Mentor Works, the Canadian government funding expert, provides assistance and support services related to small business funding grants. By assessing our clients' strategic objectives and innovation challenges, we are able to match optimal government grants for small businesses in Ontario and across Canada in order to accelerate business growth. We work directly with small businesses to solve common business challenges related to business expansion, research and development, human resources & training, capital investment and more through Canadian government grants, FedDev loans, and tax credits. Mentor Works shares knowledge with business owners through daily updates on new programs and resources through our Canadian Government Funding Blog including Ontario business grants.
The Team Lead will support clients in their funding strategies via consulting and the writing of funding applications. The position will demand an attention to detail, strategic planning abilities, and the ability to multi-task in constantly changing environments. The Team Lead will also be responsible for managing a team of Business Analysts who will primarily write funding applications.
Please note that candidates must have access to a mobile phone with tethering capabilities for mobile Internet access. Data usage costs will be covered by Mentor Works.
The Team Lead would work independently and support employees to support Strategic Planning and funding application writing. The position will demand an attention to detail, strategic planning abilities, strong economic background for financial analysis, and cost analytics of investment strategies within a business. The ability to multi-task in constantly changing environments is a must as the industry segments represent a wide variety.
- Research and composition of various or all components of business plans, required in multiple business applications.
- Application support on selection, construction, and support of cost analytics and payback scenarios, working directly with members to complete strategic initiatives and development of work plans.
- Communications with various representatives for support, clarification, and review of constructed content to ensure software applications are written accurately and online content is correctly portrayed.
- Creation of online content to educate our social media and blogging audiences, such as press releases, daily blogs, and website content.
- Research on program updates and new programs through various online research tools, including Google Alerts/Reader and various social media tools.
- Development of various software systems to enhance and improve productivity of team members.
Other duties as assigned as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor of Economics, Business or Science Degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years experience in the business sector
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Capability to think strategically and creatively
- Outstanding math skills as it relates to scenario planning and cost justification of investments/spend
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience writing business and marketing plans an asset
- Strong online marketing execution
- Past experience with software applications
- Access to an automobile for local travel
- General Accounting practices
- Any journalism-related experience
- Competent with the WordPress website platform ideal
- Strong background in social media tools
- Desire to learn