Merck

Merck Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
One of the best employers
Senior Health Solutions Sales Customer Innovation (Current Employee), OntarioMay 11, 2014
Highly ethical company leading in innovation outside the 'normal' realm of pharmaceuticals by embracing non-promtional relationships to further the delivery of health care to Canadians.

I am proud to say I am from Merck due to the reputation earned over 100 years by the company in helping people "Be Well"
Amazing Work environment
Customer service/Help Desk Representatives (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: amazing people and work shifts where great!
Cons: not that much cons..only boring when it was dead
i was always happy to wake up thinking about going to work. my co-workers were like family to me there so friendly and nice and there people you don't have to be shy to ask for help when you need it. the work environment is amazing.. you have your oven little cubical with a lot of privacy. also we had a lot of access to our resources when you need them.Management – more... was good nothing to complain about well organized.. i learned a lot working as a help desk analyst for Merck Reps like respect and a lot of it ! i would still be working there if they wouldn't of shut down the Montreal office... – less
Excellence in knowledge based organisation
Product Disease Specialist (Former Employee), GTAApril 24, 2012
Pros: reputation
Cons: individual
Good team work
Cricket

Seven President Club Awards, numerous product quarterly awards
Review
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Upper QwyneddMarch 11, 2012
 Design files for print while maintaining the integrity of the content art, design and brand.
 Layout, design and reformat graphic files to print specifications, customer requirements, print limitations and government regulations.
A Classy Pharma Company that values high performers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg MbJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: strong product portfolio with good science.
Cons: difficulty in bringing new medications to market.
Merck has high expectations of their sale Force, strong therapeutic knowedge, strong work ethic, business savvy. They have been excellent in allowing their people plan their tactics to attain their business goals.
Great place to grow and learn from very talented individuals
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: opportunity to build strong relationships with advocates and kol
Cons: limited time with hcps to extend face to face interactions, was a challenge because of their patient load
I enjoyed the opportunity to use my creativity to build strong relationships with my customer base and their staff through consistent and effective territory management. I would take technical information and convey it into practical education for HCPs and their staff. I managed my territory as a small business and I practiced corporate stewardship – more... in conducting discussions during lunches or dinner.
As primary touch points, my team and I worked to collaborate and coordinate our efforts and resources to exhibit a streamlined approach to our activities. Our customers appreciated our coordinated approach and we were viewed as valuable assets during our scientific interactions.
My most memorable and enjoyable moments were during lunches or joint appointments with my team. We would play off of each other’s discussion. Often we would begin with a patient profile that was common to each product being marketed and though it seemed rehearsed we conducted credible discussions and there was a natural flow, utilizing a customer-focused approach.
I found it challenging when HCPs had dedicated time slots and often times could not be seen because of their patient load. Although, I have relationships with the HCPs but due to the volume of patients - choices have to be made on the physician's part in order to meet his/her patients needs.
I implemented a work around to this issue by trying every possible way to keep my product top of mind. Upon meeting with the HCPs during subsequent meetings, I mentioned their dedication to their patients. Often times they drive the dialogue by sharing patient cases and I in turn ask questions based on their responses. We come to some kind of action that resonates their patient concerns and requires a change in their Rxing behavior, which occurs over the course of several interactions.
I took pride in selling for a company that is considered a leader in the pharmaceutical industry with the therapeutics that were either first in class or best in class. – less
A great place to work
Process Technician/Decon Supervisor (Current Employee), Durham NCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: days off thur the week
Cons: long hours of work days 12hrs shifts
•Attends Shop floor QA audits
• Provide process support for upstream and downstream production
•Creates and Manages controlled documents
•Point person and for GMP documentation
•Managed new effective SOP's and the replacement of SOP's in shop floor binders
•Performed routine audits to ensure that all SOPs versions and documents are updated
Good job, but the company could be so much more.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), New OrleansAugust 15, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: bonus structure needs sharp revamping.
The company did many nice things. There are however too many layoffs in the industry as a whole.
A culture that was driven to succeed
Executive Customer Representative (Former Employee), Whitehouse Station, NJAugust 15, 2014
A typical day began with pre-call planning using data to determine a strategy.
Using the strategy to have persuasive discussions with customers
Closing the call or determining next steps.
Sharing pertinent information with my team
Love the interactions with each person involved in the office.
Results driven environment focus of drug discovery
Associate director learning and development (Current Employee), Rahway, NJAugust 13, 2014
Pros: flexible work arrangements, benefits
Cons: work can prevent personal development at times
Managing a multi-site team can have some challenges and on any given day 1/2 the team is remote but being able to influence greatness for a team member is very rewarding.
Productive and learning environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rahway, Summit & KenilworthAugust 8, 2014
A typical day at work varied from day-to-day. I learned many software applications etc., as it would pertain to department needs. I enjoyed collaborating with management and co-workers from different backgrounds as we met for the common goals of the Company. My co-workers were resourceful as well as team players that assisted whenever possible to get – more... tasks done. The hardest part of the job was being flexible enough to support various other departments while maintaining primary responsibilities. – less
Everyday was a different experience
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kenilworth, NJAugust 7, 2014
I enjoyed working for Merck (Legacy Schering-Plough), I felt that everyday was a productive day as I completed projects and assignments. I enjoyed attending monthly staff meetings with included all levels of managements which allowed me to be prepared for upcoming events.
Merck & Co. Administrative Assistant Corporate Licensing
Executive Admin - Supply Chain (Former Employee), Whitehouse Station, New Jersey 08889August 6, 2014
Pros: challenging and rewarding
This was my favorite job of my working career at Merck from 1999 to 2012. Merck was always challenging and rewarding. My days were filled with the following:

• Created a welcome and notable atmosphere when interacting with outside groups and organizations
• Managed the preparation and logistics for licensing negotiation meetings
• Domestic and international – more... meeting planning with VIP participants
• Arranged extensive and comprehensive travel itineraries
• Country visa process including visa-on-demand and adding passport pages
• Inclusive SAP expense reporting
• Managed executive calendars
• Earned Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate
• Supervised departmental administrative functions and deadlines, including training, and updates to corporate policies
• HR responsibilities for the department
• Post open positions to career Links, manage interview and hiring schedules
• Maintained team sites - first through e-rooms, then with SharePoint
• Awarded top performer status for twelve consecutive years
• Finance Division SAP Expense Report Champion in 2010 – less
good work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 3, 2014
sorting packages and moving product around, and shipping product.
Good place to work going through tough times
Director, Information Technology (Current Employee), West Point, PAAugust 1, 2014
For the most part, the job is very rewarding. The company vision and mission is outstanding. Unfortunately as the pharmaceutical industry and Merck and under such tight financial pressures, career advancement has been put on the back burner and opportunities to grow are very limited.
Merck is a great company to work for
AA II / Senior Procurement Associate (Former Employee), Whitehouse Station, NJAugust 1, 2014
Pros: large company; good benefits; opportunity to learn new preocesses
Cons: work life balance was hard due to work overload due to staff reduction"
my experience at Merck has been a good experience, learned thing i never thought I would have learned before.”
Merck has an excellent culture.
Early Clinical Scientist (Current Employee), Upper Gwynedd, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: if you are an employee you can work 3 days a week from home.
Cons: the pay is not as high as other major pharma companies.
I worked on Merck programs when I was a trial specialist with PRA and really liked their work environment. I am currently contracting in phase 1 which I really like. The people are great to work with and the company as a whole makes work-life compatibility a priority.
Highly talented workforce.
Associate Director, Sales-Customer Team Leader (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 29, 2014
Pros: ethical culture
Cons: shrinking industry
Great people and great products. Company is committed to work-life balance. Company fosters strong ethical environment and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Solid Reputation and Competitive Beneifts
Associate Director, Sales (Former Employee), Whitehouse Station, NJJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: evening work
Great people in the sales force who are truly focused on delivering upon the needs of the customer.

1 2 3 4 5