Meggitt Employee Reviews

Management are Clueless
Operative (Former Employee) –  Shepshed9 November 2016
I've never known a place like this in my life. So much preferential treatment to Asian/Polish etc workforce. And they are the ones who get away with murder. Coming in on overtime & just standing around chatting. And you cant say a bad word about them to HR. It just falls on deaf ears. People taking credit for "your" work, the hard workers often getting shafted by team leaders or managment.

If you want to get your head down & get on with your work, this isn't the place for you. However if you want to get on your knees behind a managers rear, then you will fit right in
Fun place
Composite tech 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA23 September 2016
Always a good place to work at but gets slow once in a while did a lot of over time my job tittle was composite tech 2 did lay up and demold and worked on l loading and unloading from autoclave.
Productive and fun workplace
Composite Laminator (Current Employee) –  Stevenage22 August 2016
Productive and fun workplace with great progression prospects and courses available to further your career options,great atmosphere to work in and you are made to feel appreciated and part of a team.
Great Ideas for Manufacturing Improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OR12 August 2016
Great site for manufacturing improvement, but lacked updated equipment, and had large employee turnover.
Competitive management salaries, but balance between work and home/family was far from even. Production employee salaries lacking.
Pros
Employee interaction
Cons
Work balance, production floor salary
although the heats was bad the jobs is needed
final repair (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA12 July 2016
the hardest part about working there was because the fuel tanks had to stay tempt.regulated the heat would be unbareble at times
Pros
the money
Cons
the heat
Beware of Management
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA3 June 2016
Great co-workers. Good engineering work. Impressive floor workers. Most workers do their best. Work load is heavy. Good job satisfaction. Good challenges. Management is usually not qualified. Even senior management is poor. Frequent personnel changes. Frequent manager changes. Many good engineers have left. Management is often more concerned with keeping their job rather than doing the job right. I'm sad to report that. You could eliminate some managers and would never know the difference. The company has made more than its share of bad hires (i.e. of Directors...) due to quotas, or friendships....
Pros
Good challenges. Responsive work force.
Cons
Many upper and middle managers are not qualified to do their jobs
productive and demanding environment.
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Loughborough31 May 2016
every day we have to report orders that will go in stock that day and also report productivity and quality targets if they are not met. I have learned what is required for planning, making sure materials and capacity is available and managing bottle necks. I have experience in management when covering module manager. hardest part of the job is responsibility for others and there actions. enjoyable part of the job is being organised and on top of every day requirements and the order book.
Good place to work and be involved.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham23 May 2016
Good structure and culture with team player activities to solve daily problems.Most enjoyable parts were shop floor interaction and willingness to complete tasks and Management assistant to keep this on track to meet deadlines.
Pros
Cons
N/A
Not organized
SYSTEMS ADMIN/HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA11 April 2016
Manage the daily workflow between orders and plant, process payroll and accounts recievable and payable. Process Purchase orders for company
Pros
little or no supervision, work at own pace
Cons
not much time off or breaks
Good Job
Accounting Clerk Sr. (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA9 April 2016
Good place to work at.
Co-workers are really great to work with.
Work hours are good and pay was good.
Management are good to work with you.
Extremely frustrating, poor working conditions
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Millwaukie, OR30 March 2016
The OECO site in Milwaukie Oregon was very frustrating to work at. No processes or procedures, senior leaders and directors change and are out the door every 3-6 months, limited resources and no prioritization of projects and objectives. Everyone is massively stressed out and leaders and stakeholders are hostile. Requests from engineering and sales are unreasonable which has led to significant supply chain problems. 30 plus people have been laid off or voluntarily left since beginning of 2016. Worst working conditions I've experienced in my 24 year professional career. Especially in operations and supply chain. Recommend do not work here unless a gluten for punishment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance, draconian leadership, no recognition for contributions, hostile environment
Good product base and company history
Prototype Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OR17 March 2016
The company has been around a while, and through all the various mergers with other companies and mixed product types, the overall atmosphere at the company is muddled and slightly hostile - way more noticeable than other companies I've worked for.
Friendly company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CA13 March 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Meggitt.
I was there for 18 years and had hoped to be there longer but unfortunately the company decided to out source our jobs so a few of us had to be let go.
I miss my job there. I had made many friends over the years.
Good personal in all departments, easy to work with while doing my job.
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI23 February 2016
A typical day at work was full with documents to review and update/type as needed. After 2:00 p.m.I went to the Metallurgy Lab for the part file documents to be scanned to my drive for electronic placement into the designated part numbered folders for the engineers, clients, and trade compliance officer to view, print, and/or fax.

I learned how procedures are to be written, what the Metallurgy lab was, how when parts were made which ones needed to be forwarded to the Trade Compliance officer. This is just a little of what was learned in the time I worked for the company.

The Management personnal always had a lot of work to do and didn't hesitate to ask for my help with their different projects from time to time. I also liked meeting people from different cultures around the globe as they came into the plant for one reason or another.

I got along with everyone I worked with on the factory floor and the 18 different Department Managers I met with from time to time.

The hardest part of my job was chasing down the writers of the procedures, forms, and work instructions when finished with the scrubbing of the newly written or re-written documents for errors then re-typing for approval. I either had to leave and come back for the document at a later time or wait for a rewrite to be done, make the changes then return them for signatures again.

The most enjoyable part of my job was I was constantly learning something new about what Meggitt/Thompson Aerospace & Defense did, how they did it and being a world wide business, I learned about ITAR, Trade Complience, FAA
  more... complience, and what the DOD required for making of parts for their military watercraft or planes. Always something new and interesting to be learned.  less
Pros
Good working conditions, easy to follow proceedures, work instructions and forms to be filled out.
Cons
Sometimes the communications between departments is not clear on what is needed.
There is no work life balance and management is not at all good.
technical support engineer (Former Employee) –  India20 November 2015
Well I am associated with Meggitt Indiai for more then 3 years. I joined the company when they established just over 2 years operations in India. It left bitter experience and had no work life balance. The way an engineer treated is not good literally there is no respect. There is no progression in career and the way company operates in India is totally as authoritarian of 1-2 big people. No proper HR policies and work policies never implemented. Though it is mentioned as authorized company of Meggitt Sesnsing System headquarters but the way company operates in India is like isolated. None of the corporate benfits Meggitt global reaches to India. In general there will be plenty of opportunities in startup company but there are nothing. Anyways I wish as long as it operates in India hopefully new policies would come and management changes to take care of the work life balance and opportunities to grow.
Pros
Allowances
Cons
Healthcare, Work balance, Opportunities, learning
Good pay, work hours and benefits
Stock Clerk for Aerospace parts distributor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, Ca.8 October 2015
I liked my work shift hours in the morning and my hourly pay.
We were able to work overtime Monday thru Saturday if we were available.
We had good medical and dental insurance.
Our 401K plan was great
Pros
Holiday days off with pay
Great Benefits, Team Oriented Environment
Customer Service/Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OR22 May 2015
Customer Interfacing was a daily exercise, as well as lead team meetings daily and monthly. Report to management key indicators regarding order book status, customer notifications, and forecasting.
Enjoyed leading a small team of customer service representatives and interacting with outside sales team. The company was very much involved in individual success and offered many types of training.
Pros
Benefits, team oriented, company activities
Cons
Constant Leadership changes, overtime
Excellent environment with great benefits
Machine Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood9 April 2015
Challenging daily operations, stimulating endeavors. Typical day meeting customer deadlines while holding highest quality standards.
Industry leader in quality and on time delivery.
Average Company
Materials Engineer, Senior (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA15 February 2015
Good place to meet people. Really challenging and makes you strive for your best. Learned much about aerospace sealants and substrates. Learned much about aircraft fuel tanks.
Pros
Challenging, dynamic
Cons
Short lunches, no breaks
Don't recommend
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, California15 February 2015
This (Irvine location off Muirlands) just isn't the place to go to as a senior level engineer or above. Prepare to be severely micro-managed upon joining and then ostracized for not working independently enough. Expect to be abused and bullied by engineering management as a tool for their advancement and personal agendas. Turnover has been high among senior level individuals due to this recently. Expect long hours and subpar pay raises and advancements regardless of your actual performance. Expect to carry on the work of others who have learned to work the system to their advantage and watch them receive the credit.
Pros
Located in a nice area

2.9