Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Based in Edmonton, and reporting to the Property Development Division’s Development Manager, the Project Coordinator assists with the planning and development of various Property Development projects.
- Provides assistance in managing consultants, engineers, planners, and surveyors in the planning, design, and development of commercial development projects.
- Assists in coordinating with consultants/planners to complete the required documentation and obtain approvals for development from approving authorities.
- Attends construction site meetings.
- Coordinates payables/receivables, letters of credit, completion certificates, development plans, and sales or lease documents.
- Coordinates approval of tenant building and pylon signage.
- Coordinates approval of tenant layouts.
- Reviews and provides input into DP and BP design drawings.
- Provides design and construction information to consultants and tenants.
- Coordinates with Canada Post for postal code assignment and mailbox locations and sizes.
- Initiates and coordinates as-built drawings.
- Tracks and files building plans.
- Coordinates all information required for turnover binders/checklists with Development Managers, leasing coordinator, construction company, and our Investment Properties Division.
- Creates and updates internal site plans with addressing, DP/BP numbers, postal codes, tenant names, condo plan numbers and other relevant information.
- Assists with prospecting for future tenants within other existing developments and assists the Development Manager in working with listing brokers to create interest and offers for existing and future product.
- Assists with reviewing project budgets and proformas.
- Assists with drafting and reviewing offers to lease.
- Assists with marketing efforts for commercial developments, including market research and analysis.
- Other duties as required.
Credentials and Experience
- This is an entry-level position. Candidates with 2+ years of experience will be considered from a variety of backgrounds, including urban planning, architectural technology, engineering, construction management, banking, real estate, or a general business background with related experience.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Project planning and management experience an asset.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, budgeting and other financial management / accounting practices.
- Experience in the land/property development approval process and an understanding of urban planning principles an asset.
- Experience with proforma creation would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build long term business relationships.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
At Melcor, we offer a corporate culture based on eight decades of strong corporate values, career and development opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and employer matching group RRSP and employee share purchase programs.
If you are a self-starter and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please visit our website at http://www.melcor.ca/careers/ for application instructions. Please do not apply through indeed.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.