Mercer

Mercer Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
H&B Supervisor/ Senior PSR
H&B Supervisor/ Sr. PSR (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 7, 2014
Manage direct reports in the following capacity: Monitor calls for quality, provide performance coaching and feedback; Track attendance and performance of team and individuals; Assign work to team members and peer review; Provide input into performance management; Manage the queue of calls to ensure service levels are maintained Recognize, evaluate – more... and identify areas for improvements. Resolve participant escalations/issues without further escalation by providing superior customer service and advance problem solving skills. Provide input on hiring, team meetings. Conduct new hire on-board training, interview candidates for the Call Center Representative role, participate in cross-site meetings to improve communications and efficiencies, promote employee recognition programs, act as a point of contact for a small portfolio of clients and conduct weekly team meetings. Proficient in call center management for two of the following LOB: Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, and Health & Welfare Outsourcing business. Prepare agendas and lead team meetings.
Prepare weekly statistics reports for multiple client meetings. – less
Outsourcing company
Client and Participant Services Manager (Former Employee), Norwood, MAJune 5, 2014
Pros: company can provide bundled benefits to client
Cons: no indept knowledge on db plans
Good outsourcing company with limited people with experience in the Defined Benefit field. Company attempts to hire experienced analyst but, company pays does not support the positions. Company can provide bundled benefits to client (absence management, defined benefits, defined contributions and Health & welfare plans).
Proffesional company
facilities management (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 4, 2014
A great professional company to work for, sets very high standards and delivers every time
Mercer Retirement Outsourcing
CLIENT SERVICES / PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 2, 2014
Mercer Retirement Outsourcing is a place to work if you like administering retirement benefits.
Easy going environment
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
Great temporary employment. Intensive training and broadens skill set. There's not much room for growth.
Benefits Rep
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 21, 2014
Enrolling employee's into benefits. Processing 401K payments
Intern
Defined Benefits Intern (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMay 18, 2014
Great summer internship program for college students. Great learning experience and resume builder.
Good place to quickly learn a full spectrum of talent management ares
Senior Associate in Talent Practice (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 9, 2014
Mercer provides a great opportunity to be exposed to all sorts of talent management and rewards projects.

On the other hand it does not offer a SME / expert track forcing everyone into selling and business development.
Decent workplace
Client Services Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2014
Mercer is a good place to begin a career, but vertical growth seems limited.
Great company - company too infastructured
Admim. Assistant to Sr. Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 23, 2014
Pros: great job & boss
Cons: clickey employees
When I was hired, I was supposed to be trained on all parts of job. 2 other admins were supposed to show me all aspects of computer files but they never did. When I was asked to create any document, all it took was to update previous document on a particular document on file in a specific drive that I was never shown. Was always getting in trouble for – more... not producing it in time. 2 admins produced document quickly & pretty much embarrassed me several times. Finally asked my boss about it & she showed me their files & let me use her access & I was producing documents quickly. 2 admins were shocked & 1 was mean to me in several ways. I started looking for another job that day & left in 2 weeks. – less
Provided quality training in Defined Benefits and Health Benefits Administration
contractor (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 23, 2014
Inbound Call Center experience with heavy work load during Open Enrollment period. The job offers minimal job security and advancements.
blah
Open Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Vernon hills ilApril 15, 2014
its ok, gotta be careful about how they word things. I did not appriciate being told one thing then being judged by another
Fast pace and productive environment
CLIENT SERVICE ANALYST (Former Employee), Norwood, MAApril 13, 2014
Pros: casual dress
Cons: work life balance can suffer at times due to long work hours
This is a good company to work for, it is a parent company of MMC. The culture is good overall and the people are really good there as well.
productive and great place to work
Actuarial Intern, HR Consulting Company (Current Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaApril 10, 2014
excellent work environment. very friendly managers.
free lunch
free pickup and drop off for every employee
3 different work shifts.
excellent place to learn
standard office work
Participant Services Representative (Current Employee), Norwood, MAApril 8, 2014
alright job learn allot about benefits, as well as basic 401k benefits.
work life
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2014
I learned so much at this company. Great benefits, and there is some room for growth.
It's a good place for work
Sourcing Specialist ,Talent Acquisition I COE (Current Employee), Noida, UPMarch 29, 2014
Pros: cabs and lunch
Cons: 8
Here every day is a new day, you are going to learn new things every day.. working environment is good.
High pressure
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), GurgaonMarch 22, 2014
Pros: cab facility
Cons: hectic
-generally hectic, high volumes
-learned to manage work within in the time and to tackle high volumes
-learned to adapt myself into a hectic and pressured working environment.
Unique high pressured environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: stressful, with over worked employees with very little assistance.
Cons: lack of reward for a job well done.
I learned the more you achieve, more is expected of you. Management tends to take all credit for jobs done well, but accepts no responsibility for failures.

Co-works are very supportive of each other out of a desire to achieve the best results.
Corportate setting with good benefits and friendly people
Senior Financial Analyst, Internal Control (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, suburban setting, free parking, 1 floor
I enjoyed working at Mercer. The people are friendly and have a great attitude at work. I recommend Mercer as a place of employment.