Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews

Clean dealership with a great culture and friendly co workers
LOT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  calgary, ab9 March 2015
Typical day at work as a lot attendant at lone star consisted of washing and detailing customer vehicles, assisting with delivery of vehicles and driving between the dealership and car storage lot to retrieve vehicles.
Great health benefits and employee purchase program.
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON13 February 2015
As a Sales Consultant you are given the freedom to do your job with all the necessary tools to be productive. It is very structured and organized which you don't find in many car dealerships but yet a fun and enjoyable place to work. Management do their best to support you and all departments share the common goal of keeping clients happy. I would definitely consider working at Mercedes-Benz again in the future as I have many good memories and have gained valuable skills during my time with the company. I was not a fan of a certain component in the pay plan but I have since heard that it has been changed to be made better.
Pros
Very wide range of automobiles to sell. "Something for everyone".
Cons
Paid monthly.
A privilege to work for and represent.
Salesman/Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 January 2015
The most fun I ever had selling cars, bar none. The S-Klasse in particular was fun to sell, as every year it would carry one or more completely industry first new technologies. The S is where the auto industry's highest of high tech normally debuts first. Tesla has stolen the S thunder lately, to an extent; but they can't match Mercedes-Benz for history or authenticity.
Pros
amazing product
Cons
bad location; the Nanaimo dealership was under a bridge and tiny.
okay
Detailing Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 January 2015
Not what I would says an amazing place to work. Had it up and downs like anyplace really. Just was not the place for me.
Top Rate - Professional environment with high expectations.
Bilingual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC14 January 2015
A typical day was very busy, with guests checking in, mail to be sorted, a ringing switchboard to be answered, and couriers coming and going. You didn't mess up with a lot of money on the line.

A polished image was expected and maintained, in providing service, within the company, and to customers. Guests could include Mercedes-Benz customers, prospective customers, and the executive from Germany.

Staff and management were professional, polished and educated, but approachable.

The hardest part of the job was feeling the pressure of ensuring that the vehicle keys were put in the right place, so that the press or fleet cars could be operated. You couldn't lose the keys to such a high-end vehicle!

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with staff, management and guests and the beautiful, sleek cars!
Pros
Fast-paced environment, professional, and located in a central area.
work
Lease Return Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON25 November 2014
Working at Mercedes-Benz has been very educational and a great experience I have learnt great deal and can apply those skills at my future job,
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 November 2014
My co-workers are friendly, and very hard working. The manager is understanding, and fair. The overall work atmosphere albeit is fast paced, but it's also seldom stressful.
Pros
Free lunches (Saturdays)
Cons
Clothes get wet
Very busy dealership
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga13 November 2014
lots of room for growth, high volume dealership.
Lots of opportunity.
Very strict yet influential
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  New York7 November 2014
an amazing experience. Learned about show flow and all the entities involved in making such a huge show successful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
random hours
I love my job.
Apprentice Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC5 September 2014
I show up early. I work with a team of 5 other technicians alongside our shop foreman. I'm constantly learning on the job. I try to always be the go-to guy, so I find it easy to get along with everyone. I love what I do. Hardest part of my job is trying to do better than yesterday.
Mercedes Benz
Diagnosis Technician (Former Employee) –  Surguт22 July 2014
Regular maintenance helps ensure that your vehicle’s safety and operational reliability are maintained, and that both you and your car are ready for the road ahead.
Mercedes-Benz
Co-op Automotive Technician Student (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 May 2014
I am a co-op student at Mercedes-Benz it is a unpaid co-op. A typical day at work is about 6-8 hours from 9am - 5pm. I have learned many skills pertaining to the automotive industry such as, diagnosing vehicle and tricks and tips of the trade. My co-workers are always trying to find many versatile jobs that will give me more experiences in the automotive industry. The hardest part of the job is finding where to be useful because, i am not a license technician their are many task i cannot perform. however this greatly helped me develop my initiative skills because i no longer need to be told what to do i know what i can help with and i also know what needs to be done. The most enjoyable part of my co-op is my co-workers because team work is important and even though they are license technician my co-workers are funny and can still have fun at the work place and at the same time they all trust each other and don't mind asking for help.
Pros
Gaining work exspirece
Cons
un-paid co-op
good place to work
Valet and Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 May 2014
picking up car from customers for service and deliver and return,And pick up cars at auctions and new cars at dealers.
And also drive shuttle for service Customers.
Great guys to work with.
customers service
call center agent (Former Employee) –  cairo28 December 2013
1-assist customers in their complaints.
2-give customers best service.
3-try to handle angry customers.
4-try to make cross sell to customers.
5-activate new lines for customers.
An organization that highly values collectiveness and work life balance
Retial Planning and Strategy Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2013
I have worked at Mercedes-Benz for two years and held positions at a dealership and head office. The culture between the two are consistent. Co-workers are helpful to one another and are open to extend their friendship beyond the four walls of the company. In this position, I have learned to handled multiple high priority projects and effectively implement time sensitive projects. The hardest part of the job would be communication between department at times as co-workers I work closely with are off site at times. However, the most enjoyable part is employees' willingness to extend help to each other in order to get the job done.
Fast environment great work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  1156 The Queensway12 July 2013
Typical day at work would involve: answering and directing telephone calls, processing invoices, directing messages, photocopying,filing, scanning,Printing, cashing out customers, scheduling appointments,sorting mail and closing store. It was an amazing environment, very friendly co-workers.
Pros
Great company, amazing co-workers and customers
Cons
location. Very far from home
Poor time management
Automotive Detailer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 June 2013
Never able to have the sufficient amount of time to complete tasks at hand. Being pulled off a timed job to do something that's not irrelevant to the job at hand
Poor time management between service advisers
Co-workers were excellent to work with.
Hardest part was trying to please everyone
Most enjoyed part was making customers happy with their vehicle
Cons
Employers disrespect there employees
Not a very good place to work
Sprinter Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, bc16 May 2013
The worst manager in the world.

Shouted at everyone and everyone was scared to ask questions.

Closing the sale

Going home and getting a free car to drive.
Pros
free gas and car
Cons
Show room with bad boss.
love to manage projects
Financial Reporting Manager/Acting Controller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2013
Hi
Looking for a part time job - from 10am to 4pm

The most enjoyable part of my job is learning accounting and corporate taxes.
Pros
love to be in a learning environment
Cons
my hours are limited
Good People to work with
Detailer / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Burlington25 February 2013
I worked in service dept as a utility guy at first doing everything from forklift operation to building maintenance then i was moved into the detail department where i prepared cars for delivery and showroom cars. the people i worked with there were easy to get along with i liked almost everyone there never had to many issues with the people. the job wasn't hard it was just tedious and repetitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercedes-Benz. Our community is ready to answer.