Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Based in Edmonton, and reporting to the Investment Property Division’s Operations Manager, the Building Operator will assist with the day to day operations of various commercial buildings within the Edmonton Area. The Building Operator is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment (HVAC), and other related mechanical equipment, to ensure the clean, safe, and efficient operation of our properties.
- Monitor and perform regular daily inspections and record keeping with respect to the operation of heating plants, cooling plants, and other mechanical systems, including steam and CHP (combined heat and power, or cogeneration) systems.
- Troubleshoot all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system malfunctions, and assist various trades with the maintenance and repair of those systems. Carry out minor maintenance requirements on a scheduled basis.
- Perform chemical testing of boiler, chilled, and condenser water and interpret results to determine any appropriate chemical treatments.
- Coordinate and oversee that all Landlord and Tenant Improvement construction work is completed as per contract requirements.
- Complete all service requests within established guidelines and ensure work orders are managed properly and the appropriate follow up is completed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants, their customers, and other commercial property guests by ensuring optimal service levels with an emphasis on “Best in Class.” Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Act as a regular participant in the afterhours on call rotation and provide vacation coverage to other Building Operators throughout the Edmonton area as required.
- Perform general administrative work as required, such as maintenance of operating manuals.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and environmental manner. Support and implement safety programs.
- Other duties as required.
Credentials and Experience
- Possess a valid 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Building Operator with an emphasis on operations and maintenance of HVAC Systems. Familiarity with all aspects of building operations including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, generators, fire alarm, and sprinkler systems.
- Experience with BOMA BESt Certified Buildings is desirable.
- Possession of a valid Alberta Motor Vehicle Class 5 Operator’s License.
- Proficient spoken and written English.
- Windows and Microsoft Office skills.
- A self-starter with a friendly, professional, and positive attitude, and a desire to enhance skill set through additional training.
- Mechanically inclined with a “Handyman” aptitude.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime at a variety of locations within the Edmonton area.
At Melcor, we offer a corporate culture based on eight decades of strong corporate values, career and development opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and an employer matching group RRSP program.
If you are passionate about excellent customer service in the building operations field, and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter and resume. For more information on Melcor, please visit www.melcor.ca.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.