Mercer Employee Reviews

Maison Mercer Night Club
Busser/Barback (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
Typical day at work involved prepping the nightclub for their weekly events. Tasks include: filling all the juice mixers, unloading and storing all alcohol deliveries, maintaining a standard of work cleanliness, assisting bottle service staff with their customers' tables, cleaning the insides and outside of the venue after each event.

Hardest part of the job was adjusting to the long hours, shifts usually ended around 5am.
Pros
long break between 10pm-11pm
Cons
Long overnight hours
Senior Analysts (Current Employee) –  Greater Noida.U.P, India6 February 2017
Provides a good environment to work with and a lot of opportunities to learn and enhance your knowledge through online training and live sessions. And moreover always invest in employees by encouraging them to do professional courses like CFA.
A wonderful company but misses the mark on so many levels
Associate - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 December 2016
It is a great organization but very much centered on Financial management. As a result a lot of the knowledge, expertise and skills of people are missed and lot end up exeting for better jobs.
You win a lot by joining Mercer but be ready to have a dollar sign on your head that will guide anything you do
Cons
complete lack of career progression or career plans
No advancement
Bilingual Pension Plan and Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2016
Favoritism, no advancement, little training and little pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the employees, the co-workers.
Pros
Barely any calls come in, located downtown
Cons
Favoritism, no advancement, little training and little pay.
Excellente culture d'entreprise
MERCER CONSULTATION EN RESSOURCES HUMAINES (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2016
Possibilité d'avancement latéral ou hiérarchique
Beaucoup d'ouverture
Beaucoup de renforcement positif
Personnes très exigeantes, autant pour elles-mêmes que pour les membres de leurs équipes
Collaborateurs ouverts et communicatifs, n'hésitant pas à clarifier les mandats autant de fois que nécessaire

Aspect agréable : malgré la grosseur de l'entreprise, beaucoup d'informations qui circulent à tous les échelons. On est donc toujours informés.

Aspect difficile : les échéances de toute dernière minute qui sont parfois très difficiles à gérer, car elles surviennent très très souvent.
Pros
Bonne Culture d'entreprise
Cons
Beaucoup de tâches "dernière minute"
Great Company
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
-Great company to work with
-Talented and Smart people works in the company
-Balance work Life
-Good Location
-Goof benefits
wall street life style, hard work
Lead Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2015
A well organized company with a fast paced working environment, with top of line professional business peoples, in financial district of downtown Toronto.
Good Company to work with
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto19 September 2015
People are friendly and open. There's room to move laterally and vertically if you're a good fit. Retirement benefit is almost unparalleled.
Everyday is a day of learning new things and ideas and new process
- Management always support professional growth
It was the best job I had during my career. Interesting work, great colleagues, a terrific boss.
Canadian Sales Leader - Group Health and Benefits (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2015
I was head of professional services sales for the group benefits business.

I worked with well educated, dedicated individuals who relied on me to teach and coach them on developing business with their client base.

I had a great boss who I got along with very well.

I was at Mercer for 10 years and leaned about selling professional services and client management.

The hardest part of the job was the - relatively rare - instance where we lost clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with clients, some of which became friendships which transcended the work environment.
Cool environment. Work/Life balance is good.
Database Administrator Lead (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON12 April 2015
Company is good to stay. Not much work pressure..... Management is not much supportive. If your manager is good then all will be good.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes weekends oncall work
Excellent
Human Resource Generalist and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On16 March 2015
Learned a lot while working at Mercer, Great staff. Unfortunately. laid off. During my tenure I have gained enormous knowledge and expertise in the Human Resources filed.
friendly and energetic atmosphere
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2015
One of the reasons I enjoy this type of job is because you're always doing different things. You also move around a lot and get to know everyone. I think it's good to have an idea of everyone's attitudes and personalities.
Pros
friendly and energetic atmosphere
Cons
work load wasn't evenly distributed
Great place to work, if you showed initiative, you could progress up the ladder.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On11 February 2015
Preparing quotes for renewal or new coverage
Dealing with clients on the phone or in a face to face situation
Interacting with peers and insurance carriers we dealt with
A collegial environment
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario4 February 2015
MERCER is one of the top international companies specialising in human resources. It is notable for it's work in assessing compensation packages and pension plans. The company has offices located throughout the world and is knowledgeable regarding the corporate cultures in both the east and western business world. In addition to its technical knowledge, MERCER is also notable for its high standards of business ethics and practices. It prides itself on instilling a strong sense of doing business in a legal and professional manner in what ever country it practices in. As a result it is a highly trusted name in a field that had its share of dark history. Working in MERCER is very collegial, with management practicing an open door style of communication. All workers are encouraged to have a open and trusting relationship with their manager and to not hesitate to approach them if there are any problems or difficulty. Likewise there is a mentorship program that is used in the company to help employees find their way up the corporate ladder and understand the details of the corporate culture. This is important given the size of the company and the fact that it is multi-national. Needless to say communication is an important part of the corporate culture and regular meetings and interpersonal communication are held to be very important, particularly when working partners may be located in different countries. Despite the separation by distance, people are able to develop strong working relationships and work flows smoothly through the well defined communication channels that have been  more... developed in the company.  less
Pros
Regular meetings and seminars to provide information
Cons
Groups can be spread out over long distances.
Great company to work for.
Business Development Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2014
Lots of opportunities but at the same time, too big a company has it's set backs.
Pros
Lunch and learn sessions
Cons
Massive lay offs
Working Atmosphere
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2014
* It is one of the best working place in Ontario.
* I learned a lot for new Oracle Testing environment Version says ORACLE R12.. I am one of the testing person in Oracle application. I got good name such as Team player, Time Management,, Hardworking & Accuracy during my testing.
* After testing • Trained all AP employees and assisted accounting teams on various processing..* To finish my task on time.. • Active team member for testing and implementing Oracle Version 12
Pros
no expectation
International Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Montreal29 April 2014
Its an International Company that provides good opportunities for employees.
An Amazing place to work
Human Resources Filing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2014
I have to work 7 hrs everyday, if I come in before 9 early I can leave before 5 :)
I have learned how to be more organized, discreet and how to multitask even under pressure. I have developed better people skills.
Very organized, unbiased & helpful management.
Very friendly, approachable and supportive co-workers.

Very detail and attention oriented job
No pressure created by the supervisors
Very good company
Pension and Project administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2014
Awesome company to work for. The only disappointment was 4 months after hire the company decided to cut cost and did a layoff.
Great in most aspects except job security.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2014
I enjoyed almost everything about working for this company. The coworkers were great very friendly and helpful. Management was good. The problem with this job was that there was no security. When they give you a start and end date there is no assurance that you will start or end on those dates. I was supposed to start for this company again next week but found out the Thursday before that it would not start for another month. If you could trust their start and end dates there would be absolutely nothing wrong.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Zero job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercer. Our community is ready to answer.