Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Based in Edmonton, and reporting to the Conveyancing Manager, the Conveyancing Assistant is responsible for preparing, distributing, and maintaining documentation to support to the conveyancing function within the Community Development Division.
- Set up and maintain files and other records regarding lot sales, transfers, quit claims, lot swaps, inventory, promotions, taxes, plan registrations, and letters of credit.
- Prepare and distribute documentation to convey interim agreements to formal agreements, including verifying information and obtaining signatures/seals as required.
- Prepare and process land title transfers.
- Prepare and process assignment agreements, quit claims, and lot swaps.
- Update and maintain price lists and term sheets.
- Enter document requisition information and collecting outstanding documents as required.
- Maintain financial undertaking letters and confirmations
- Enter Land Titles and Registry Invoices
- Complete land title searches.
- Respond to inquiries on land transaction data and information.
Credentials and Experience
- Legal Assistant / Paralegal certificate or diploma.
- Prior office experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- The judgment and confidentiality required to deal with sensitive information and problems.
- Flexible and able to adapt to corporate style.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and determine what is required to be done; self-starter.
At Melcor, we offer a corporate culture based on eight decades of strong corporate values, career and development opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and employer matching group RRSP and employee share purchase programs.
If you are passionate about becoming an innovator in the creation of new communities or commercial developments, and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please view our website at www.melcor.ca/careers for application instructions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.