Job Title: Safety & Training Manager
Department: YYZ Ramp Operations
Reporting to: General Manager, Canada
FLSA Status: Exempt
Overview of job purpose:
The Safety Security Manager will be responsible provide guidance on MA health, safety and security policies and SOPs in addition to any legislation as may be set by the relevant Country of operation.
Main duties and accountabilities:
- Ensure safety and security policies in place & consistent standards are implemented across the network
- Develop and implement the station Emergency Response Plan
- Implement Menzies Aviation Policies and Procedures as laid down in the Eight Pillars of Management
- Provide timely regional management reports weekly and monthly as required.
- Plan & coordinate the implementation of safety and security priorities within the region to achieve consistent standards.
- Responsible for driving corporate safety and security programmes
- To provide guidance & support to operational management on matters of safety & security
- Through a process of hazard identification and risk control, develop policy and procedures
- To proactively promote a ‘safety first’ culture
- Supporting the field operation to introduce safe and secure working procedures and proactive audit daily inspections and audits programme
- Establish and Support Health and Safety Committee
- Liaise with the regulatory aviation authorities within Region to ensure compliance
- Monitor changes in legislation & amend operational training requirements accordingly.
- Accident, incident reporting & investigation
- Facilitate the distribution of network safety and security alerts on a knowledge-sharing basis to increase awareness.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- To report any significant deficiency in our products, materials and documents
- Has the duty to suggest any improvements to working practices especially those relating to safety and security
- Conduct the duties of an auditor, as described in the Quality Assurance Manual, as required.
- Ensure all External Operational Manuals remain current
Skills / qualifications / experience required:
- Demonstrates considerable experience in the field of safety and security
- Demonstrates an ability to both design & deliver SOP’s
- Facilitation skills
- Underpinning knowledge of the aviation industry
- Ability to manage projects & people
- Demonstrates an ability to work & liaise at a senior management level
- Demonstrates an understanding of diversity within the work place
Interpersonal skills required:
- Self motivated, disciplined with a can do attitude
- The ability to work in an international environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at different levels and from different cultural/ethnic backgrounds
- Prepared to travel within operational Region, and to deploy worldwide for an extended basis
- Prepared to attend accident sites
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- PC literate
- Must be able to pass a Transport Canada background check
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens, legal residents or hold the requisite authority to work in Canada