Merck Employee Reviews

work life balance
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC29 February 2016
great company to work for. great work/life balance. competitive salaries & benefits. the people here are polite, helpful and believe in team building. always encouraged to apply and grow with the company. managers are always available to speak with/suggestions, problem trouble shooting.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
difficult to get a permanent position
Project Manager for infectious disease studies
Senior, Clinical Research Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2015
This was my first job in Clinical Research. This was my goal as I obtained my Master`s degree in Pharmacology.
I reported to the Director of the department. The entire department of Clinical Research inspired me and reassured me of my career direction. My Director provided me with the autonomy and trust that allowed me to grow and develop leadership skills that proved to be of the essence in my career to date.
Productive and great professional development
MSL (Current Employee) –  Lisbon, ON20 September 2015
Great company to learn on the job, opportunities to work in several projects out of the functional area, with Regional Groups and several people with different backgrounds and experience.
Very pleasurable, clean environment. Highly professional coworkers, a lot to learn for a new person in Pharmaceuticals.
Drug Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada2 May 2015
Very satisfactory. Highly professional.

I have learned a lot. Very corporate. Clean, a lot of attention to health. Events related to health, life-work balance.

Precision, speed, professionalism are very common.
Pros
Often free snaks. A lot of attention to health.
Cons
Too corporate.
Company with strong ethics and integrity
ASSOCIATE SALES DIRECTOR- ONCOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada9 March 2015
Merck is largely a primary care organization and buts up internal barriers to getting things done quickly in the interest of customer value. Speed does not have to mean unethical nor wrong and the evolving competitive landscape requires adaptation which is more troublesome in a large organization.
Pros
Ethical and Makes Medicines that matter
Cons
Large and inflexible.
Amazing Work environment
Customer service/Help Desk Representatives (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 February 2013
i was always happy to wake up thinking about going to work. my co-workers were like family to me there so friendly and nice and there people you don't have to be shy to ask for help when you need it. the work environment is amazing.. you have your oven little cubical with a lot of privacy. also we had a lot of access to our resources when you need them.Management was good nothing to complain about well organized.. i learned a lot working as a help desk analyst for Merck Reps like respect and a lot of it ! i would still be working there if they wouldn't of shut down the Montreal office...
Pros
amazing people and work shifts where great!
Cons
not that much cons..only boring when it was dead
A very good experience.
Credit analyst, temporary assignment. (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, Québec.25 February 2013
Very professional environment.
I was responsible for approving and holding pharmaceutical orders refered to Credit department.
Would contact customers for delayed payments and depending on customers payment history, would either release or hold orders.
Would also verify the account receivable's status and contact delinquant customers, 60 days and over unpaid invoices, would contact customers and require reason for delay, and follow-up.
Enjoyed the people, customers and co-workers alike.
Pros
bright and opened offices, great cafeteria.
Cons
just business, could have been friendlier.
One of the best employers
Senior Health Solutions Sales Customer Innovation (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 May 2014
Highly ethical company leading in innovation outside the 'normal' realm of pharmaceuticals by embracing non-promtional relationships to further the delivery of health care to Canadians.

I am proud to say I am from Merck due to the reputation earned over 100 years by the company in helping people "Be Well"
A Classy Pharma Company that values high performers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg Mb5 January 2012
Merck has high expectations of their sale Force, strong therapeutic knowedge, strong work ethic, business savvy. They have been excellent in allowing their people plan their tactics to attain their business goals.
Pros
strong product portfolio with good science.
Cons
difficulty in bringing new medications to market.
Enjoyed working for a Pharmaceutical company
Quality Control clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland19 August 2013
I worked in the Quality Control dept. of a pharmaceutical company. It was very interesting to say the least and I learnt a lot about medication and their expiration dates. Everything was checked and the database was updated frequently because of the Quality system that existed. I replaced the secretary and reported to the Director bringing her up to date on the running of the dept.

Although lunch was 30 mins there was cafeteria on site where lunch could be purchased and it was reasonably priced. I like the people and made friends with the lab technician who overseered the fabrication of medication. It was quite interesting that medication was brought to a special place in the building where it was stored and labeled for verification test after it expired.
Pros
Worked early hours and cafeteria was great to buy lunch
Great multinational to work for
CRM, Reports and Process Trainer Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal area, Canada10 June 2014
Until early 2000 one of the best company to work for. As the business started to move in bigger centers, and in emerging markets, it become more difficult, but Merck is still a good company.
Pros
permanent contact with the clients
Cons
repetetive lay-offs changed the company culture
Very Productive and ideal company to work with
Sr. SCCM Patching Engineer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PA10 December 2013
The work is more related to engineering works for SCCM stuff like patching, infrastructure issue resolution.
The management was pretty helpful for any information.
I enjoyed the work all my tenure.
Pros
No bossism and micro management
Cons
Lot of policies for any changes
Merck Kuwait
Product specialist Kuwait / CRA Gulf (Former Employee) –  Kuwait10 February 2015
I did learn a lot in Merck
It is a great company to work for
It add to my knowledge & develop my skills in the best way.
I held a CRA position with Merck as part time in addition to my product specialist job where I conduct phase 3 & 4 trials.
good work life balance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC28 April 2015
People are professional and flexible on working hours. Great for work/life balance. A productive environment encouraging learning and career advancement.
Great science and staff, atmosphere hypercompetitive rather than cooperative
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC20 September 2012
Worked as a coop student, the science and the scientists were great. Atmosphere and culture seemed to be very competitive as opposed to cooperative.
productive
Financial Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2015
Enjoyed working in the field as I learn a lot by being there, my immediate supervisor has thought me a lot, I would recommend this company any one of my friends or family members
Great leadership and values upheld
Clinical Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 July 2013
Great company to work for. Really listen to employees. Corporate Responsibility very strong.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
Long commute for me from Markham
Excellence in knowledge based organisation
Product Disease Specialist (Former Employee) –  GTA24 April 2012
Good team work
Work-life balance
Learned to be a leader
Highest ethical values
Travel is enjoyable
Pros
reputation
Cons
individual
Top pharmaceutical company
Key Account Manager Fertility (Former Employee) –  Ontario East and Atlantic provinces30 October 2014
Over the past 12 years, I have enjoyed the opportunity to learn and grow in a variety of different roles and therapeutic areas.
Well respected pharmaceutical company
Vice President, Regional Legal Lead (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec14 March 2014
Interesting and challenging position working with European and Canadian lawyers.