Melet Plastics is seeking an Application Developer for a 6 month engagement, with the possibility for extension into a longer term full-time role. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded IT professional who has experience building custom applications to support a manufacturing environment
Reporting to the VP Engineering, the Application Developer is responsible for the design, code, testing, and analysis of custom software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Migrate legacy software applications to newer technologies
- Research and documentation of software requirements and specifications, based on input from application users and administrators.
- Write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Ensure that any new application developed meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Design, develop, install, and troubleshoot new software programs and applications.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Run and monitor software performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Liaise with system administrators and application users to assist in resolving problems
- Assist with the development of a Sharepoint portal site to manage all project specific documents and information, including email integration.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and conscientious team player capable of working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, with the following skills and abilities:
- Post secondary relevant degree/diploma (Computer Science, Computer Analyst/Programmer or equivalent) or a combination of training and experience
- 1 - 3 years experience in application development
- Experience with applications in multiple technologies
- Knowledge of Database Management, Code Management Procedures, and Project Life Cycle Methodologies
- Basic Sharepoint development and administration experience including web parts, custom lists and views, content types, and Outlook integration.
- Database and report development experience including IIS MS SQL, Oracle, and Crystal
- Positive attitude, creativity and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical and technically proficient. Skilled at understanding complex concepts and able to create solutions to those problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Able to identify best fit solutions given available resources and system constraints, and effectively implement the solution.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Indeed - 5 months ago
As Leaders in Engineering Plastics Solutions, the Melet team is dedicated to engineering custom plastic products that meet the needs of...