Merck

Merck Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
One of the best employers
Senior Health Solutions Sales Customer Innovation (Current Employee), OntarioMay 11, 2014
Highly ethical company leading in innovation outside the 'normal' realm of pharmaceuticals by embracing non-promtional relationships to further the delivery of health care to Canadians.

I am proud to say I am from Merck due to the reputation earned over 100 years by the company in helping people "Be Well"
productive work
prerose au menage (Former Employee), At Merck in krik landSeptember 30, 2013
was a good job and was joyfull job because the timing schull was well progam
great workplace !
Product Specialist (Former Employee), OmanJune 8, 2013
Right working culture - a mixture of personal development with ethics.
Amazing Work environment
Customer service/Help Desk Representatives (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: amazing people and work shifts where great!
Cons: not that much cons..only boring when it was dead
i was always happy to wake up thinking about going to work. my co-workers were like family to me there so friendly and nice and there people you don't have to be shy to ask for help when you need it. the work environment is amazing.. you have your oven little cubical with a lot of privacy. also we had a lot of access to our resources when you need them.Management – more... was good nothing to complain about well organized.. i learned a lot working as a help desk analyst for Merck Reps like respect and a lot of it ! i would still be working there if they wouldn't of shut down the Montreal office... – less
Excellence in knowledge based organisation
Product Disease Specialist (Former Employee), GTAApril 24, 2012
Pros: reputation
Cons: individual
Good team work
Cricket

Seven President Club Awards, numerous product quarterly awards
A Classy Pharma Company that values high performers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg MbJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: strong product portfolio with good science.
Cons: difficulty in bringing new medications to market.
Merck has high expectations of their sale Force, strong therapeutic knowedge, strong work ethic, business savvy. They have been excellent in allowing their people plan their tactics to attain their business goals.
Senior Specialist, Business Analysis (Former Employee), Beijing, ChinaSeptember 17, 2014
Positive company culture, collaborative teamwork, easy-going folks, lots of personal development opportunities
The life of merck
Pharmaceutical operator (Current Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
I enjoy my job, right now I am a temporary employee but a day to day is pretty normal go to work do what is asked of me an get my job done, try an learn as much as I can on new things that do arise.
Great manufacturing company.
Pharmaceutical Operator (Former Employee), PRSeptember 16, 2014
I worked in different areas of the company. In overall, I liked so much this company. I growed with them and made a lot of good friendship with my co-workers. Although, the job wasn't easy, we had the tools to deal with it.
Internship
HR Consultant Trainee (Former Employee), LisbonSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good team environment
Cons: internship
As an HR trainee I was able to understand how all the department accross a company work and decide how I want to develop my career
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee), Lansdale, PASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: long commute
Great place to work. Exposure to many people with diverse backgrounds. Good collaborative team spirit.
Great place to get experience for the pharmecitucal feild.
Bio-process Technician (Current Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 14, 2014
Thaw out material for processing.
Do set for the next shift.
Process materials for virus.
Opportunity to develop my own schedule,work independently, and encourqagement to innovate
Knoll /Merck Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), NC,SC and GASeptember 13, 2014
Great opportunity to use self-motivation and to be rewarded for such.
Nice place to work
Safety Spotter-heavy equipment (Former Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: cgmp exposure
Cons: short term contract
This was a great place to get cGMP experience. I was introduced to gowning in a clean room environment, working along side pharmaceutical techs. I worked with engineering to renovate and complete internal projects.
I enjoyed the team of professionals I worked with everyday.
Professional Business Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VASeptember 10, 2014
Marck had an excellent reputation that allowed me to speak to many healthcare professionals to promote excellent products.
Good company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Whitehouse Station, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Good company with great benefits at the time. I learned a lot of Pharma industry knowledge
MERCK is focused in Commercialization.
Operations Projects Manager (Former Employee), PRSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: compliance
Cons: turnover
SCHERING-PLOUGH, LLC became MERCK in year 2010. The culture and philosophy were completely different, but the excellent Team of employees was able to catch up and adapt fairly quickly.
Good company
Supervisor (Former Employee), West Point, PASeptember 8, 2014
Proactive in compliance, work life balance, corporate culture. Several lay-off at West Point facility, but usually good job security.
Busy environment with little training or direction provided
Procurement Specialist Merck Millipore (Former Employee), Cork, CSeptember 8, 2014
Millipore were recently taken over by Merck of Darmstadt Germany. The influence of the parent company is now becoming very evident and a lot of autonomy has been reomved from the palnt and is now directed by Germany. Busy environment with a major focus on systems and there is a lot of duplication of work in other words reporting the same information – more... in several different ways. Very little direction given locally – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Merck

Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical – Read more