area, with Regional Groups and several people with different backgrounds and experience.
Very pleasurable, clean environment. Highly professional coworkers, a lot to learn for a new person in Pharmaceuticals.
Drug Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada2 May 2015
Very satisfactory. Highly professional.

I have learned a lot. Very corporate. Clean, a lot of attention to health. Events related to health, life-work balance.

Precision, speed, professionalism are very common.
Pros
Often free snaks. A lot of attention to health.
Cons
Too corporate.
good work life balance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC28 April 2015
People are professional and flexible on working hours. Great for work/life balance. A productive environment encouraging learning and career advancement.
Company with strong ethics and integrity
ASSOCIATE SALES DIRECTOR- ONCOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada9 March 2015
Merck is largely a primary care organization and buts up internal barriers to getting things done quickly in the interest of customer value. Speed does not have to mean unethical nor wrong and the evolving competitive landscape requires adaptation which is more troublesome in a large organization.
Pros
Ethical and Makes Medicines that matter
Cons
Large and inflexible.
Merck Kuwait
Product specialist Kuwait / CRA Gulf (Former Employee) –  Kuwait10 February 2015
I did learn a lot in Merck
It is a great company to work for
It add to my knowledge & develop my skills in the best way.
I held a CRA position with Merck as part time in addition to my product specialist job where I conduct phase 3 & 4 trials.
productive
Financial Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2015
Enjoyed working in the field as I learn a lot by being there, my immediate supervisor has thought me a lot, I would recommend this company any one of my friends or family members
Top pharmaceutical company
Key Account Manager Fertility (Former Employee) –  Ontario East and Atlantic provinces30 October 2014
Over the past 12 years, I have enjoyed the opportunity to learn and grow in a variety of different roles and therapeutic areas.

Want to know more about Merck?

Ask a question
Excellent company.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 October 2014
Great company to work for. Very competitive benefits and salary, and very innovative in R&D field.
Marketing Manager
Marketing Manager - Canada (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC6 October 2014
Great company. Great products. Great people. Wish I were still there.
Great multinational to work for
CRM, Reports and Process Trainer Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal area, Canada10 June 2014
Until early 2000 one of the best company to work for. As the business started to move in bigger centers, and in emerging markets, it become more difficult, but Merck is still a good company.
Pros
permanent contact with the clients
Cons
repetetive lay-offs changed the company culture
One of the best employers
Senior Health Solutions Sales Customer Innovation (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 May 2014
Highly ethical company leading in innovation outside the 'normal' realm of pharmaceuticals by embracing non-promtional relationships to further the delivery of health care to Canadians.

I am proud to say I am from Merck due to the reputation earned over 100 years by the company in helping people "Be Well"
Well respected pharmaceutical company
Vice President, Regional Legal Lead (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec14 March 2014
Interesting and challenging position working with European and Canadian lawyers.
Very Productive and ideal company to work with
Sr. SCCM Patching Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PA10 December 2013
The work is more related to engineering works for SCCM stuff like patching, infrastructure issue resolution.
The management was pretty helpful for any information.
I enjoyed the work all my tenure.
Pros
No bossism and micro management
Cons
Lot of policies for any changes
productive work
prerose au menage (Former Employee) –  At Merck in krik land30 September 2013
was a good job and was joyfull job because the timing schull was well progam
Enjoyed working for a Pharmaceutical company
Quality Control clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland19 August 2013
I worked in the Quality Control dept. of a pharmaceutical company. It was very interesting to say the least and I learnt a lot about medication and their expiration dates. Everything was checked and the database was updated frequently because of the Quality system that existed. I replaced the secretary and reported to the Director bringing her up to date on the running of the dept.

Although lunch was 30 mins there was cafeteria on site where lunch could be purchased and it was reasonably priced. I like the people and made friends with the lab technician who overseered the fabrication of medication. It was quite interesting that medication was brought to a special place in the building where it was stored and labeled for verification test after it expired.
Pros
Worked early hours and cafeteria was great to buy lunch
Great leadership and values upheld
Clinical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 July 2013
Great company to work for. Really listen to employees. Corporate Responsibility very strong.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
Long commute for me from Markham
great workplace !
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oman8 June 2013
Right working culture - a mixture of personal development with ethics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval