Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Based in Edmonton and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Executive Assistant will provide all aspects of administrative support required by the CFO, with some additional support to the Vice President, Finance.
Board Liaison and Corporate Secretary
- Organize and service the Melcor Developments Ltd. Board of Directors and the MelcorREIT Board of Trustees meetings, and any associated Committee meetings, in accordance with any procedures agreed upon by the Board.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of appropriate notices, agendas, and supporting documentation.
- Prepare and circulate minutes of meetings and ensure that the details of the resolutions and decisions are in order so that proper account of them is taken by the Corporation.
- Ensure necessary filings with the proper authorities, control the security and application of the corporate seal, and maintain the Corporation’s minute books.
- Perform other functions as the Board Chair may specify from time to time.
- Maintain confidentiality of information as required.
Other Administrative Duties
- Prepare, distribute, and/or file a variety of documentation, correspondence, and presentation materials as required.
- Assist in organizing legal and due diligence documents for financing and maintaining ongoing requirements for bank account administration.
- Handle submission of expenses for CFO.
- Coordination of the CFO’s scheduling requirements and travel itineraries.
- Assist the CFO with any other requirements or projects as assigned.
Credentials and Experience
- Legal Assistant / Paralegal Diploma.
- Advanced skills in the use of office software (Outlook, MS Work and Excel, PowerPoint).
- Three to five years of experience working with boards or executive groups.
- Professional and service oriented.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build long term business relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and respond flexibly to changing work requirements.
- The judgment and confidentiality required to deal with sensitive information and problems.
At Melcor, we offer a corporate culture based on eight decades of strong corporate values, career and development opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and employer matching group RRSP and employee share purchase programs.
If you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please visit our website at http://www.melcor.ca/careers for application instructions and apply directly using the email address listed.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.