Residential Direct Support Professionals
Menno Homes of Sask. Inc. is a leader in the provision of supports, housing and programming for adults with differing abilities and is currently operating 11 group homes and various vocational/training programs within Waldheim, Hepburn and now Saskatoon.
We are currently seeking committed, caring and empathetic individuals who are passionate about supporting and assisting adults with differing abilities to live their life to the fullest. We are looking for Direct Support Professionals to provide Supports and services from Waldheim and area.
As part of this rewarding opportunity, you will work interdependently within a homelike environment providing physical, emotional, spiritual and personal supports to the participants of MHSI. You will be required to assist them in everyday living, which will involve duties such as hygiene, housekeeping, food preparation, laundry, recreational activities and outings. You will participate in care plan development and reporting on changes to the participant’s condition and behavior. As a team player, you will be respectful of the diversity of others and promote a healthy, productive and safe work environment that is free of discrimination.
You will have the ability to:
- Identify, assess and evaluate physical, emotional and personal needs of the participants and determine an appropriate course of action;
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in written form;
- Apply standard safety precautions and practices according to established protocols, safety guidelines and existing legislation to protect co-workers, participants and the environment;
- Work both independently and as a team player in order to co-operatively accomplish program objectives/goals and create and maintain a positive work environment; and
- Anticipate, recognize, and react to conflict situations by exercising sound judgment and resolution.
You will be:
- Innovative, creative, understanding, respectful, positive and courteous, promoting the personal integrity of all and the vision, mission and values of MHSI;
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible and adaptable in order to meet new challenges in a changing work environment;
- Thorough, consistent and attentive to detail to ensure quality work.
Typically, the knowledge required for this position will be gained through experience on the job.
However, completion of a post-secondary degree in Human Services, completion of Special Care Aide Program, Rehabilitation/Disability Worker Diploma/Certificate, Special Education, or Youth Care Worker Diploma/Certificate or a related field would be considered a definite asset. This position may be exposed to unpredictable situations.
The applicant must include a Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and a valid Saskatchewan Driver's license.
Hours of Work: Shift work. This can include shifts in the evenings, nights and weekends.
The positions: We hire as casual status Direct Support Professionals.
Menno Homes of Sask. Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes group life, pension, long term disability, and extended health and dental coverage. Starting rate is $16.67 per hour for Direct Support Professionals.
Interested applicants should submit a resume by to:
Edna Hinz, Recruitment Coordinator
Menno Homes of Sask. Inc.
Box 130 Waldheim, Sk. S0K 4R0
*Please indicate in your application, resume or cover letter where you have acquired the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above. Applicants will be screened on the basis of this information*
Menno Homes of Sask. Inc. wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.