Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Based in Red Deer, and reporting to the Vice-President – Red Deer Region, the Assistant Development Manager provides support and assistance during the planning and development of community development projects.
Assists the Vice-President and Senior Development Manager with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of development projects including assisting with contracting and managing project consultants.
- Contribute to Proforma documents for management approval.
- Review and approve payables and ensure receivables are collected.
- Provide support in ensuring completion certificates (CCC/FAC) are obtained.
- Communicate payout schedules, terms, and lot variances to builders.
- Complete required documentation and provide supporting in obtaining project approvals for development from approving authorities, working with consultants/planners.
- Assess/research development problems and options for resolution, and determine actions to be taken, with guidance from the Vice-President and/or Senior Development Manager.
- Assist with managing maintenance contractors and ensuring developments are maintained.
- Build long-term business relationships with builders, approving authorities, contract professional/technical people, and communities.
- Work with builders (and marketing consultants as required) to market communities to the public (e.g. logos, brochures). Help to coordinate show home parades.
- Assist the Vice-President and/or Senior Development Manager in achieving sales budgets.
- Respond to inquiries from customers regarding developments.
Credentials and Experience
- This is an entry level position. Individuals with 1+ years of work experience from a variety of disciplines will be considered, including urban planning, engineering, construction, marketing, real estate, or banking.
- Degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Negotiations and / or conflict resolution experience.
- Experience with, or training in, budgeting and other financial / accounting practices.
- Knowledge of basic engineering and/or urban planning principles is an asset.
- Experience in the land development approval process, or with a land development company, is an asset.
At Melcor, we offer a corporate culture based on eight decades of strong corporate values, career and development opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and employer matching group RRSP and employee share purchase programs.
If you are passionate about being an innovator in community development, and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please visit http://www.melcor.ca/careers/ for application instructions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Melcor Developments Ltd. (Melcor) operates in Alberta in the metropolitan areas of Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, and Red Deer. Melcor...