Memorial University of Newfoundland Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive environment with lots to learn
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: Minimal hours
A typical day of work included maintaining the lab followed by assisting a graduate student with various assays.I also assisted with various piglet surgeries.
Gained much administrative/financial experience
Intermediate Clerk Stenographer (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience for my career future
Cons: Collecting overdue payments
I worked in accounts receivable. I learned so much about accounting and learned many software applications. I enjoyed my work environment and co-workers. Contacting clients regarding overdue payments was the hardest.
Excellent place to work at.
Post doctoral fellow (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaApril 17, 2015
Pros: Big name of the Institute.
Cons: Lack of the required supervisory help.
I learned a lot. It was very stimulating environment however involved a lot of hard work. Coworkers were friendly and helpful in general. The research work in the lab was very enjoyable. However, the guidance from the supervisor was not up to the mark and therefore the hard work was not properely steared to obtain the publishable results.
Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 25, 2015
Memorial University is an excellent place for research. Working environment is also excellent and the research facilities are also excellent.
Fun and creative environment to work in
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), St John's NewfoundlandFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great staff memebers
Cons: you never get to be "off duty"
Ensuring student safety and rule compliance as well as building management and event planning. Learned how to create fun interactive environments as well as manage and lead large groups of people.
Productive, positive and friendly environment
Teaching Assistant and Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 16, 2015
It was a great opportunity to work for Memorial University. Everyday I learned new things and developed my skills. I made great friends over there and it was a pleasure getting to know those nice people.
good place to work
FOOD COURT WORKER (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 14, 2014
people especially manager of coordinators are professional in carrying things. and they care about employees, we got gifts before Christmas and the safety training is good. the workload is small. people are easygoing and they are well educated.
Working as a student
Student (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 7, 2014
Memorial university made a phenomenal environment for students to study and research.
professional Profs
Wireless Sensor Networks Research Assistant (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 31, 2014
working in the lab,
learning team work,
discussing the challenges
searching to improve the performance of the system,
discussing the solutions with coleages
Friendly, busy, Professional environment
Student Health Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great co-workers
Cons: minimum wage pay
There was a fair amount of data entry involved. I learned a lot about the medical field, terminology, and now have a great understanding of immunization requirements and what they exactly they are. My co-workers were great, helpful and supportive. It is a great job for a student looking to much a little extra money. The hours are flexible and according to your school schedule.
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Lead and Co-project Manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJune 18, 2014
Memorial University is a comprehensive university where students, faculties, and staff work together to create knowledge, culture, and a great community.
Great co-workers
Program Administrative Assistant - Compost Program (Current Employee), Corner Brook, NLMarch 27, 2014
Good place to work, people are friendly, management is great.

I love working with people and community engagement but the best part of my job is in the lab work. I am a scientist at heart.

The hardest part would be trying to communicate with some members of the faculty. They can be difficult to work with and hard to communicate to, but I always manage.
Positive environment
Computing Support Assistant (Current Employee), The CommonsNovember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Very good and positive environment, can be hectic sometimes when things don't work. Lots of space to move up in work place and career opportunities are present.
Research & Teaching Assistant
Research & Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 4, 2013
• Research assistant for my professor, research in Active Fault Tolerant Control System Design
• Correct assignments and tests
• Record marks and report to professor
• Conduct tutorial classes
good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 30, 2013
good job with good people, excellent location and employees are treated well
Very good university, and it is now growing
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), St. John's, NLApril 17, 2013
At Memorial University, I enhanced my technical and research skills, nut more importantly, I honed my soft skills by attending different professional programs, workshops and working as a Teaching Assistance.
Memorial University is a five star workplace
Intermediate Clerk Stenographer (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: the people are wonderful to work with
Cons: i have no complaints whatsoever
I work from 7:30 to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. I enjoy my work very much. Everyday I am learning new things and meeting new people.

Our office setting consists of approximately 50 people. The only employees are myself and my supervisor. The other 48 co-workers consist of undergraduate and graduate tutors who are hired for tutoring their peers with their papers.

I thoroughly enjoy working with everyone in the office. It's a wonderful place to work.
filling, shipping, office support
Support Services Assistant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: learned about office environment
*Kept track of student materials including exams,assignments.
*Learned day to day administrative work.
*Sorted incoming and out going mail.
* Learned the office environment.
*Improved interpersonal skill
*Answered to the student inquiries by phone call,email, face to face.
Teaching physics and math to undergraduate students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 2, 2012
Pros: teaching skills learned
Cons: low stipend
It was an opportunity to teach physics and math to undergraduates, and it was in return to the graduate fellowship I received. I learned teaching aand lab demo skills. Management was very helpful. Team work was amazing. When I see my students succeed, that's the most enjoyable part of the job.
Challenging work place with lots of opportunities to learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMay 17, 2012
Made a good network with professors and professional individuals. Learnt research and analytical skills having some amazing professors as my supervisors.