Melanie Lyne Employee Reviews

Very productive and fast pace
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 January 2018
-Provide customer service, process online and special orders, respond to emails and receive shipment.
- stuff members and management are super friendly.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales associate/key holder
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2017
As a sales associate you have the opportunity to sell high end clothing to customers. You need to be aware of the various brands the store sells along with the handle/care instructions. As well, this company is also based on commission--- so be aware if you are not a fan of that. Management provides each associate with a goal for the day--- some can be very unrealistic.
typical retail job
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
I worked for this company for 6 months and had a decent experience.

Typical of retail, there is bare minimum of training. They call it 'spa treatment' training. Basically it's the idea to say hi to every customer and help them with clothing selection. They don't teach you ways to increase your sales other than 'you should upsell'. The expectation of Product knowledge training is that you look in the merchandising manual and figure out what the trends are. There is no training on the products themselves. I was told to look at the labels and that's where I'll find the info. The training is all self taught if you feel the urge. You are expected to sell minimum $200/hr and your 'score' is posted on a weekly basis.

I'm truly disappointed by the quality of clothing they offer, so I found it hard to promote buying their clothes. Ironically, I used to love Melanie Lyne and was a regular customer, hence my desire to work there, but I quickly realized the majority of their clothing is cheap polyester and does not last after several washes.

This company has a long way to go before I would recommend working there. They pay minimum wage and yet you are expected to wear their overpriced clothes when working there.

Wish I could say it's a good place to work, but such is not the case.
Pros
fellow saleswomen you work with are nice
Cons
pay, no training, expected to wear their overpriced clothes
No room to advance
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 September 2017
Very little to no room to move up within a store. Raises are promised and then broken.

Breaks are not kept to, i.e. an employee will time in at 30 minutes but continue to sit in the back for an extra 15 minutes.
Pros
lots to learn, always changing
Cons
lots of gossip, constantly changing policies and dress codes
nice meeting new people
Service Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON27 March 2017
It was really nice being a customer service representative as I got to meet new people on a daily basis, and got to know repeated customers better. Made countless friendships, enjoyed what I did.
Great workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2017
I love working at ML, I learned a lot about the retail business and perfected my customer service skills at a good pace. The environment was calm and I enjoyed helping and meeting different customers.
Pros
Nice, calm environment with a friendly team
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2017
Loved working at old navy! started off on sales floor, moved to cash supervisor than shipment supervisor,
Was better when there were full time employees in each division, it changed too just being in fitting room or cash. that made it boring and I left.
Commission
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON29 December 2016
Working in a commission specially in low season is does not bring you and the manager satisfaction. The staff find themselves in an individual competition and A team work did not apply there.
Tres agreable et compétitif , pationnant
Assistante gerante (C.E.L) (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC9 November 2016
Nous avions un vph ( ventes par heure ) à atteindre par jour, par mois et par année.
Chaque jours , nous devons nous servir de notre bon service et de nos différents positifs par chacune afin de rattraper nos chiffres ou de les depasser (encore mieux)
Tout en gardant bon contact avec nos clientes pour que celles-ci puissent revenir avec leurs proches.
Un gros défi à rélever tout en étant véridique et naturel.
Pros
Conditions de travail ( assurances)
Cons
Sécurité
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2016
Great people here, fun atmosphere, high quality clothing.Enjoy selling to people of all ages that are planning for a graduation, wedding or a social event.
Ml
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 August 2016
Good group of people - inviting.
Flexible on hours.
Calm atmosphere.
Would recommend to anyone who has worked in retail prior OR someone new to the genre.
fun place to
Sales clerk (Current Employee) –  galerie d'anjou24 March 2016
in these years that i have been there i have learned many other skills in selling good experience!!

very exciting when you are busy with clients. having your personnal clients.

manager very wonderful.

co-worker fun to be with.

cleaning the store

working together with the manager.
Pros
to severe
Cons
flexible on hours
fun work place with a lot of challenges
Cashier and service coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 November 2015
Every day at Melanie Lyne I learn something new about how to serve the customers better and more efficiently. The management team is very helpful and cool and it feels comfortable working with them.
great job experience
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Promenade Mall16 June 2015
Great job experience with great people , helping and working with people makes me feel better and useful. sometimes challenging but with great co-workers and great management team everyone were more motivated toward their targets.
Everyone is easy to get along with, job is not engaging
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 March 2015
This company caters to prestigious shoppers, and requires a certain image and standard for little pay. The management team is kind and understanding, however, the job itself is underwhelming and has high turn over. Hours are not always guaranteed.
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
Underwhelming, not much room to advance
One of the best working enviroment with nice team work and atmosphere of respect
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2015
1- Me and my colleague open the tills , then we close the fitting rooms and open the doors .
we receive the new stock that comes in the store and steam the pieces that needs to be steamed .
we learn about the new product that came in the store so that when the customer comes in we are familiar with the product .
we do ward robing consisting of 15 pieces that would make the customer able to wear it for 30 days .
sometimes we are scheduled for markdowns that we have to finish before we leave .
2-The management is one of the best management I worked with, very respectful and supporting .
3-Co-workers are very helpful, they help with anything you need to know , they look for anything that the customer is looking for with me and they always share their experience with me .
4- The hardest part of the job is when we are having a slow day as I always like to have something to do and be busy.
5-The most enjoyable part is when I achieve customer satisfaction .
Melanie Lyne
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 February 2015
Working at Melanie Lyne everyday has given me a quiet new picture about retail and dealing with customers.

Having unhappy customer is a bad thing so we always try to put them first by saying "the customer is always right"

Best and most supportive co-workers

Management is amazing.
I enjoy dealing with customers and hearing cute stories and some of their exciting news.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Salary
Melanie Lyne
Part-time Sales Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 February 2015
During my time working at Melanie Lyne I was able to quickly move up the ranks despite only being part-time. A great company to work for.
Its Retail
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BC18 January 2015
Typical day consists of receiving new shipment, special orders, executing markdowns. Work with management to maintain visual presentation of the store. Help with sales at cash desk and returns when required.
Work hard, play harder: Fun at work boosts creativity
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2014
Well every day for my was enjoyable at work .
every day I learned a new think , I learned how to coach associate and how to do wardrobe for customer .
 Supervise and trained employees generating significant improvements in their productivity

 Managed sales department with 10 employees addressing customer concerns, coaching employees and mitigating product loss

 Monitored budget and set sales targets to ensure that goals were being achieved

My Co-Workers are hard works and team player .

The most enjoyable part of my job was training wardrobe to associate .
Pros
non
Cons
sunday