Mercer

Mercer Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace work enviroment
Participant Services (Current Employee), Norwood, MAOctober 27, 2014
I enjoyed working Mercer. It is a fast pace environment so you have to be able to multi task and be able to do a few things at once. If you are able to do that then the job comes naturally to you.
The hardest part of the job is really not stressing yourself out over not able to help everyone that may need it. You always want to help everyone to the – more... best of your ability but sadly, you may not always be able too.
My colleagues are great and its wonderful to meet all the people you do by working here. – less
Great place to work, Great culture, Smart individuals
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTOctober 21, 2014
I worked for Mercer for over a year and really enjoyed working there. Great environment surrounded by the smartest people in the field. Decided to look elsewhere in a different industry however this is one of the best places to start if interested in the financial side of Rx. Mercer preaches horizontal mobility and potential of working across LOB's – more... however I saw otherwise. Great company would definitely be interested in coming back. – less
Productive and a fun place to work
Client Service Administrator (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILOctober 11, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
Cons: the companies technology was a little antiquated.
I truly enjoyed working for Mercer. The working environment was fast-pace, challenging, and fun.
Quiet, too many team leads that can't answer questions. Not much advancement.
Contractor, Benefits and Administrations Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TxOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good incentatives such as free lunch
Cons: when a call has been escalated, no one wanted to answer.
Working for this company has great pay and good benefits. There are too many temps working and not being advanced to permenant employment. The hardest thing about this job is working several clients and trying to remember which information belongs to which client.
Process Developer (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HROctober 8, 2014
 Role involves deep analysis, understanding & audit of financial and HR related documents (like Direct Deposit, time card, salary adjustment, transfer, personal data change, etc)and their processing.
 Auditing of processed document so that it is correctly reflected in people soft and in case of discrepancy, communicating with the on shore team.
 – more... Enter data in Peoplesoft for those candidates who have been hired successfully.
 Create Offer Letter for candidates.
 Create requisitions againsat various opening in Taleo.
 Update and make changes in Taleo regarding candidates offer information.
 Electronic filing the various offer document for candidates who have been hired.
 Send on-boarding and welcome letters to candidates who have been hired
 Submit and monitor background check and reference check for candidates.
 Reviewing work done by the processors, managing MIS reports. – less
Learned alot obout Benefits, but passed up on a lot of advancement
Pension & Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good learning enviornment
Cons: did not take up for its employees, frustrating
I learned about Benefits, health, vision, dental, 401k plans and retirement. The hardest part of the job for me, was the way customers treated us on the phone. They cursed us, called us ugly names and company did nothing about it.
Work hard, play hard
National Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fun morale-boosting events
Cons: more emphasis on career development for direct reports
An outstanding group of professionals with a heart for healthcare - high expectations, but that should be the case.
Great team atmosphere - made a lot of lifelong friends there
Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 23, 2014
It was weird. Go to a temp position and management was wicked.
So was Mercer Staffing. They were totaly against you.
Good starting job
Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2014
They taught me a lot about the benefits world and allowed me to learn a lot about retirement plans. I also was able to build calculators using excel tools and was taught how to manipulate data within access to better read the populations. Very little room for advancement unless you stay a long time.
A good company
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 15, 2014
A good company to work for. They can provide you with excellent training in retirement and health and benefits.
Lonely work, but very rewarding.
OWNER/OPERATOR (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2014
Driving cross country and hauling loads from one state to another. I had no coworkers, but I enjoyed traveling and seeing the country while making sure people get their goods.
Big company with smart people.
Director (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
Consulting environment is a great place to grow your career. Good benefits and opportunity.
n/a
Participant Services Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
• Directly interacted with Mercer's plan participants via phone to provide educational information regarding their healthcare benefits provided by AIG's health insurance company.
• Managed incoming calls from plan participants to provide retirement, healthcare, or absence management plan information.
• Additional duties included processing healthcare – more... advantage plan applications, resolving claim issues and creating data reports for plan participants during open enrollment periods. – less
Professional work place,
Pension Consultant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2014
Good work for a pension consultant, busy all the time, and professional working environment. Would recommend.
Poor Compensation and Overpriced Benefits
Client Services Analyst II (Current Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: people work with on day - to - day basis
Cons: upper level management and human resource department
The company does not invest in their employees or technology. Their only focus is profit. They are trying to gloss over this by doing all these projects to improve employee morale but it does not help when they are still penny pinching on pay and benefits.
Massive company
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 3, 2014
Very big company with great training but high turnover. You meet great people but they move on faster than you do as well.
Good company and great benefits
Senior Client Analyst III (Current Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: competitive pay
Good environment and good management. Diversity is encouraged. Lateral moves are limited and not a lot of options for role promotions.
Work hard play hard
Team Manager (Former Employee), Croydon, ENGJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: being made redundant
I was with Mercer ( formerly Noble Lowndes and Sedgwick) for 36 years and enjoyed my time there enormously.

Progression through the various roles was laid out well. Key tasks were always set and training sessions held to make those tasks achievable.

As I progressed I took on more management tasks which I enjoyed and was a point of reference for others – more... as my technical knowledge was considered to be very sound – less
Office
Work Experience (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGJuly 8, 2014
Spent time sorting out expenses claims, filing and doing the payroll using IT skills.
Call center job
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
A typicial day with Mercer was to answer the phones, and not be updated on changes until the last minute. The management were totally clueless to the clients we worked for which made it really hard. I enjoy my co workers because we all help each other when need be. The most enjoyable part of this job are my peers.