Melcor Developments Ltd. is a public company that develops and manages mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers, and golf courses. At Melcor, we are proud of our roots, our vision, our company’s longevity, and our team’s ingenuity to create and find value within the development industry.
Based in Edmonton, and reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounting Assistant – Payables processes accounts payable invoices, ensuring accurate data recording and verification of all invoices, for multiple companies and divisions within the organization.
- Processes invoices by ensuring payment is from the proper account and has not been paid, producing and mailing cheques/related documentation, and posting payments to general ledger.
- Performs reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Performs daily and monthly summaries of cash distributions and requirements.
Data and Filing
- Verify information, enter and maintain data bases, and produce standard reports.
- File invoices and related documents.
- Maintain and update supplier records.
- Maintain and track petty cash.
- Respond to payables/receivables inquiries from suppliers/contractors and internal staff.
- Complete credit check applications for all companies.
Credentials and Experience
- 1 to 2 years of accounts payable experience preferred.
- Systems training and experience. Excel, Microsoft Word, Reflex, and Outlook preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and adept to working in a fast paced team environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and operate effectively in a team environment.
At Melcor, we offer a corporate culture based on eight decades of strong corporate values, career and development opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and employer matching group RRSP and employee share purchase programs.
If you are passionate about becoming an innovator in the creation of new communities, and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please view our website at www.melcor.ca/careers for application requirements.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Melcor Developments Ltd. (Melcor) operates in Alberta in the metropolitan areas of Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, and Red Deer. Melcor...