Meggitt Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not organized
SYSTEMS ADMIN/HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAApril 11, 2016
Pros: little or no supervision, work at own pace
Cons: not much time off or breaks
Manage the daily workflow between orders and plant, process payroll and accounts recievable and payable. Process Purchase orders for company
Extremely frustrating, poor working conditions
Supply Chain (Former Employee), Millwaukie, ORMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Good pay
Cons: No work/life balance, draconian leadership, no recognition for contributions, hostile environment
The OECO site in Milwaukie Oregon was very frustrating to work at. No processes or procedures, senior leaders and directors change and are out the door every 3-6 months, limited resources and no prioritization of projects and objectives. Everyone is massively stressed out and leaders and stakeholders are hostile. Requests from engineering and sales are unreasonable which has led to significant supply chain problems. 30 plus people have been laid off or voluntarily left since beginning of 2016. Worst working conditions I've experienced in my 24 year professional career. Especially in operations and supply chain. Recommend do not work here unless a gluten for punishment.
Good product base and company history
Prototype Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukie, ORMarch 17, 2016
The company has been around a while, and through all the various mergers with other companies and mixed product types, the overall atmosphere at the company is muddled and slightly hostile - way more noticeable than other companies I've worked for.
Friendly company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), North Hollywood, CAMarch 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Meggitt.
I was there for 18 years and had hoped to be there longer but unfortunately the company decided to out source our jobs so a few of us had to be let go.
I miss my job there. I had made many friends over the years.
Good personal in all departments, easy to work with while doing my job.
Document Controller (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: Good working conditions, easy to follow proceedures, work instructions and forms to be filled out.
Cons: Sometimes the communications between departments is not clear on what is needed.
A typical day at work was full with documents to review and update/type as needed. After 2:00 p.m.I went to the Metallurgy Lab for the part file documents to be scanned to my drive for electronic placement into the designated part numbered folders for the engineers, clients, and trade compliance officer to view, print, and/or fax.

I learned how procedures are to be written, what the Metallurgy lab was, how when parts were made which ones needed to be forwarded to the Trade Compliance officer. This is just a little of what was learned in the time I worked for the company.

The Management personnal always had a lot of work to do and didn't hesitate to ask for my help with their different projects from time to time. I also liked meeting people from different cultures around the globe as they came into the plant for one reason or another.

I got along with everyone I worked with on the factory floor and the 18 different Department Managers I met with from time to time.

The hardest part of my job was chasing down the writers of the procedures, forms, and work instructions when finished with the scrubbing of the newly written or re-written documents for errors then re-typing for approval. I either had to leave and come back for the document at a later time or wait for a rewrite to be done, make the changes then return them for signatures again.

The most enjoyable part of my job was I was constantly learning something new about what Meggitt/Thompson Aerospace & Defense did, how they did it and being a world wide business, I learned about ITAR, Trade Complience, FAA – more... complience, and what the DOD required for making of parts for their military watercraft or planes. Always something new and interesting to be learned. – less
There is no work life balance and management is not at all good.
technical support engineer (Former Employee), IndiaNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Allowances
Cons: Healthcare, Work balance, Opportunities, learning
Well I am associated with Meggitt Indiai for more then 3 years. I joined the company when they established just over 2 years operations in India. It left bitter experience and had no work life balance. The way an engineer treated is not good literally there is no respect. There is no progression in career and the way company operates in India is totally as authoritarian of 1-2 big people. No proper HR policies and work policies never implemented. Though it is mentioned as authorized company of Meggitt Sesnsing System headquarters but the way company operates in India is like isolated. None of the corporate benfits Meggitt global reaches to India. In general there will be plenty of opportunities in startup company but there are nothing. Anyways I wish as long as it operates in India hopefully new policies would come and management changes to take care of the work life balance and opportunities to grow.
Good pay, work hours and benefits
Stock Clerk for Aerospace parts distributor (Former Employee), North Hollywood, Ca.October 8, 2015
Pros: Holiday days off with pay
I liked my work shift hours in the morning and my hourly pay.
We were able to work overtime Monday thru Saturday if we were available.
We had good medical and dental insurance.
Our 401K plan was great
Great Benefits, Team Oriented Environment
Customer Service/Lead/Manager (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORMay 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, team oriented, company activities
Cons: Constant Leadership changes, overtime
Customer Interfacing was a daily exercise, as well as lead team meetings daily and monthly. Report to management key indicators regarding order book status, customer notifications, and forecasting.
Enjoyed leading a small team of customer service representatives and interacting with outside sales team. The company was very much involved in individual success and offered many types of training.
Excellent environment with great benefits
Machine Operator Trainee (Former Employee), North HollywoodApril 9, 2015
Challenging daily operations, stimulating endeavors. Typical day meeting customer deadlines while holding highest quality standards.
Industry leader in quality and on time delivery.
Average Company
Materials Engineer, Senior (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: challenging, dynamic
Cons: short lunches, no breaks
Good place to meet people. Really challenging and makes you strive for your best. Learned much about aerospace sealants and substrates. Learned much about aircraft fuel tanks.
Don't recommend
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: located in a nice area
Cons: management
This (Irvine location off Muirlands) just isn't the place to go to as a senior level engineer or above. Prepare to be severely micro-managed upon joining and then ostracized for not working independently enough. Expect to be abused and bullied by engineering management as a tool for their advancement and personal agendas. Turnover has been high among senior level individuals due to this recently. Expect long hours and subpar pay raises and advancements regardless of your actual performance. Expect to carry on the work of others who have learned to work the system to their advantage and watch them receive the credit.
ok
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Corona, CANovember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: favoritism
It is an ok place to work at, especially
if you know someone who works there.
Horrible place to work
Heater operator (Current Employee), Rockmart, GeorgiaOctober 13, 2014
Don't recommend working here....its horrible. Supervisors and management have no clue
Good Pay, Hot long hours
Floorworker (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, good insurance
Cons: hot environment, unflexible hours
Meggit is the best paying job in Rockmart, Ga, but the hours are long and its very hot in there.
I look forward to paydays
Reverse Build (Current Employee), Rockmart, GASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: other than payday
Cons: everything
The company would be better if they implemented a no family rule. Everyone that works in this particular location are related. The only way you advance in this company is if you know someone or if your family, nothing is based off what you know. The hardest part of the day is dealing with the people and management. I enjoy paydays!!!!!!!! The union is terrible, and upper management is completely clueless to the troubles that plaque their workers
Nice job but poor management and unreliable HR.
Matetial Handler (Former Employee), Danville, KYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: fun job, new ideals and creatibilty
Cons: poor management, no hr supprt
Job started out great but within a year went down hill. Greed ruined the atmosphere. Saw a lot of great talent come and go doing my stay. Would go back once the corrosive elements have been removed.
Poor
floorworker (Current Employee), Rockmart, GAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: regular breaks, decent pay
Cons: no sick days
I have worked for this company for 7 years. The management from the top down to the area supervisors do not know how to run anything. I don't know how they have stayed in business this long. The working conditions are horrible. No air conditioning in the summer and freezing in the winter. Poor ventilation even though there are dangerous chemicals in the building. Old equipment and useless tools.
Day at Work
Floorworker (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAJune 18, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: on kness alot
I built Fuel tanks for the Military, You had to be very careful at what you were doing.
Stay away from McMinnville
Administration (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORJune 4, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: poor management, toxic culture
Quite simply the worst work experience I have ever had. Agree with previous reviewer regarding complete lack of ethics and integrity at this site. Supervisor was a command and control hypocrite who nurtured a culture of fear. There is no apparent interest in effective communication, cost control, or excellence. The offsite leadership lends itself to an environment with little oversight and accountability. Stay away from this place!
productive and hard work
Floor Worker (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAApril 12, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: no air conditioner
I enjoyed getting my jobs done on a target time. the hardest part of the job was not knowing if the company would hold onto the contracts or not. I loved this job.