Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews in Canada

Must have very thick skin to work there
Mobile Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 2, 2016
It's totally who you know NOT what you know at MBC.

Benefits are excellent, money is good, but you pay for it by getting treated like pond scum. I put up with for 23 years and then left (like many others)
Pros
wages & benefits
Cons
management
productive workplace
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2016
whomever passionate about cars is here in the right place because of the history that the company brings with it
- structure
- need sales experience
- need passion for people
- need to work independent
- no standard 9 to 5 job
Pros
work independent
Family like workplace
Apprentice Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 8, 2016
The best thing that I love about working here is the people that I work with who I can always come back too and call family. The management is always willing to hear what they can better do to help you.
Pros
Dealership environment, amazing coworkers
Mercedes-Benz excellent truck
Truck Driver/Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Bagdad, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Business model in the Mercedes-Benz truck Excellent .
I learned from the Mercedes-Benz truck art of driving on the highway being an ancient truck .
Excellent management .
non co - worker .
non hardest part in the job .
Mercedes-Benz truck driving smooth and comfortable .
Pros
Easy maintenance and spare parts last longer
Cons
non
Task
Canada Parts Clerk (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONNovember 18, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew
Easy part-time job
Business Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 26, 2015
Not many hours to give, but it's an easy job for a student looking for part-time work where you can study at work. Management was great, fairly flexible, every Sunday off, and no late nights.
Pros
easy, deskwork
Cons
no room for advancement, not very many hours
Great Eperience
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Fantastic opportunity and a great experience. I learned a lot during my time at Mercedes-Benz from creating ads to planning events and everything in between.
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 1, 2016
I learnt how to handle stressful situations. The job required a lot of patience and organization as well as industry knowledge.
Pick and Pack shipment to go to all the dealers. Restock inbound parts
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 20, 2016
Monday to Friday morning shift. Spending the day loading pallets full of parts using a scan gun. Job had to be done quickly and and accurate. a crew of five. Attendance was vary important. Dental and medical after 6 months.
Very fun workplace, feels like home and family.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 20, 2015
Very fun workplace, there are always resources to help one grow, everyone is like family and you can rely on one another for help. Great and motivating workplace, they are always helping one grow.
Very Professional
Service Advisor/ Internal Coordinator/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 30, 2015
Image portrayed to customer most important attribute of working here. Employees work very hard to maintain image and quality of service provided. Excellent shop environment, clean and orderly, able to maintain maximum efficiency and productivity.
Productive and Fun place to work
Warranty Administrator Duties (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 29, 2015
Great place to gain experience in administrative jobs and learning to work in a team environment. Politics and red tape everywhere as expected of a big company
Productive and fun environment
Parts Advisor / Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 27, 2015
I enjoy working at Mercedes Benz Burlington, also learn how to do shipping and receiving, inventory, deliveries, maintain isles organize, etc.
Productive and very Fun environment to work In
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 7, 2015
One of the best places and company I ever worked for. Very dynamic and faced paced work environment.
Very good corporate culture and great opportunity for advancement within the company.
Great health benefits and employee purchase program.
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONFebruary 13, 2015
As a Sales Consultant you are given the freedom to do your job with all the necessary tools to be productive. It is very structured and organized which you don't find in many car dealerships but yet a fun and enjoyable place to work. Management do their best to support you and all departments share the common goal of keeping clients happy. I would definitely consider working at Mercedes-Benz again in the future as I have many good memories and have gained valuable skills during my time with the company. I was not a fan of a certain component in the pay plan but I have since heard that it has been changed to be made better.
Pros
very wide range of automobiles to sell. "something for everyone".
Cons
paid monthly.
Top Rate - Professional environment with high expectations.
Bilingual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BCJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day was very busy, with guests checking in, mail to be sorted, a ringing switchboard to be answered, and couriers coming and going. You didn't mess up with a lot of money on the line.

A polished image was expected and maintained, in providing service, within the company, and to customers. Guests could include Mercedes-Benz customers, prospective customers, and the executive from Germany.

Staff and management were professional, polished and educated, but approachable.

The hardest part of the job was feeling the pressure of ensuring that the vehicle keys were put in the right place, so that the press or fleet cars could be operated. You couldn't lose the keys to such a high-end vehicle!

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with staff, management and guests and the beautiful, sleek cars!
Pros
fast-paced environment, professional, and located in a central area.
An organization that highly values collectiveness and work life balance
Retial Planning and Strategy Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2013
I have worked at Mercedes-Benz for two years and held positions at a dealership and head office. The culture between the two are consistent. Co-workers are helpful to one another and are open to extend their friendship beyond the four walls of the company. In this position, I have learned to handled multiple high priority projects and effectively implement time sensitive projects. The hardest part of the job would be communication between department at times as co-workers I work closely with are off site at times. However, the most enjoyable part is employees' willingness to extend help to each other in order to get the job done.
Mercedes-Benz
Co-op Automotive Technician Student (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 10, 2014
I am a co-op student at Mercedes-Benz it is a unpaid co-op. A typical day at work is about 6-8 hours from 9am - 5pm. I have learned many skills pertaining to the automotive industry such as, diagnosing vehicle and tricks and tips of the trade. My co-workers are always trying to find many versatile jobs that will give me more experiences in the automotive industry. The hardest part of the job is finding where to be useful because, i am not a license technician their are many task i cannot perform. however this greatly helped me develop my initiative skills because i no longer need to be told what to do i know what i can help with and i also know what needs to be done. The most enjoyable part of my co-op is my co-workers because team work is important and even though they are license technician my co-workers are funny and can still have fun at the work place and at the same time they all trust each other and don't mind asking for help.
Pros
gaining work exspirece
Cons
un-paid co-op
A privilege to work for and represent.
Salesman/Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 18, 2015
The most fun I ever had selling cars, bar none. The S-Klasse in particular was fun to sell, as every year it would carry one or more completely industry first new technologies. The S is where the auto industry's highest of high tech normally debuts first. Tesla has stolen the S thunder lately, to an extent; but they can't match Mercedes-Benz for history or authenticity.
Pros
amazing product
Cons
bad location; the nanaimo dealership was under a bridge and tiny.
Poor time management
Automotive Detailer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 4, 2013
Never able to have the sufficient amount of time to complete tasks at hand. Being pulled off a timed job to do something that's not irrelevant to the job at hand
Poor time management between service advisers
Co-workers were excellent to work with.
Hardest part was trying to please everyone
Most enjoyed part was making customers happy with their vehicle
Cons
employers disrespect there employees