Mercer

Mercer Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's a good place for work
Sourcing Specialist ,Talent Acquisition I COE (Current Employee), Noida, UPMarch 29, 2014
Pros: cabs and lunch
Cons: 8
Here every day is a new day, you are going to learn new things every day.. working environment is good.
High pressure
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), GurgaonMarch 22, 2014
Pros: cab facility
Cons: hectic
-generally hectic, high volumes
-learned to manage work within in the time and to tackle high volumes
-learned to adapt myself into a hectic and pressured working environment.
Unique high pressured environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: stressful, with over worked employees with very little assistance.
Cons: lack of reward for a job well done.
I learned the more you achieve, more is expected of you. Management tends to take all credit for jobs done well, but accepts no responsibility for failures.

Co-works are very supportive of each other out of a desire to achieve the best results.
Corportate setting with good benefits and friendly people
Senior Financial Analyst, Internal Control (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, suburban setting, free parking, 1 floor
I enjoyed working at Mercer. The people are friendly and have a great attitude at work. I recommend Mercer as a place of employment.
Promising and fun place to work
contractor (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: temp job
Great temp job to help build skills for a business and administrative career
Decent place to work, better if you are in leadership
Analyst (Current Employee), USAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Day-to-day is pretty good. Look out for education, they say they will pay, but deny when you get in the door. Same for certifications unless you need them by regulation.
Great job, if you can handle it
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 6, 2014
I'd like to start by saying those that say there's no room for growth are wrong. There are MANY opportunities to grow, but you have to work for it, show interest, and be doing well at the job. The co workers are the best, a lot of friends can be made, and there's always someone there to help. That being said the job itself can be tough you are taking – more... inbound calls all day, and are literally attached to your desk. BUT the skills you learn, and information learned is outstanding. I learned about health and benefits and leave of abscenses, and am now working in HR. SO if you can handle long hours, (because there's lot of OT potential!) then you'll be fine. There is a high turn over rate, but that doesn't mean it will be you. I value my time there. – less
Appreciate efforts of making a pleasant work environment, eg, ping pong table
Benefits Analyst/Technical Expert (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2014
There is more work than people. Everyone wears every hat and therefore, it's tought to have a distinct path for growth. Workplace and co-workers are wonderful. Benefits are great.
The Coworkers are great but management is not
PARTICIPANT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Norwood, MAFebruary 15, 2014
The expectations are extremely high and there is a lot of employee turn around with this company.
Team work
Client Service Analyst (Current Employee), Norwood, MAFebruary 13, 2014
I work closely with 8 clients on a daily basis to help them adnminister there companies 401k plan. I work with a team of knowledgable, dedicated and experienced co workers. We work together on a daily basis to complete tasks in a timely manner for all clients. The best part of my job is knowing that I have a team of co workers that I can rely on to – more... help me with any tasks that may arise. – less
Very good people to work with
Sr. Clinical Consultant, Principal (Current Employee), Morristown, NJFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great people
Cons: no stock options, billable hrs
My role gave me the opportunity to see a 360 view of the pharmacy benefit market. That experience is priceless and gave me another demension in my expertise.
Productive and Good Place to work
Implementation (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Mercer is a laid back place to work that let you work at your pace but they do expect work to get done on time. All my co-workers have been very helpful.
Health Coordinator, Administrator, Management
Health & Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Great team management and work environment to be working in. It was a Team
Productive and fun work environtment.
Benefits Adviser (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: no proper training and vary little time for adjustment.
A typical day at Mercer would consist of 10-120 calls per day. Pension or Health and welfare calls. I learned about both pension benefits and health benefits. The management team was vary helpful at times and vary unhelpful but over all great team to work with. Co-workers were vary helpful in the learning and development and knowledge that it took to – more... take these type of call specially with vary little knowledge on the subject being discussed. The hardest part of the job was to adjust to the different specifications to each individual client with outh proper training on how to handle and take the calls. The most enjoyable part of the day was the great fun and enthusiastic co-workers and team spirit that was given by all of the reps and some of the management team. – less
No room for growth
Client Analyst (Former Employee), Norwood, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Mercer does not provide room for growth. They also expect you to work 70+ hours a week.
An administrator for health and benefits
PSR (Former Employee), Houston TXJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: no communication
Good work enviroment Mostly female co workers. Very busy days.
Management is as good as the manager. Mostly temp employees at every level.
I learned the process for PSR. Agent desktop program for admin.
Hardest part of the job is sitting for long periods without breaks on the phone. The people I met and worked with were the best part of this job.
Solid Firm
Principal and U.S. Sales Leader (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaJanuary 6, 2014
Mercer is a solid consulting firm with solid talent. Balance can be hard to find depending on what practice you work in. Management has changed over quite a bit, which has lead to a diverse bundle of initiatives. Some are good, some are bad. Generally, the team is very client focused and does the right thing for clients. Internal politics are not untenable.
Great starter position, not for experienced employees
HR Benefit Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TX.January 4, 2014
Pros: the benefits were great
Cons: the pay doesn't meet the fair market price for the work you will be doing.
At Mercer I did learn a lot of valuable information about benefits. The learning experience was great. There wasn't any room for advancement in the company. Whatever position you were hired in at that is generally where you will stay. They don't hire from within, they hire from the outside to fill open positions and mostly temps. When they did hire – more... the new temps they would bring them in making more money than the people who had been there longer. The raises they offer are really small and they tell you its the business not doing so well, however, you continually receive emails saying they are always adding million dollar accounts but not enough to properly pay the employees. The management was good depending on the area you are hired in. This is a good starter job to break into the benefits world, but to stay for many years you will be wasting your time. I have seen a lot of great employees come and go because there wasn't room for advancement and the money rarely increased regardless of how well you did your job, came in on time, no write ups or take on extra projects. The response was always the same. – less
Not a good pay master
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRDecember 29, 2013
A decent company to start your career, work culture is good but the learning is very limited. Monotonous work you have to perform daily. No challenges
Global and very successful company
Pensions Administrator - Support (Current Employee), Croydon, ENGDecember 28, 2013
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: imminent change to a dc pension scheme for staff
I work in outsourcing and we provide the pension service for a Tier 1 client. However, I wish to step away from the industry. If it's a career in pensions administration you are after, Mercer is a market leader and the place to be.