Menchie's Frozen Yogurt Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and welcoming place to work at
Team Member (Current Employee), Whitby, ONApril 26, 2016
Working at Menchie's has been one of my favourite jobs so far. Everybody gets along and is willing to help one another and the environment is one that is welcoming and makes you feel like you're part of a community. Even if it gets really busy and hectic, I can always count on my co-workers to step up and I know that everything is taken care of. The management is good too, they're understanding when we have personal commitments or problems but when things get out of hand or people are being unreasonable, they are polite and handle things in a professional manner in order to keep the store and employees running smoothly.
Great work experience
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Open Scheduled
Cons: Long hours, weekends, holidays
I am very grateful for the opportunity that Menchie's provided me to run two of his Menchie's stores in Victoria, BC. I had the privilege to open the stores from scratch, being in contact with providers, contractors, hiring and training staff, etc..
I strengthened my understanding of customer service, business development, management, fundraising, event planning and marketing strategies.
I have executed successful campaigns and created strong partnerships with clients and vendors related to the industry like the University of Victoria, Camosun College, Harbour Cats baseball team, Rifflandia Music Festival, V.I Fitness, Color Me Mine, schools, non-profit organizations, community sports teams, among others. All of my efforts led to increased notoriety, sales and profit for Menchie’s.
Enjoyable fun environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Free frozen yogurt
Cons: Little hours
- Greet every single customer with a smile and ask to assist them in anyway
- Multi-task efficiently
- All age co-workers learned new ways and different way to complete a task safely and effectively
Fun Place to come every morning
General Manager (Current Employee), Nepean, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Free Froyo on my shift
Cons: New enough hours to give out during the off season
I love coming into work. I am my own boss and people look to me for guidance.
I come in and get all my admin duties done, then move onto machine maintenance, costumer service and then food prep. I get to do a little of everything every day.
The stores that i run are not over staffed so building a rapport with people is not difficult to do. We all know eachother and most importantly, respect eachother.
Great place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Free yogurt
Cons: Late nights
This place has very high energy and great staff to work around. A typical day or evening shift consisted of cleaning... and lots of it. The place was always spotless. We always had to make sure that every customer enjoyed their time with us and left with a smile on their face.
Productive and engaging working environment
CSR/Mixologist (Part-time) (Current Employee), Whitby, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Free yogurt after/during every shift, and 25% discount when not working
Cons: Not enough hours because there were many employees
At Menchie's, I had the opportunity to work alongside very many talented and friendly individuals. We worked as a team to make sure customer's had a memorable experience, and we would always see familiar faces! I enjoyed this job because I was able to interact with a wide variety of people and allow myself to experience a true customer service position that will benefit me in my future. The hardest part about the job was not being able to have longer conversations with customers due to long line ups, because many of them were so friendly and it was always a pleasure to have nice conversations with nice people. While working at Menchie's Frozen Yogurt, I learned how to be an efficient and hardworking member in a fast paced working environment.
Good first job with some benefits but poor management
Junior Mixologist (Former Employee), ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Free shift yogurt, 25% off purchases when you're not working and for your family, cashier experience
Cons: Management, training
My typical day at Menchies being a Junior Mixologist included:

-Checking what yogurts needed to be filled and then making them
-Doing the dishes
-Cutting fruits
-Filling all the toppings
-Being a cashier
-Cutting brownies & nanimo bars
-Cleaning tables
-Making customers happy
+ other things

Sometimes I'd come in and I'd have to make waffle bowls, and if I was opening a shift we had to clean 1 machine, which held 2 yogurts.

I liked my job a lot. But the manager was never around, we always had to do things ourselves. We would very often run out of fruit, especially strawberries, which is our #1 topping which lead customers to be very unhappy. Also, we'd run out of the ingredients we NEEDED to make certain yogurts, so he would tell us to 'just go without it' or to not refill the yogurt. Along with that, if we didn't run out of fruit, the fruit would be all mouldy/squishy, but he told us to just cut those parts off and put it out anyways.

No one wanted to work when I was hired so I got tons of shifts, but then once the college/university students finished their 1st semester, they all wanted to work so myself and the other highschoolers' hours got completely CUT. I went from working 7 hour shifts (or 6 once winter hours began) & some opening shifts on weekends, to only working 2/3 hour shifts on weekdays and MAYBE a weekend shift. Also, once it became winter no one wanted frozen yogurt so there was not much to do.

The owner was never involved, as he lived in another province.

The manager left out tons of stuff while training me and then got irritated when – more... I didn't know I was supposed to do certain things.

My co workers, for the most part, were amazing, hilarious people that I miss a lot. They taught me a lot of things and were always so understanding. – less
All aspects of job were amazing but....
Mixologist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2015
Everything besides management, at both the Orleans location and Merivale location, was pretty good. No complaints besides dealing with management issues.
Positive Atmosphere
Key Holder (Current Employee), 3204 Yonge Street Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free shift cup (frozen yogurt) each shift, 25% off merchandise
Cons: Late nights and a lot of standing
Menchies is a great place to work because you are able to create a positive work environment that makes those long hours/late nights enjoyable. You will see customers who come often and they will remember you which will allow you to have the chance to talk with them and have their input on the flavours. Seeing customers takes on what they mix together, such as green apple sorbet and peanut butter sauce gives you ideas on what to try and recommend to other customers. You become so close with your co-workers, being able to talk with them outside of work. Management you are able to express your ideas and they will certainly listen. You are able to take leadership and handle situations on your own which makes you confident for life outside of work or even in other work situations. Overall Menchies is a great place to work and working there always puts a smile on your face because of how happy the kids are coming in to create a yogurt, or even the adults gets extremely excited as well.
Friendly, busy and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
A typical day :
- Open the store
- Set up front (Chairs, tables, Cleaned two machines a day)
- Prepare and make sure all yogurt machines were running
- Bring money trays from office and open store
- Greet customers with slogan to make sure they know what to do
- Smile, Smile and Smile more!

Closing:
- Bring chairs in from outside
- Sweep, mop, turn off machines for the night
- Count money and put them in the safe
- Make sure front and back end are all perfect for the morning
- Turn on alarm and lock doors
Menchie's is the best!
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free yogurt!
A very enjoyable workplace. Every shift is something I look forward to. I have a good relationship with my co-workers and employer.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 25, 2014
Pros: making people smile
Cons: slow days
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people smile when they come into get Fro-Yo. Hardest part of the job is it being soo slow right now so the shifts are by yourself & cleaning.
Fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free yogurt
Cons: no hours
It didn't feel like a job, more like fun. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The job was not difficult at all.
Learning new skills and making new friends
MIxologist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free 8oz yogurt every shift and amazing co-workers.
A typical day at work includes cleaning snack containers, making fresh yogurt, cleaning tables and chairs, and general cleaning. I also inform people about our yogurts new and old. This information includes nutritional information as well as answering any other questions they may have.

My co-workers are amazing and I always have a great time interacting with them.
A fun place to work at
General Manager (Current Employee), Markham ONNovember 25, 2013
very good people to work with the guests are always happy the team members are very friendly. overall this is a good place to work.
Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
Mixologist, Supervisor (Former Employee), Whitby, OntarioJuly 2, 2013
Pros: free frozen yogurt and care for our personal lives
Cons: exhausting work
Menchie's was such a great place to work, everyone was happy, customers were always satisfied and time flew by. I learned great customer satisfaction skills and I always had specific people come in regularly and always complimented me or thanked me on my job well done.

I worked at two different Menchie's -- Whitby for a year and 3 months and Bowmanville for 4 months. The difference between management was drastic; Whitby had fabulous Management who were understanding and great mentors! We always got along and we had a great relationship. Bowmanville's management had a different way of doing things, however, being an authority figure in Bowmanville still taught me important skills such as taking care of my fellow employees and treating them with the respect I would want my boss or manager to treat me with, a lot of them have told me they appreciated it.

The most challenging part of the job at Menchie's was co-ordination; every person in the store had to communicate at all times possible to let each other know what the current situation was to reach maximum customer satisfaction. We got that down pretty early once we all got comfortable in our surroundings.

Of course, the most enjoyable part of the job would have to have been the customers and the employees. The customers were always so excited about the product and that made us passionate about it as well. I always talk highly of the franchise and the employees always had a great bond including outings!
Poor place of employment
Anything and everything (Former Employee), canadaAugust 21, 2012
terminated me because of my nationality. Would not recommend this employer to anyone whatsoever. Mench means good person. These people are not! Therein lies the irony.