MEG Energy Employee Reviews

awesome place
General Labouer (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB17 July 2017
i highly recommend working here the camp and food accomedations are the best i have ever been and tasted lots of friendly people working for this place
MEG has attempts life work balance by providing lots of free events to participate in.
Interim Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2017
A typical work day is very busy with lots of planned and unplanned deadlines. There is a team environment in which everyone pitches in to complete goals.
Pros
lots of free events
Cons
High Stress levels
best overall people
Piping Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
*Working with great people
*learned new cad systems
*management was fantastic
*workplace culture was the best
*hardest part was getting layoff
*payday
Pros
great pay
Cons
Missing my family
Great Company
Assistant Camp Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 June 2017
A very professional Company to work for. All staff is very helpful and do not hesitate to assist with learning of positions. Clients are well respected and company is very accommodating to their Clients.
Pros
Fly in fly out
Small - Medium sized company with growth potential
Senior Project Manager / Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
Work hard and play hard is the MEG Energy environment.Still immature in a lot of normal standard business processes. Need to be a self starter and ability to get things done, to work successfully in the environment.
Pros
Every second Friday off
Cons
Immature processes causes alot of headaches
great team to work with.
Welder (Former Employee) –  conklin alberta.5 March 2017
lots of respect there,people were great.they treated you with lots of respect.your opinion counted.they would take the time to listen to what you had to say about an issue or work scope...great bunch.
Great working environment
Chief Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB15 November 2016
MEG encourages employees to have a good work/life balance and it is promoted from the CEO on down. Very skilled workforce who care about the companies future successes.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Oil downturn has caused a loss of very skilled people
I gained so much knowledge and confidence, and many wonderful friendships
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
The knowledge and confidence I gained was amazing and very rewarding. There were stressful situations but I had great people working with me through it.
Pros
Awesome co-workers and managers.
Cons
Working away from home
Great Place to Work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB7 July 2016
Everyone was easily approachable and very helpful. They also had a great training program when I started there. Supervisors ran an open door policy and co-workers were great when you had questions.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
MEG Energy was a great place to work
Site IT Support (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB6 July 2016
The camp which I lived at that was just like living at home. They built a beach volley ball court and a full size rink plus the indoor facilities made it a fun place to work. The only down size was the oil economy.
Pros
all
Poorly Managed
Not Important and 2015 Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2016
Poorly Managed, not professional, abusive environment, etc.
Management doesn't manage the co as business but as fraternity club.
Hard working coworkers who are often put in difficult or impossible to succeed situations
Pros
Dynamic
Cons
Poorly Managed
Great Company to Work for
IT Business Analyst / Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2016
MEG is an amazing company to work for. Right off the bat you get every second Friday off (We refer to them as "Sunny Fridays". Co-workers are amazing, seems that MEG only hires the best of the best. MEG always tends to use the latest cutting edge technology in IT but makes sure to use the tools that are right for the job!
Was a highly advanced and organized plant. It was a Great opportunity.
Student Engineering Placement (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 February 2016
Work starts are 6. Food is provided. I worked in water refinery as well as steam production. There was a vast amount of equipment and systems to familiarize oneself with. The co-workers although quite vulgar at times, were always friendly and willing to cooperate and work as a team and provide assistance when a problem arose. The temperature can really be quite extreme out there. Yet the plant was very prepared for such things and supplied top quality equipment to handle such things. It was a very well organized plant and everyone knew their jobs. I personally enjoyed the lab work for water testing above all.
Pros
Free food and housing.
Cons
Harsh Climate. Smaller vulnerable company in this recession.
incompetent upper management
Project Engineer / Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2016
upper management are too busy planning and attending parties. they would rather be reactive as appose to being proactive
Productive and fun work place.
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB20 January 2016
A great place to work. Some of the best people to this date I have meet in the industry. A great management team to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I had the privilege to work with.
Quite possibly the best place I have ever worked
Electrical and Instrumentation (E/I) Technician (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB18 November 2015
I enjoyed all that MEG Energy had to offer. I was treated as a individual and not as a number. Being a smaller company I think that had a lot to do with it. You were given all the freedom that you could expect to complete your job but at they same time had access to any resources to complete any task that you had to complete. I really enjoyed the culture that MEG has and has tried to keep. I would recommend MEG to anyone that wanted to go to work there.
Great work culture and excellent colleagues
Project Finance Summer Student (MBA Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2015
MEG is a truly people oriented company and its employees are its biggest assets. Great working culture, one big family type of mentality. 9-5 for the most part, great off site team building and company wide events, every other friday off and on working fridays, breakfast provided for all employees.
Pros
Breakfast, Fridays off
Cons
Reporting systems are lagging
Worked for them
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB2 October 2015
They where good i didn't mind working for them at all. I was a general foreman. I would work for them again they are fair in their pay
there was a full gym there, pool tables, a great common room for visiting , the food was great
As the key Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake AB6 May 2015
I enjoyed the people that I have worked with over the years there, everybody respected one another . I would work there again if I had the chance. The management was very supported of you. the crews we had worked will together. I love to deal with the contractor we had on site easy to work with.
Pros
Flights to site was perfect
Cons
none really
Great Place to work
Contracts Technician, Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB19 March 2015
This was site based work and was very busy. I felt like the company cared. Every day was different in regards to work and everyone always had a smile.