Merck

Merck Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great multinational to work for
CRM, Reports and Process Trainer Manager (Former Employee), Montreal area, CanadaJune 10, 2014
Pros: permanent contact with the clients
Cons: repetetive lay-offs changed the company culture
Until early 2000 one of the best company to work for. As the business started to move in bigger centers, and in emerging markets, it become more difficult, but Merck is still a good company.
One of the best employers
Senior Health Solutions Sales Customer Innovation (Current Employee), OntarioMay 11, 2014
Highly ethical company leading in innovation outside the 'normal' realm of pharmaceuticals by embracing non-promtional relationships to further the delivery of health care to Canadians.

I am proud to say I am from Merck due to the reputation earned over 100 years by the company in helping people "Be Well"
Typical Day !!!
Medical Representative (Current Employee), Rawalpindi, 4800February 15, 2014
Pros: frequently
Cons: no
Well i hve one typical day on working thtas was the day wheen its july here nd the record of warm wether brokes by 30 yearas record of warm wether nd m on field to visit doctors my body sweating, i become tired much and got no chance for rest in shelters so ihve to face many things like weather my management my seniors my work nd customers(doctors) – more... but i handle that day in last – less
productive work
prerose au menage (Former Employee), At Merck in krik landSeptember 30, 2013
was a good job and was joyfull job because the timing schull was well progam
great workplace !
Product Specialist (Former Employee), OmanJune 8, 2013
Right working culture - a mixture of personal development with ethics.
Amazing Work environment
Customer service/Help Desk Representatives (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: amazing people and work shifts where great!
Cons: not that much cons..only boring when it was dead
i was always happy to wake up thinking about going to work. my co-workers were like family to me there so friendly and nice and there people you don't have to be shy to ask for help when you need it. the work environment is amazing.. you have your oven little cubical with a lot of privacy. also we had a lot of access to our resources when you need them.Management – more... was good nothing to complain about well organized.. i learned a lot working as a help desk analyst for Merck Reps like respect and a lot of it ! i would still be working there if they wouldn't of shut down the Montreal office... – less
Very dynamic work place
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Saudi arabiaJanuary 9, 2013
• Research, collate and analyze local and regional health economic information to support the development of the business and the profit plans for Merck's products by positively contributing and advising the marketing and sales plans.
Public Accountant with more than 20 years of experience in transnational corporations such as Merck, Tax Consultants, Multivalores, American Express,
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), calle 5 No. 7 Col. Alce Blanco Edo. MexicoJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: above the law benefits
Cons: when the managments change, always change the personal
A normal day would be: answer phone calls, fligth applications, Send matiral to Sales force(visit medical o events) at different points of the Mexican Republic, payment to fees to doctors and completions of reports acording to the requirements of the Regional Management.

I learned:
• Planning, development and control of distribution of promotional – more... material and samples.
• Support administrative and operational of Regional Management, District Managers and
Sales Representatives.
• Management and administration of the sales force events.
• Ability and availability in the solution of problems with internal or external customers.
• Control and administration of payments to suppliers.
• Development and Logistics training courses.
• Ability to analyze, focus to detail, performing quality work in a timely manner.
• Participation in proactive work teams and continuous
learning skills.
• Experience of several years in the accounting department performing various functions, bank reconciliations, suppliers, brokers, inventory control, policy development, systematization of processes.

I've never had any problem with my co workers alwayas adapting to work as a team.

The most harder thing was alwayas try to search the perfection of my work.

The most enjoyable thing was always giving my work in time and form. and always with a possitive actitude – less
Great Place to Work, a unique experience
Senior Controller/ Chief accountant (Former Employee), Minsk, BelarusDecember 9, 2012
With such jobs do not go away, but I had to because of the change of residence. Very pleasant staff, management at the highest level. Attention to staff and regular benefits. I got a stupendous experience in both national accounting and international financial reporting standards. Regular travel and contacts with foreign colleagues contributed to the – more... development potential in the professional sphere. – less
Excellence in knowledge based organisation
Product Disease Specialist (Former Employee), GTAApril 24, 2012
Pros: reputation
Cons: individual
Good team work
Specialised in Women"s health and CNS
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto EastApril 17, 2012
Cricket

Seven President Club Awards, numerous product quarterly awards
Advanced work environment that provides excellent learning experience
Associate Director (Former Employee), West PointJuly 21, 2014
Pros: technical challenges
Cons: lower than expected compensation
Great company to work in as an engineer as it provides many opportunities to learn and be challenged.
Great place to start career
Integrated Process Team - Engineer Specialist (Current Employee), durham, ncJuly 20, 2014
Merck is a great place to start a career. The company is very big and has many support groups with talented professionals who can help you learn the basics of the industry.
Not a bad company
Associate Director of Sales (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good salary/benefits
Cons: changing culture for the negative
Merck is changing it's culture, processes and priorities along with the Healthcare industry.
Not same place anymore
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Rahway, NJJuly 14, 2014
Typical day will consist of lot of meetings
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: No growth opportunity
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY:
Associate Director, Customer Strategy and Insights (Current Employee), Upper Gwynedd, PAJuly 14, 2014
Proactive, results-oriented pharmaceutical market researcher with proven track record as a strategic partner and internal consultant to brand marketing and managed care teams across the product lifecycle.
Part time job
Química (Former Employee), Manatí PRJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the job schedule was from mondays to fridays with weekends off.
Cons: it was a shift change job (6am, 2pm, 10pm)
Began shift receiving, inspection of the area and mix the product. I learned responsibilities, safety procedures, read labels and hazmat materials handling. wasn't involve with my co workers due to my age at that time, I was to young and they did not involve me in their activities.
Great mission; going through transition
Director, Sterile and Validation COE (Former Employee), West Point, PAJuly 13, 2014
Great mission
Good colleagues
Going through significant transition
Average pharma job
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee), MidwestJuly 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: micro managed & bad culture
Management not trustworthy. Even though the company says there is a safe to speak up environment. Do not believe it! Had some great managers and had some non professional ones. Great managers = great culture, Bad managers = poor culture.
enjoyed my time there
Executive & Multi-Specialty Vaccine Representative (Current Employee), West TexasJuly 10, 2014
Pros: manageable territories
Cons: not stable for the lasst 7 years. layoffs every couple of years
culture is the same as any mega pharma company

the company had moved away from paying for performance but I think they understand now that we are a salesforce and money motivates and promotes more selling!

1 2 3 4 5

About Merck

Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical – Read more