Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Based in Edmonton, and reporting to the Investment Property Division’s Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting in the overseeing a portfolio of certain investment properties, capital expenditures, budgeting, staffing, marketing and public relations activities, for particular assets and will play a key role in managing commercial property tenants.
- Respond to tenant calls, inquiries, complaints, and problems as required on a daily basis, ensuring the appropriate persons are informed of any issues.
- Review and approve all conditions and professional service contracts relating to the properties, including, but not limited to, janitorial, construction, snow removal, HVC, maintenance, grounds keeping, and debris removal.
- Develop and maintain programs with participation from outside contractors related to HVAC, water treatment, preventative maintenance, energy management, environmental management, waste management, landscaping, pest control, property security, snow removal, parking lot and roof maintenance, cleaning operations, tenant coordination, and other pertinent aspects of physical operations.
- Ensure all appropriate drawing records, operating logs, and files are maintained.
- Work with Building Operators to prepare monthly activity reports.
- Approve invoices related to accounts payable and receivable.
- Remain current on market activities and trends, and stay abreast of best practices and local competition.
- Assist in determining client real estate requirements to best position their business operations.
- Develop and maintain operating and capital budgets.
- Assist with the collection of rents and arrears.
- Assist in reconciling client accounts, as required.
Public Relations/Marketing/Client Relations
- Maintain existing client relationships and foster new business relationships to ensure the success and continued growth of the organization
Credentials and Experience
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in property management and/or real estate preferred.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, or other relevant experience.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, budgeting and other financial / accounting practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build long term business relationships.
- Negotiations experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
At Melcor, we offer a corporate culture based on eight decades of strong corporate values, career and development opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and an employer matching group RRSP program.
If you are passionate about being an innovator in property management, and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please visit our website for application instructions.