MEG Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Poorly Managed
Not Important and 2015 Initiatives (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
Pros: Dynamic
Cons: Poorly Managed
Poorly Managed, not professional, abusive environment, etc.
Management doesn't manage the co as business but as fraternity club.
Hard working coworkers who are often put in difficult or impossible to succeed situations
Great Company to Work for
IT Business Analyst / Application Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
MEG is an amazing company to work for. Right off the bat you get every second Friday off (We refer to them as "Sunny Fridays". Co-workers are amazing, seems that MEG only hires the best of the best. MEG always tends to use the latest cutting edge technology in IT but makes sure to use the tools that are right for the job!
Was a highly advanced and organized plant. It was a Great opportunity.
Student Engineering Placement (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Free food and housing.
Cons: Harsh Climate. Smaller vulnerable company in this recession.
Work starts are 6. Food is provided. I worked in water refinery as well as steam production. There was a vast amount of equipment and systems to familiarize oneself with. The co-workers although quite vulgar at times, were always friendly and willing to cooperate and work as a team and provide assistance when a problem arose. The temperature can really be quite extreme out there. Yet the plant was very prepared for such things and supplied top quality equipment to handle such things. It was a very well organized plant and everyone knew their jobs. I personally enjoyed the lab work for water testing above all.
incompetent upper management
Project Engineer / Area Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
upper management are too busy planning and attending parties. they would rather be reactive as appose to being proactive
Productive and fun work place.
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABJanuary 20, 2016
A great place to work. Some of the best people to this date I have meet in the industry. A great management team to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I had the privilege to work with.
Quite possibly the best place I have ever worked
Electrical and Instrumentation (E/I) Technician (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed all that MEG Energy had to offer. I was treated as a individual and not as a number. Being a smaller company I think that had a lot to do with it. You were given all the freedom that you could expect to complete your job but at they same time had access to any resources to complete any task that you had to complete. I really enjoyed the culture that MEG has and has tried to keep. I would recommend MEG to anyone that wanted to go to work there.
Great work culture and excellent colleagues
Project Finance Summer Student (MBA Internship) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Breakfast, Fridays off
Cons: Reporting systems are lagging
MEG is a truly people oriented company and its employees are its biggest assets. Great working culture, one big family type of mentality. 9-5 for the most part, great off site team building and company wide events, every other friday off and on working fridays, breakfast provided for all employees.
Worked for them
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee), Conklin, ABOctober 2, 2015
They where good i didn't mind working for them at all. I was a general foreman. I would work for them again they are fair in their pay
there was a full gym there, pool tables, a great common room for visiting , the food was great
As the key Construction Manager (Former Employee), Christina Lake ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: Flights to site was perfect
Cons: none really
I enjoyed the people that I have worked with over the years there, everybody respected one another . I would work there again if I had the chance. The management was very supported of you. the crews we had worked will together. I love to deal with the contractor we had on site easy to work with.
Great Place to work
Contracts Technician, Supply Chain Management (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABMarch 19, 2015
This was site based work and was very busy. I felt like the company cared. Every day was different in regards to work and everyone always had a smile.
Outstanding job culture
Sr. Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: the culture at work
Cons: tied budget to develop projects.
MEG is a company that takes care of their employees, best they can.

If I get the opportunity to go back to this company, I will. It was a great experience for me.
Good Oil Company to work with.
CSA Field Engineering / QA Coordinator (Former Employee), Conklin, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: freedom to work with flexible hours, independent working, taking care at personal level of individual
Cons: camp life away from family for long time sometimes.
Good place to work. Had fun while working there.Management was very good and cooperative. Excellent place to work.
IT Department
Project Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: every other friday off
Very immature and growing in a very difficult fashion so as to make succeeding there next to impossible. A couple of bad leaders in IT who have giant ego's with little experience and manage through bullying.
Great Place
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great office atmosphere
Cons: contracting low chance of permanent
Enjoyed contracting IT job there.

Learned Medium sized business - Fort McMurray IT operations.
Co Workers and Managers were nice to work with.
Enjoyable work culture and team spirit.
very good culture, and benefits/comp, but job security is terrible
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: job security
People seem to be let go for no reason. But the corporate culture is awesome and it is a fun place to work.
Journeyman HD Mechanic (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABJuly 10, 2014
very fast paced, goal oriented, Great camp and food, I learned how to work with minimal help and how to co-ordinate and manage a fleet shop
Long hours, few benefits
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee), CalgaryJune 3, 2014
Do not accept a contract position at this organization and expect to get ahead.
Review
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABMarch 4, 2014
Great camp accommodations, and great food. The internet ready executive rooms come with private bathrooms and satellite TV.
Fantastic Company to work for, very much down to Earth and very family orientated.
Mechanical/Piping Superintendent (Former Employee), Christina Lake, Conklin, Alberta.November 28, 2013
Pros: camp and flights were very well organized, shift rotation was very comfortable, great co-workers.
Cons: no cons at all.
Start 06:00 am, in house meetings with the CMT Group, attend Contractor morning Toolbox meetings, provide ongoing daily support to all on site contracting companies, visual inspections of work taking place, sign off and acceptance as required, daily progress reports to the CMT Group, attend daily contractor construction meetings, attend end of day CMT Meetings to discuss daily activities, address any issues or concerns, etc.
Management Group very well organized, very much driven to overall success and Safety of the project.
Excellent group of people to work with.
Hardest part of the job would relate to being away from home.
Most enjoyable would be having the opportunity to work with the CMT Group and getting to know as many of them as possible.
MEG Energy was an excellent company to work with.
Operations Rep. for the Small Projects Group (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 15, 2013
Pros: excellent work atmosphere
MEG is an excellent employer. There compensation and benefits are excellent and they are growing and a fast pace which offers many careers opportunities.