Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Based in Edmonton, and reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Manager, Financial Reporting will lead the delivery of all aspects of the Financial Reporting process. This includes, but is not limited to, the co-ordination and preparation of quarterly and annual external consolidated financial statements and related disclosures, co-ordination and review of monthly internal financial statements, analysis of operating results, and research and guidance on accounting for complex transactions or IFRS standards.
- Coordinate and review all quarter-end and year-end deliverables for external reporting purposes. This includes preparation of all consolidated financial statements and reports, MD&A narratives, and associated press releases.
- Coordinate and review all month-end internal financial statements and corresponding review of results.
- Liaise with external auditors on financial statement audits.
- Review all accounting standards and regulations changes, evaluate impacts of changes to current processes, and develop and implement any changes required to the current processes to ensure compliance.
- Research and provide guidance on accounting for complex transactions.
- Lead annual financial and cashflow budget process, as well as monthly and quarterly forecasting cycles.
- Development of policies and procedures for the identification of financial risks, analysis, and reporting of risk related information (e.g. key risk indicators).
- Develop formal reporting metrics at a divisional and project level.
- Other accounting / finance projects as assigned.
Credentials and Experience
- University degree in accounting and/or finance.
- Professional accounting designation. CA designation preferred.
- 4+ years accounting experience with a mix of public accounting and private industry experience. Excellent knowledge of public financial reporting requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Experience supporting and presenting management reporting, including preparing executive presentations.
- Strong analytical skills, with high attention to detail.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships and operate effectively in a team environment.
At Melcor, we offer a corporate culture based on eight decades of strong corporate values, career and development opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and an employer matching group RRSP program.
If you are passionate about becoming an innovator in the creation of new communities, and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please visit www.melcor.ca/careers for more information on this position.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.