As part of the Mercedes-Benz Canada (MBCAN) Marketing team, you are responsible for executing the MBCAN premium strategy for automotive products through developing and managing the strategic positioning for the assigned model ranges. To develop, prepare and present product strategies and recommendations to management.
- Support the vision of always putting our “Customer First” by implementing a product strategy that delivers a superior experience
- Monitor and analyze market trends in order to manage strategic product development and positioning of assigned products – market analysis, market positioning, configuration and pricing, key product features, series and cross-model product communication and general support activities.
- Monitor and analyze market sales, industry developments, competitive actions, and economic outlook in order to prepare strategy recommendations.
- Develop and manage the long-term and short-term cross-line telematics strategy
- Routinely analyze information concerning competitive activity in terms of volumes, pricing, product reviews, marketing strategy, positioning against MB products and any other data which may be used to maintain a comprehensive competitive database used for management reporting.
- On-going development and assessment (e.g. pricing, volume and sales mix) of central, and local, product measures to bolster assigned product’s market share, segment leadership and brand strength in light of present and future competitive and market trends. To obtain the optimal point between volume and profitability.
- Identify and specify requirements of Canadian specific lifecycle measures.
- Solicit internal feedback on product topics and formalize resulting requests as needed.
- Analyze, develop, and prepare customer targets, including demographics, psychographics, and lifestyle descriptions with Marketing Communications.
- Initiate and develop a Model Year strategy for assigned series 12-18 months prior to implementation. Coordinate meetings with relevant departments in order to develop a strategy for product improvements and new features, based on competitive analysis and market research; examine the feasibility of product measures with regard to cross-functional implications and MBCAN profitability.
- Review and obtain agreement on the Model Year Change Summaries for assigned series with applicable members of the MBCAN management team.
- Ensure integration with the National Sales and Controlling teams in the agreement and execution of product changes and strategy
- Based on Mercedes-Benz Canada’s marketing strategies, provide input to the Marketing Communications team and Agencies with respect to the communication of product benefits and marketing messaging. For assigned product lines, ensure that the following documents are correct in terms of factual accuracy , marketing message and consistency with target customer profiles:
- Advertising Material
- Vehicle Brochures & Price Guides
- Auto Show Spec. Sheets and Literature
- Relationship Marketing Campaigns
- Online Materials
- Training Materials
- Press Kits
- Ensure the timely communication of Model Year information – product profiles, pricing, dealer ordering guide content (e.g. technical data) and product updates/running changes – to relevant internal parties to support the deployment of product information to the retail level.
- Support the development of materials required for the annual Market Alignment Discussion (MAD) and other long-range planning initiatives.
- Develop and maintain contacts with central Product Management and MBUSA to gather information regarding various product strategies for review and recommendations to National Product Manager.
- Other duties as required to support the overall effectiveness of the Marketing Department and MBCAN as a whole.
- Represent the company with a high level of professionalism and courtesy. Follow company standards of personal presentation; and adhere to all Mercedes-Benz Canada and Daimler policies including compliance, and integrity standards.
- Promote and support integrity as one of Daimler’s key values.
Observe and review the integrity status of business partners.
- University or College Degree in Business related field.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the automotive industry and luxury segment plus technical knowledge of automotive products is required.
- Beyond a strong passion for Mercedes-Benz products, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detailed oriented and work-intensive environment is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations.
- The ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and internet applicaions.
Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply to this role by visitng our careers page at the following link:
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mercedes-Benz Canada is the Canadian subsidiary of Daimler AG, the world's oldest car manufacturer. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario,...