Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Melcor Developments Ltd. currently has an opening for an Accountant – Investment Properties, based in our head office in Edmonton. Reporting to the Accounting Manager – Investment Properties, the Accountant will be an integral part of the Accounting and Finance Team, whose primary responsibilities will be to accurately provide accounting services to the Investment Property Division.
- Assists with the day to day accounting of multi-tenant investment property buildings. Assists with all regular monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting associated with a portfolio of multi-tenant buildings.
- Assists the accounting group in preparing monthly and quarterly reporting packages for properties, which includes a balance sheet, income statement, supporting schedules, and capital expenditure analysis.
- Provides accounts analysis, prepares variance analysis, maintains accurate and complete records and files, and responds to client enquiries as necessary and on a regular basis.
- Monitors A/R. Responsible for cash receipts and provides assistance to collection efforts.
- Collaborates on projects to develop and implement new systems, reports, and tools, and tests these tools to identify any issues.
- Develops non-standard reports and statements according to guidelines.
- Other ad hoc accounting/finance tasks as assigned.
Credentials and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Accounting.
- Entry-level position. Minimum one year of accounting experience.
- Strong technical proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. High attention to detail.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and operate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to implement new procedures and improve upon existing procedures.
If you qualify, please visit http://www.melcor.ca/careers for application instructions. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago