Meggitt Employee Reviews

awfull
former employee (Former Employee) –  shepshed6 December 2016
an absolute nightmare to work for the management are clueless from top to bottom picking on the hardworkers and genuine employees whilst polish and others ethnic groups get away with absolutely every scam possible same old people grabbing up all the overtime to sit or stand around doing nothing kids in charge of the composites department that are totally clueless constant management changes for the better apparently but if they last 6 months their lucky if you have an opinion this is not the place for you if you like a good comedy however it's certainly a good watch
Pros
Cons
to much to list
Management are Clueless
Operative (Former Employee) –  Shepshed9 November 2016
I've never known a place like this in my life. So much preferential treatment to Asian/Polish etc workforce. And they are the ones who get away with murder. Coming in on overtime & just standing around chatting. And you cant say a bad word about them to HR. It just falls on deaf ears. People taking credit for "your" work, the hard workers often getting shafted by team leaders or managment.

If you want to get your head down & get on with your work, this isn't the place for you. However if you want to get on your knees behind a managers rear, then you will fit right in
Clueless management spoil the place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire14 January 2017
What could be a decent place to work is spoilt by a full team of management with no clue what goes into a single product or any idea how to speak to a human. Very poor and unfair treatment of decent hard working staff.

So much faith put into the MPS system - which is a load of bull. Need to invest in machinery so badly, until such a time they will continue to make poor products and keep losing contracts.

If you work in the office you can have a made up management position within 6 months. Work on the shop floor and be good at your job and you'll probably be made redundant.

Overall if you want to work at a place with pointless meetings all day, and regularly get stabbed in the back - this is the place for you. On the flipside if you're decent at brown nosing you will go far.
Pros
Plenty of decent people on the shop floor.
Cons
Top heavy structure with far too many useless managers.
You can make a living at Meggitt,
Industrial Engineering Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GA15 December 2016
There is no advancing in this company. Meggit pays just enough to live on but not enough to get ahead and the benefits keep getting worse with each passing year.
Pros
Location and hours
Benefits
Great Ideas for Manufacturing Improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OR12 August 2016
Great site for manufacturing improvement, but lacked updated equipment, and had large employee turnover.
Competitive management salaries, but balance between work and home/family was far from even. Production employee salaries lacking.
Pros
Employee interaction
Cons
Work balance, production floor salary
Floorworker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA16 February 2017
It is a great place because you have room for advancement. The people are very helpful. You are always doing something different and not the same thing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very strict
great place to work at
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CA1 February 2017
friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. everyday everyone comes in with a great attitude for work. very clean building. they take safety standards very seriously.
Beware of Management
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA3 June 2016
Great co-workers. Good engineering work. Impressive floor workers. Most workers do their best. Work load is heavy. Good job satisfaction. Good challenges. Management is usually not qualified. Even senior management is poor. Frequent personnel changes. Frequent manager changes. Many good engineers have left. Management is often more concerned with keeping their job rather than doing the job right. I'm sad to report that. You could eliminate some managers and would never know the difference. The company has made more than its share of bad hires (i.e. of Directors...) due to quotas, or friendships....
Pros
Good challenges. Responsive work force.
Cons
Many upper and middle managers are not qualified to do their jobs
productive and demanding environment.
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Loughborough31 May 2016
every day we have to report orders that will go in stock that day and also report productivity and quality targets if they are not met. I have learned what is required for planning, making sure materials and capacity is available and managing bottle necks. I have experience in management when covering module manager. hardest part of the job is responsibility for others and there actions. enjoyable part of the job is being organised and on top of every day requirements and the order book.
Productive and fun workplace
Composite Laminator (Current Employee) –  Stevenage22 August 2016
Productive and fun workplace with great progression prospects and courses available to further your career options,great atmosphere to work in and you are made to feel appreciated and part of a team.
Fun place
Composite tech 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA23 September 2016
Always a good place to work at but gets slow once in a while did a lot of over time my job tittle was composite tech 2 did lay up and demold and worked on l loading and unloading from autoclave.
Good place to work and be involved.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 May 2016
Good structure and culture with team player activities to solve daily problems.Most enjoyable parts were shop floor interaction and willingness to complete tasks and Management assistant to keep this on track to meet deadlines.
Pros
Cons
N/A
although the heats was bad the jobs is needed
final repair (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA12 July 2016
the hardest part about working there was because the fuel tanks had to stay tempt.regulated the heat would be unbareble at times
Pros
the money
Cons
the heat
Extremely frustrating, poor working conditions
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Millwaukie, OR30 March 2016
The OECO site in Milwaukie Oregon was very frustrating to work at. No processes or procedures, senior leaders and directors change and are out the door every 3-6 months, limited resources and no prioritization of projects and objectives. Everyone is massively stressed out and leaders and stakeholders are hostile. Requests from engineering and sales are unreasonable which has led to significant supply chain problems. 30 plus people have been laid off or voluntarily left since beginning of 2016. Worst working conditions I've experienced in my 24 year professional career. Especially in operations and supply chain. Recommend do not work here unless a gluten for punishment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance, draconian leadership, no recognition for contributions, hostile environment
Not organized
SYSTEMS ADMIN/HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA11 April 2016
Manage the daily workflow between orders and plant, process payroll and accounts recievable and payable. Process Purchase orders for company
Pros
little or no supervision, work at own pace
Cons
not much time off or breaks
Good product base and company history
Prototype Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OR17 March 2016
The company has been around a while, and through all the various mergers with other companies and mixed product types, the overall atmosphere at the company is muddled and slightly hostile - way more noticeable than other companies I've worked for.
All of the confusion of a start up, with none of the energy or drive
Management (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH12 December 2016
I worked at the Akron, Ohio office with some great people. There were so many broken tech and business processes in place from 2014 to 2016 all over. It took a month to get purchase orders approved, no automated processes were online. They use a PDF for every kind of process in HR. This is the worse on-boarding experience you will ever go through. I had to fill out 20 forms to get on-boarded. HR was in disarray most times. You have to wait a week or more to get a response to a simple question. It took IT a week to get a laptop and 5 days for a phone. All processes were written for a formal and mature Fortune 500 companies, but they were executed at a small business level with chaos and terrible results. Expectation for job success were vague and undefined most times. No negotiation on starting salary either take it or leave it. Interviews were skewed to make you think you'd be doing one job, then day one, you get a different title! Most people in management were struggling just to keep their heads above water. Projects were always being delayed by UK for one reason or another, usually no funding. Robbing one projects funding to replace another's was common. No money to replace anything, but the infrastructure was crumbling all around.
Pros
Smart people here, but scattered, not organized
Cons
Lack of opportunities, too many policies, unreal, unclear expectations
Friendly company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CA13 March 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Meggitt.
I was there for 18 years and had hoped to be there longer but unfortunately the company decided to out source our jobs so a few of us had to be let go.
I miss my job there. I had made many friends over the years.
Good Job
Accounting Clerk Sr. (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA9 April 2016
Good place to work at.
Co-workers are really great to work with.
Work hours are good and pay was good.
Management are good to work with you.
Good pay, work hours and benefits
Stock Clerk for Aerospace parts distributor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, Ca.8 October 2015
I liked my work shift hours in the morning and my hourly pay.
We were able to work overtime Monday thru Saturday if we were available.
We had good medical and dental insurance.
Our 401K plan was great
Pros
Holiday days off with pay

2.5