MEMBERSHIP

MEMBERSHIP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good working environment
Return Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 23, 2013
At the Costco, all employees are treated fairly, has a good and safe environment, it is a people oriented company, friendly co-worker. I love my job. Had to leave because i have moved to BC.
Excellent Skills Development
Membership Services Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2012
The work atmosphere and the values of the organization run in unison to the voices of the undergraduate students at York University. It was a valuable work experience that enhanced my skills further.
GOAL-ORIENTED, FRIENDLY, AND CONSISTENT
MERCHANDISER/ STOCKER (Former Employee), SUNNYVALE,CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunches
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK, STARTED WITH MY TEAM AND I CHECKING IN WITH MY SUPERVISOR FOR A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE DAYS TASKS. SECONDLY WE'D SPLIT UP, GRAB NECESSARY EQUIPMENT, THEN BEGIN WORK.

WHAT I LEARNED WORKING THIS POSITION, WAS HOW TO PROPERLY ELECTRIC/ MANUAL PALLET JACKS, HAND-HELD SCANNERS, AND READ SCHEMATICS.

MANAGERS WERE DETAILED AND CLEAR – more... WHEN GIVING INSTRUCTIONS. ALSO VERY FRIENDLY AND UNDERSTANDING.

CO-WORKERS MADE WORKING AT COSTCO VERY ENJOYABLE. ALWAYS UNDERSTOOD THAT WE NEEDED TO COMPLETE TASK BEFORE ANYTHING. ALSO WERE EASY TO COMMUNICATE WITH.

THE HARDEST AND MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF WORK WAS OPENING. – less
Very organized environment to work at with co-workers that are all respected.
Meetings Coordinator (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: healthcare
My typical day at work has a lot to do with data entry of all membership dues, applications, and payments. I also had to manage my time with not only with the data entry but also working with different committees. I also have to arrange travel arrangements for not only the Executive Director but also other staff members that are traveling for conventions. – more... I have learned a lot more about time management. I also have learned the very importance of customer service to all members. Management has changed within my career and had to adjust to the different management styles.

The hardest part of my job is to be organized with all tasks and meet all deadlines of any project that was given to me and to manage my time with all projects that were given to me with making sure that the members were serviced first.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the different members I have met and to know that I have done my job as a membership coordinator. The "thank you's" and you are doing a great job and the ability to keep members when they were thinking of not renewing their membership has been the best. – less
Great place to work with diverse cast of employees and customers.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Managed up to 20 CSRs in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Learned about different needs of employees and was able to create a very skilled and tenured staff. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job was promoting agents to supervisors.
great environment
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), san pablo, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: working at night
Cons: dangerous
working graveyard passing out beverages to patrons of the casino. I enjoyed this work, and realized the nightlife is better for me.
Fun place to work
Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee), Waterford, MINovember 13, 2013
Loved this place, enjoyed to the fullest, great co workers, Hard working people there, fast paced and easy going
Best Club Ever!
Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours
This company is amazing to work for. employees and Members are amazing.
Good place to work because of the co-workers and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 29, 2013
Pros: lunch perks, paid for dr. appt time off, football bowl in fall
Cons: you had to be there a year before you had vac. time and paid holidays.
I loved this "work home" because of the people working with me. We were a family and loved to laugh together. The 2 managers were the kindest and most considerate I have ever worked for. Unfortunately the business has laid everyone off and is closing.
the productive workplace is the one with challenge, always has something new to perfom and not the same always
community development officer (Former Employee), Dar es salaamAugust 29, 2013
Pros: always there are free training, interact with different people around you, you feel like you have another family to share laughter, and such a thing
Cons: sometimes you need to work even two month without day off, hence you became physical and mental exousted as well as antsocial
During my work time especially in hotel industry i have learned a lot of thing like other foreign language, the most fun I had which I never come across in my life time was the code switching I mean the use of three language in one sentence, ie Italian, English and Swahili language that was real enjoyable one because most of the Italians are not good – more... in English.

The issue of Management in hotel is very complicated issue, since you have to manage the staff mainly they are under 23 year of age some times they behave like school student and not like employee. On the side of work performance also it is challenged since hotel has a lot of department.

The relationship I have with another staff was the one referred as team work relationship though some times other staff could not provide such cooperation.

The hardest part of my Job was the one which faced my religious believe that is Sabbath others were not too hard to withstand. – less
working with international students on world issues and public health.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Erie, PAAugust 26, 2013
Its a very cultural program. it was a great experince working with kids from Iraq, Nigeria, and United states. It promoted public safty around the world and also discussed public issues such as war, poverty and etc.
just work
mechanical engineer (Current Employee), AmmanAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short break
am studied mechanical engineer at polytechnic i love the work i can't stay at home
Annual membership
Member of Biotech Research Society of India (BRSI) (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: conditionaly
Cons: conditionly when organizes
I have joined the membership with biological science bodies annually, actually these bodied are providing us platform to interact with scientists, organizations young research buds which actually helps to explore more individually.
Productive atomsphere, very knowledgable peers
vice president within a close (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ALAugust 2, 2013
Pros: non - profit barbecues for the community
Cons: networking
I learn how to respect others and treat people as I want to be treated. This experience gave me structure. The most difficult thing was every once and a while some customers will give you a hard time but you have to remain professional. My most enjoyable thing about my job was meet all kinds of different culture and religious people to learn from.
Faurecia
Janitor (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 17, 2013
It was great met new people and the work was fun and relaxing. I cleaned the building and pulled trash and really got to communicate with the other employees.
Busy law firm
Paralegal (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJJuly 8, 2013
Small law firm with a lay back touch. Specialize in Criminal and Consumer law. Law firm can be busy at times but was a great place to learn and brush up on my skills
PHARMACIST WITH DHA LICENCE
pharmacist (Current Employee), dubaiMay 26, 2013
am a pharmacist with excellent communication and interpersonal skill
Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 1, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: mission unpredictability
As a Platoon Leader and Officer in the Louisiana National Guard my job is to get things done through other people. I typically supervise between 20-50 soldiers. I get assigned a task, develop my own game plan as to how we will accomplish that task, and delegate the work. Finally, I spot check to make sure the work gets done on time and to standard. – more... I am also responsible for the morale of my platoon. I set the tone for their platoon. My leadership style, level of competence and attitude directly determine whether morale is good or bad. Its also my job to recognize good soldiers with awards and praise and to punish poor performing soldiers. This is done by enforcing the Army standards equally and by leading by example at all times. – less
good
epidemiology (Current Employee), ChinaFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch, good resource
Cons: too much logistic matter
no time to lose,
a large quantity of data;
no time to dig
to explore
productive
gen.sec (Former Employee), lagosJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: carteen
Cons: lunch
i love what i do , and i am always always doing what i know how to do best. i am always when i am make others feel accomplished.