Meggitt Employee Reviews

worst newly appointed management ever
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA4 October 2017
This company used to be a great work place with a wonderful work environment up to last year in late 2016. The work culture was relaxed and production was good.

Until it was appointed new management, they didn't care if they lost employees. That's when it all went bad real quick. The company lost most of its long time talent and replaced them with temps whom didn't have any experience and caused multiple failures and losses.

The new cite leadership team caused more chaos and created high stress and tension amongst the employees, which was the reason most left.

Shame though, it was once an ideal workplace, thanks management.
Pros
Its in Irvine
Cons
Management, poor management
Stressful Work Environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Troy, IN29 September 2017
My direct Manager was very pleasant to work for. However the Machinist who was in charge of training and overseeing the work done was very derogatory. I take pride in the ability to be a team player and work well with anyone. I felt that I never achieved successful work. I was spoke to in a demeaning manor. I followed chain of command and went to my direct manager with my concerns however the manager was unable to implement any change in who was training.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
management, training
Not to good
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  California19 September 2017
I was so much that People are just not happy with what they did. Its hard enough to have to do ( 5S ) They try and make a new thing called 6s were you cant even have water by your side. NO music only people in the office can have head phones. They want you to work 7pm - 5am with only 2 other people that are not even in the same building.
A very back to front production
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset3 August 2017
The whole staff apart from a few are a bunch of people who started life at meggitt as cleaners and talked their way up the backsides of the management to get as far as they have. If your good at your job you will get made redundant or sacked whilst the people who have no idea get the higher roles as they are all friends with the right people to keep their jobs.
It's not who you, it's who you blow at this place.
The shop floor manager has no idea and no man management either.
Waste of time.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
They will sack you if you are better than the management friends.
Strange atmosphere
Grade 1 welder (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset30 July 2017
Salary and benefits are excellent!!
Management are clueless and powerless!!
If you're bad at your job you seem to go far!!
Strange atmosphere on the shop floor, a lot of egos walking around given stupid titles! A lot of cliquey groups and very sarcastic to the point it's not funny!
Trip them selves up on there own policy's, procedures and NDT departments a complete joke!!
Not really a clue on what's required in the oil & gas sector, they only produce a heat exchanger!!!
They made loads of us redundant (myself included) and kept the cliquey few!

Other than that the cafe foods pretty good!
Pros
Excellent salary, sick pay, shares scheme and bacon!
Cons
Management, cliquey shop flop
Company is going through a growth transition and reorganization.
Director Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA21 July 2017
Meggitt is in the process of reorganizing by combining responsibilities and management replacement. The outcome is stacking of positions and a considerable amount of position eliminating which is resulting in a morale downturn.

As always mentoring my employees and working together is always a pleasure.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Longer work hours
Horario Flexible
Supervisor de Produccion (Former Employee) –  Saltillo, Coah.14 July 2017
Trabajo Pasivo, poco oprtunidad de desarrollo e implementacion de idea.
Pros
horarios flexibles
Cons
sin prestaciones, solo justo lo marcado por ley
Environnement de travail
Ingénieur électronique de puissance (Former Employee) –  Toulouse (31)9 July 2017
Environnement très agréable.
Collaborateur constructif
Meggitt
Senior Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA19 June 2017
Leadership had difficulty with any new ideas on processes.
No change was the motto.
Antiquated systems of operation.
Compensation was OK.
No possible way of job advancement with the leadership that was in place when I worked there.
Culture was a workforce of fear of job loss at all times.
Benefits
Cons
Listed many in my review.
Good work environment
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire12 June 2017
Working at Meggitt was very relaxing as there was no stress or any work overload. The staff members were very nice and always made the job a lot easier to carry out.
I Love the work that I do supporting the war fighters
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD7 June 2017
You never know what to expect day to day. I have learned how to best work on composite materials. Good managers. Good workers always wanting to do the best job possible.Hardest part of the job is paperwork. Knowing that the parts we make help and support the war fighters of our country.
very bad place to work.
Test Supervisor/Test Manager (10+ years) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA12 May 2017
its a lousy place to work. people are very unhappy. Mainly management doesn't seem to care about whether the employee stays or goes. I can not stress enough that this company isn't worth the trouble of giving a review.
Worst managed place I ever worked for. Senior leadership team is a joke
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD2 May 2017
Management is tearing this business apart. They lie to employees as well as the customer. No wonder they don't have work. Meggitt need to unload the Baltimore plant or bring in management they may be able to save it.The need to pull a undercover boss on this building. It's a real shame that the hourly people will be out of work from there actions.
Pros
Money ok
Cons
Bad management
Good work place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA17 April 2017
Nice people and hard workers. had the night shift made my life easier. Clean location with respectful managers and supervisors. Would work there again
Pros
Hard workers
Cons
No permanent hire
Meggitt Baltimore needs to find their identity!!!!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD4 April 2017
No one in senior leadership can tell you any short/long term site or company wide goals. They deploy band aide methodology to address problems that previous band aides did not solve. The SLT makes commitments to customers without knowing the ins and outs of what's involved then turnaround and scapegoat the very team that should have been consulted when the dates slide unfavorably. Meggitt Baltimore has some very talented and intelligent engineers/ technicians but it has amount to nothing due to mismanagement and incompetence. Don't take my word for it........ask any of their customers.
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
Incompetent senior leadership
Worst place to work ever
Scapegoat (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire1 April 2017
It was a good place to work when it was cobham but when Meggitt took over, clueless & aggressive yanks getting rid of anyone half decent as obviously didn't want to be shown up! Shafted the staff by not honouring legal and contractual commitments.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
American management team
High stress environment
Bonder/assembler (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KY22 March 2017
Must be able to work at a high stress level everyday and be available whenever they need you to work, wether it is 5 or 7 days a week. must be available to work from 8 to 12 hours without notice
Cons
Short breaks, benefits not good, vacation time very limiyed
Molder
Molder Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, KY27 February 2017
Basic logistical company that works with molding/fabrication.
Pay & Benefits are fair based on area of business. Friendly people and positive work place.
Floorworker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA16 February 2017
It is a great place because you have room for advancement. The people are very helpful. You are always doing something different and not the same thing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very strict
great place to work at
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CA1 February 2017
friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. everyday everyone comes in with a great attitude for work. very clean building. they take safety standards very seriously.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meggitt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9