About Mentor Works Ltd.
Mentor Works Ltd. provides assistance and support services related to small business funding grants. By assessing our clients' strategic objectives and innovation challenges, we are able to match optimal government grants for small businesses in Ontario and across Canada in order to accelerate business growth. We work directly with small businesses to solve common business challenges related to business expansion, research and development, human resources & training, capital investment and more through Canadian government funding options.
The position of Business Development Manager will be two-fold:
1. External Business Development
The successful candidate will work directly with Ontario businesses to assess their strategic challenges and growth opportunities. By evaluating these key aspects of the businesses, the Business Development Manager will formulate plans to overcome these obstacles and take advantage of these opportunities through various government funding mechanisms and other resources and strategies. This role will also effectively transition their closed sales to a Team Lead, who will manage the writing of the application; this will often involve preparation of preliminary documentation and ongoing client communication until completion of services. Travel will be required to reach the various clients across Southern Ontario and hours may increase beyond regular hours depending on funding schedules and active client numbers. There will be opportunities to learn the details of this process through a shadowing process with Bernadeen McLeod, the owner of Mentor Works Ltd. The Business Development Manager role will also lead workshops and other public speaking opportunities to build relationships with new prospects.
2. Internal Business Development
The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for managing Mentor Works’ internal business development and strategic partners. Continuous research and implementation of new technologies will be carried out to ensure the continued competitiveness of Mentor Works in the business consulting and government funding assistance industries.
The position will demand the following skills and expertise:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales role (please detail past sales performance in résumé and/or cover letter)
- Experienced public speaker
- Business development experience across manufacturing, agriculture, and/or tech industries is preferred with a documentation of past success
- Ability to co-ordinate and support the activities of supporting team to ensure client commitments are completed in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound organizational and time management skills
- Flexible time schedule and ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a variety of environments
- Ability to identify new opportunities
- Teamwork skills
- Experience with using a CRM system is an asset; includes daily documentation of activities
- Dropbox, Excel, Word experience
Compensation will be negotiated based upon experience and will consist of base + performance incentives.