Meggitt Employee Reviews

Beware of Management
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 3, 2016
Great co-workers. Good engineering work. Impressive floor workers. Most workers do their best. Work load is heavy. Good job satisfaction. Good challenges. Management is usually not qualified. Even senior management is poor. Frequent personnel changes. Frequent manager changes. Many good engineers have left. Management is often more concerned with keeping their job rather than doing the job right. I'm sad to report that. You could eliminate some managers and would never know the difference. The company has made more than its share of bad hires (i.e. of Directors...) due to quotas, or friendships....
Pros
Good challenges. Responsive work force.
Cons
Many upper and middle managers are not qualified to do their jobs
Great Ideas for Manufacturing Improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 12, 2016
Great site for manufacturing improvement, but lacked updated equipment, and had large employee turnover.
Competitive management salaries, but balance between work and home/family was far from even. Production employee salaries lacking.
Pros
Employee interaction
Cons
Work balance, production floor salary
productive and demanding environment.
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  LoughboroughMay 31, 2016
every day we have to report orders that will go in stock that day and also report productivity and quality targets if they are not met. I have learned what is required for planning, making sure materials and capacity is available and managing bottle necks. I have experience in management when covering module manager. hardest part of the job is responsibility for others and there actions. enjoyable part of the job is being organised and on top of every day requirements and the order book.
Extremely frustrating, poor working conditions
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Millwaukie, ORMarch 30, 2016
The OECO site in Milwaukie Oregon was very frustrating to work at. No processes or procedures, senior leaders and directors change and are out the door every 3-6 months, limited resources and no prioritization of projects and objectives. Everyone is massively stressed out and leaders and stakeholders are hostile. Requests from engineering and sales are unreasonable which has led to significant supply chain problems. 30 plus people have been laid off or voluntarily left since beginning of 2016. Worst working conditions I've experienced in my 24 year professional career. Especially in operations and supply chain. Recommend do not work here unless a gluten for punishment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance, draconian leadership, no recognition for contributions, hostile environment
Productive and fun workplace
Composite Laminator (Current Employee) –  StevenageAugust 22, 2016
Productive and fun workplace with great progression prospects and courses available to further your career options,great atmosphere to work in and you are made to feel appreciated and part of a team.
Good place to work and be involved.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  BirminghamMay 23, 2016
Good structure and culture with team player activities to solve daily problems.Most enjoyable parts were shop floor interaction and willingness to complete tasks and Management assistant to keep this on track to meet deadlines.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Fun place
Composite tech 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2016
Always a good place to work at but gets slow once in a while did a lot of over time my job tittle was composite tech 2 did lay up and demold and worked on l loading and unloading from autoclave.
although the heats was bad the jobs is needed
final repair (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJuly 12, 2016
the hardest part about working there was because the fuel tanks had to stay tempt.regulated the heat would be unbareble at times
Pros
the money
Cons
the heat
Good product base and company history
Prototype Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 17, 2016
The company has been around a while, and through all the various mergers with other companies and mixed product types, the overall atmosphere at the company is muddled and slightly hostile - way more noticeable than other companies I've worked for.
Not organized
SYSTEMS ADMIN/HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 11, 2016
Manage the daily workflow between orders and plant, process payroll and accounts recievable and payable. Process Purchase orders for company
Pros
little or no supervision, work at own pace
Cons
not much time off or breaks
Friendly company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMarch 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Meggitt.
I was there for 18 years and had hoped to be there longer but unfortunately the company decided to out source our jobs so a few of us had to be let go.
I miss my job there. I had made many friends over the years.
Good Job
Accounting Clerk Sr. (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 9, 2016
Good place to work at.
Co-workers are really great to work with.
Work hours are good and pay was good.
Management are good to work with you.
There is no work life balance and management is not at all good.
technical support engineer (Former Employee) –  IndiaNovember 20, 2015
Well I am associated with Meggitt Indiai for more then 3 years. I joined the company when they established just over 2 years operations in India. It left bitter experience and had no work life balance. The way an engineer treated is not good literally there is no respect. There is no progression in career and the way company operates in India is totally as authoritarian of 1-2 big people. No proper HR policies and work policies never implemented. Though it is mentioned as authorized company of Meggitt Sesnsing System headquarters but the way company operates in India is like isolated. None of the corporate benfits Meggitt global reaches to India. In general there will be plenty of opportunities in startup company but there are nothing. Anyways I wish as long as it operates in India hopefully new policies would come and management changes to take care of the work life balance and opportunities to grow.
Pros
Allowances
Cons
Healthcare, Work balance, Opportunities, learning
Good pay, work hours and benefits
Stock Clerk for Aerospace parts distributor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, Ca.October 8, 2015
I liked my work shift hours in the morning and my hourly pay.
We were able to work overtime Monday thru Saturday if we were available.
We had good medical and dental insurance.
Our 401K plan was great
Pros
Holiday days off with pay
Great Benefits, Team Oriented Environment
Customer Service/Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORMay 22, 2015
Customer Interfacing was a daily exercise, as well as lead team meetings daily and monthly. Report to management key indicators regarding order book status, customer notifications, and forecasting.
Enjoyed leading a small team of customer service representatives and interacting with outside sales team. The company was very much involved in individual success and offered many types of training.
Pros
Benefits, team oriented, company activities
Cons
Constant Leadership changes, overtime
Don't recommend
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2015
This (Irvine location off Muirlands) just isn't the place to go to as a senior level engineer or above. Prepare to be severely micro-managed upon joining and then ostracized for not working independently enough. Expect to be abused and bullied by engineering management as a tool for their advancement and personal agendas. Turnover has been high among senior level individuals due to this recently. Expect long hours and subpar pay raises and advancements regardless of your actual performance. Expect to carry on the work of others who have learned to work the system to their advantage and watch them receive the credit.
Pros
located in a nice area
Cons
management
I look forward to paydays
Reverse Build (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 13, 2014
The company would be better if they implemented a no family rule. Everyone that works in this particular location are related. The only way you advance in this company is if you know someone or if your family, nothing is based off what you know. The hardest part of the day is dealing with the people and management. I enjoy paydays!!!!!!!! The union is terrible, and upper management is completely clueless to the troubles that plaque their workers
Pros
other than payday
Cons
everything
Poor
floorworker (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAAugust 8, 2014
I have worked for this company for 7 years. The management from the top down to the area supervisors do not know how to run anything. I don't know how they have stayed in business this long. The working conditions are horrible. No air conditioning in the summer and freezing in the winter. Poor ventilation even though there are dangerous chemicals in the building. Old equipment and useless tools.
Pros
regular breaks, decent pay
Cons
no sick days
Stay away from McMinnville
Administration (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJune 4, 2014
Quite simply the worst work experience I have ever had. Agree with previous reviewer regarding complete lack of ethics and integrity at this site. Supervisor was a command and control hypocrite who nurtured a culture of fear. There is no apparent interest in effective communication, cost control, or excellence. The offsite leadership lends itself to an environment with little oversight and accountability. Stay away from this place!
Pros
not much
Cons
poor management, toxic culture
All and all the attitude is good and people are willig to tolerate the bad and make the best of their jobs and make it home for them.
assembler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, Oregon 97222April 1, 2014
While doing my job I was being subjected to stray chemical vapors from other production lines and sensing a loss of breathing and headaches and nausea. No hoods for ventilation , respirators, or a way to contain the bad fumes for the workers. Long hours and poor scheduling by managers to get the product out.
Pros
bonus every quarter
Cons
heath benefits fair

2.9