Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Melcor Developments Ltd. currently has an opening for an HR Manager, based in our head office in Edmonton. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the HR Manager will be responsible for planning and delivering a broad range of HR support and leadership activities to the organization.
- Oversee and provide guidance and support to Managers with respect to the performance review cycle and associated processes, including performance planning, coaching, performance assessment, bench strength analysis, succession planning, and other related processes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements. Oversee and manage all aspects of Melcor’s employee benefits program, including health benefits, provider relationships, employee participation, etc.
- With an HR Administrator reporting into this role, oversee the administration of payroll and benefits for both salaried and hourly staff.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process for full-time permanent staff, including sourcing, selection, placement and orientation. This includes recruitment planning, developing/revising recruitment materials, creation and placement of job postings, short-listing candidates, conducting interviews, reference checking, and employment offers.
- Work with post-secondary institutions to manage co-op and practicum student recruitments.
- Manage the development, implementation, and continual improvement of HR policies and programs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all levels of organizational staff and act as an advisor and sounding board to address workforce issues and to optimize talent and structure.
- Promote a positive culture for Melcor Developments Ltd. that encourages commitment to our values of honesty, loyalty, respect, quality, and integrity. Monitor the pulse of the organization and work with the management team to foster a high performance culture.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of statutory laws, regulations and standards. Represent the organization to all external agencies and stakeholders on employment and payroll matters (WCB, legal, etc.).
Credentials and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree.
- CHRP designation an asset.
- Minimum 5 years related experience, with exposure to a variety of facets of Human Resources.
- Ability to develop and execute HR business plans, taking into consideration business objectives and initiatives.
- Ability to provide leadership and coaching to an HR Team.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. High attention to detail.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of an organization.
If you qualify, go to www.melcor.ca/careers for application instructions. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard