Looking for a great full time position with a great company? An organization that aids in the development of their employees and values teamwork? APPLY NOW!
Melrose Cafe & Bar is looking for qualified people to join our kitchen team. We are an award winning establishment winning in the Best Bar/Pub category in WHERE Magazine’s Most Memorable Meal Awards here in Calgary, Alberta. We became known throughout North America as the Heart of the Red Mile during the Calgary Flames amazing playoff run of 2004. We would like to add great people to join our establishment who will contribute to the continued success of Melrose Cafe & Bar.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Extensive training and personal development
- Shift meals
- Fun working environment
Duties will include:
- Working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Maintaining a high culinary standard while achieving consistency and quality
- Ensuring a sense of urgency in completion of all tasks
- Promoting a safe, sanitized working environment
- Complying with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Opening, closing and side duties as per the Melrose Cafe & Bar guidelines
- Monitoring and ensuring the highest level of food safety
- Consistently following kitchen systems and principles
- Maintaining strict cleanliness while performing duties as well as on closing
- Punctual for all scheduled shifts
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years experience as a Line Cook required preferably in a high volume setting.
- Effective communication both written and orally.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Being able to work effectively in an environment that embraces team work.
- Able to handle a fast paced working environment, high volume kitchen experience is a definite asset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Possess a strong will to succeed.
- Are self motivated and strive to constantly achieve the highest levels of quality, service, cleanliness, safety while being conscious of food cost.
- The ability to handle a flexible schedule is preferred.
If you are confident you can succeed as part of our team, you can apply by attaching their resume to the appropriate link.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Melrose Cafe & Bar team, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.