Salary: To be discussed during the interview process
Start Date: September 1, 2012*
At Melody School of Music, we are committed to providing an exceptional music education to our students. We confidently offer a quality service to families and individuals with an interest in learning to play music as a fun activity or a serious vocational pursuit. We created our school to give children an easy and affordable way to learn music in Toronto, and we provide a fun learning environment and all the bits and pieces they need to fulfill their musical dreams. Melody School of Music students feel accomplished and proud of their achievements, which means they develop a foundation of self-confidence that can be applied to all areas of their lives.
Melody School of Music is looking for reliable part-time Music Teachers in the fields of PIANO, VOICE, GUITAR, STRINGS, PERCUSSION, WOODWINDS, and BRASS for positions beginning in September 2012, with the possibility of an earlier start date.
- A bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent in their specific music field
- Previous teaching experience in music
- Knowledge of and passion for the music world
- Friendly, easy-going nature
Please attach a résumé that clearly identifies your formal education in music as well as your teaching employment history. In the cover letter, which you are to include in the "Message" box of the application, briefly tell us how you qualify for the position, how your students would benefit from having you as their teacher, and what values you would add to the school as a whole.
- In the "Name" field of the application, please identify for which position you are applying and your name (E.g.: “Vocal Teacher - Anna Smith” or “Clarinet Teacher - Eric Anderson”)
- Include your resume as a file attachment, and copy/paste your cover letter into the application's "Message" box
*Serious applicants only, please
Only applicants moving to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Melody School of Music.