Mercer

Mercer Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for.
Business Development Data Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn sessions
Cons: massive lay offs
Lots of opportunities but at the same time, too big a company has it's set backs.
International Company
Associate (Current Employee), MontrealApril 29, 2014
Its an International Company that provides good opportunities for employees.
Very good company
Pension and Project administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Awesome company to work for. The only disappointment was 4 months after hire the company decided to cut cost and did a layoff.
Great in most aspects except job security.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: zero job security
I enjoyed almost everything about working for this company. The coworkers were great very friendly and helpful. Management was good. The problem with this job was that there was no security. When they give you a start and end date there is no assurance that you will start or end on those dates. I was supposed to start for this company again next week but found out the Thursday before that it would not start for another month. If you could trust their start and end dates there would be absolutely nothing wrong.
Challenging
Associate - Senior Benefits Implementer (Former Employee), Toronto ONJanuary 28, 2014
Opportunity to learn and grow.
Management style is easy going and reasonable.
Professional and Positive work environment
Sr. Learning and Development Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: work place training
A professional, team orientated work environment, that learns from each other and is able to meet tight deadlines.
Great people and work culture
Team Leader – Operations Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2013
Leadership and Management had a clear vision.
A fair place to work.
Learned management and leadership skills which led me to the next role in the parent company.
Very good offering opportunities for advancement
GlobaI IT Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2013
Pros: variety of challenges and opportunites to provide input into decision making.
Cons: imbalance on work/life balance, long hours and too many projects does not allow for adequate time to pursue prof development.
Very collaborative culture. Good for those that are team players. Management provides very good mentorship and opportunities to learn on the job.
Supportive and inclusive atmosphere
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2012
Mercer provided a supportive atmosphere in which to develop your skill set. Departments were collaborative.

My work was project-driven, which meant there were peaks and troughs in work flow. However, initiative is encouraged and so I was always able to pick up projects I wished to do around process improvement.
very professional with great benefits
Defined Benefit Pension Administrator (Former Employee), Dublin, DSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: flexi time, pension
Mercer in Dublin has flexitime which just really improves work/life balance as you can choose your hours.
Working in such a professional environment is very liberating. Great management, very by the book and fair.
The hardest part of the job is when companies go bust, we got busier, winding up schemes is hard when you see how upset people are
most enjoyable part is the company has a sports and social club, they really promote work/life balance and organize fun activities to get everyone together
Typical workplace
Pension Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2012
AGF provides the cliche workplace environment with little embellishments. Its a warm and favorable place and its generic environment is soothing.
Great people friendly enviornment
HR Defined Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: casual dress code, friendly enviornment
Cons: miscommunication between mgnt & psr's
My job was helping participants from multiple clients start the process of accruing their benefits, cashing out, get estimates etc. I learned that working in HR is something that i'd continue to pursue.. I enjoy the research aspect and the entire learning process. My co-workers were phenominal! My entire team of 25 got along perfectly. The hardest part was miscommunication between management and PSR's the most enjoyable was casual dress code along with the helpful, generous and friendly team.. we looked out for each other.
Good company
Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Maitland, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Many different aspects to Mercer/Marsh & McLennan. Lots of opportunities if you look for them.
Good Employer, Bad Fit
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Iowa City IAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: nice people, good pay, comfortable environment
Cons: poor feedback when you are doing poorly and no help. watch out for qa.
I can honestly recommend Mercer, a division of Marsh and McLennan, as an employer. Probably the best call center I am aware of. Nice people. Comfortable working conditions. But a rather puzzling management technique. I'm willing to bet that my story with them is an odd one as I did a crass and stupid thing in my first couple weeks that probably marked me as a trouble maker. And on top of that, my ADHD makes me very slow and forgetful. I got discharged after two weeks because of a "bad fit" between me and the job. I truly regret losing this one.
Great working environment with professional people that allowed me to utilize my talents and get the job done.
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits through mercer. i was able to work from home when needed, bad weather, etc., professional environment working with great people. since we were a global company, we had more benefits than most companies.
Cons: working downtown and paying parking was probably the only negative regarding the job, but i was willing to do it.
Loved working at Mercer. I enjoyed the department and working with Benefits. My job was to reach out to Corporate H.R Managers and ask them to be a part of a Benefit Survey. They would send me all of their employee benefits and I would make sure that we had all details of the benefits and then code them into our system so that our Value team could evaluate them. If we had questions or needed additional information, I would then go back to the company and ask for the information. The companies would receive reports from us that would give them national information on how they rated in every area of the benefits they offered to their employees. In a lot of cases, they were rated among their peers, which could be used for recruiting and retention purposes. This is very helpful to companies today with the ever changing world of Benefits.
Job is highly independent
Participant Service Rep (Current Employee), Norwood, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: holiday party, paid breaks
Cons: management not really secure
Position is independent and requires attention to detail. Management could be better and work is repetitive. Some nice people, some not so very nice people.

I think this is 30 words so why do I have to keep typing? Co-workers are mainly temps so people also come and go.
Nice environment to work at. People are very nice.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Urbandale, IAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: nice co workers.
Cons: short breaks, regimented routine.
I take an average of 75 calls a day from clients wanting help or advice with their life and health insurance.

I have my life and health license in all 50 states.

I take on as many special projects I can in order to lighten the case load of the management.

The hardest part of my job is the large volume of calls during open enrollment season.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction that I get when I help a client to the best of my ability.
Large Consulting Fim, great opportunities, however can become stuck and siloed
Compensation Consultant, SIRS (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
A former employee of a company acquired by Mercer. Mercer can be an amazing firm. However, some departments are very strict, employees overworked and some management not very fair. It was often difficult working as a "team" especially when the team was top heavy. At the same time, there were some great and dedicated employees.
horrible
Senior Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 3, 2015
Cons: tons
we had to copy every document 3 times since it was caught by the fed government to do fraud.
continually committed fraud.
very rude managers
everyone in the office quit the company at the same time
H&B Field Auditor Postion
H&B field auditor (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 29, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
I do not wish to travel 30-36 weeks per year anymore. I have extensive healthcare knowledge that could be utilized in other positions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mercer

Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance – Read more