MEG Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

Was a highly advanced and organized plant. It was a Great opportunity.
Student Engineering Placement (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Work starts are 6. Food is provided. I worked in water refinery as well as steam production. There was a vast amount of equipment and systems to familiarize oneself with. The co-workers although quite vulgar at times, were always friendly and willing to cooperate and work as a team and provide assistance when a problem arose. The temperature can really be quite extreme out there. Yet the plant was very prepared for such things and supplied top quality equipment to handle such things. It was a very well organized plant and everyone knew their jobs. I personally enjoyed the lab work for water testing above all.
Pros
Free food and housing.
Cons
Harsh Climate. Smaller vulnerable company in this recession.
Great Company to Work for
IT Business Analyst / Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
MEG is an amazing company to work for. Right off the bat you get every second Friday off (We refer to them as "Sunny Fridays". Co-workers are amazing, seems that MEG only hires the best of the best. MEG always tends to use the latest cutting edge technology in IT but makes sure to use the tools that are right for the job!
Poorly Managed
Not Important and 2015 Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
Poorly Managed, not professional, abusive environment, etc.
Management doesn't manage the co as business but as fraternity club.
Hard working coworkers who are often put in difficult or impossible to succeed situations
Pros
Dynamic
Cons
Poorly Managed
MEG Energy was a great place to work
Site IT Support (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABJuly 6, 2016
The camp which I lived at that was just like living at home. They built a beach volley ball court and a full size rink plus the indoor facilities made it a fun place to work. The only down size was the oil economy.
Pros
all
Great Place to Work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABJuly 7, 2016
Everyone was easily approachable and very helpful. They also had a great training program when I started there. Supervisors ran an open door policy and co-workers were great when you had questions.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Productive and fun work place.
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABJanuary 20, 2016
A great place to work. Some of the best people to this date I have meet in the industry. A great management team to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I had the privilege to work with.
Quite possibly the best place I have ever worked
Electrical and Instrumentation (E/I) Technician (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed all that MEG Energy had to offer. I was treated as a individual and not as a number. Being a smaller company I think that had a lot to do with it. You were given all the freedom that you could expect to complete your job but at they same time had access to any resources to complete any task that you had to complete. I really enjoyed the culture that MEG has and has tried to keep. I would recommend MEG to anyone that wanted to go to work there.
incompetent upper management
Project Engineer / Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
upper management are too busy planning and attending parties. they would rather be reactive as appose to being proactive
Great work culture and excellent colleagues
Project Finance Summer Student (MBA Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
MEG is a truly people oriented company and its employees are its biggest assets. Great working culture, one big family type of mentality. 9-5 for the most part, great off site team building and company wide events, every other friday off and on working fridays, breakfast provided for all employees.
Pros
Breakfast, Fridays off
Cons
Reporting systems are lagging
MEG Energy was an excellent company to work with.
Operations Rep. for the Small Projects Group (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 15, 2013
MEG is an excellent employer. There compensation and benefits are excellent and they are growing and a fast pace which offers many careers opportunities.
Pros
excellent work atmosphere
Worked for them
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABOctober 2, 2015
They where good i didn't mind working for them at all. I was a general foreman. I would work for them again they are fair in their pay
there was a full gym there, pool tables, a great common room for visiting , the food was great
As the key Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake ABMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed the people that I have worked with over the years there, everybody respected one another . I would work there again if I had the chance. The management was very supported of you. the crews we had worked will together. I love to deal with the contractor we had on site easy to work with.
Pros
Flights to site was perfect
Cons
none really
Fantastic Company to work for, very much down to Earth and very family orientated.
Mechanical/Piping Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, Conklin, Alberta.November 28, 2013
Start 06:00 am, in house meetings with the CMT Group, attend Contractor morning Toolbox meetings, provide ongoing daily support to all on site contracting companies, visual inspections of work taking place, sign off and acceptance as required, daily progress reports to the CMT Group, attend daily contractor construction meetings, attend end of day CMT Meetings to discuss daily activities, address any issues or concerns, etc.
Management Group very well organized, very much driven to overall success and Safety of the project.
Excellent group of people to work with.
Hardest part of the job would relate to being away from home.
Most enjoyable would be having the opportunity to work with the CMT Group and getting to know as many of them as possible.
Pros
camp and flights were very well organized, shift rotation was very comfortable, great co-workers.
Cons
no cons at all.
Good Oil Company to work with.
CSA Field Engineering / QA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Good place to work. Had fun while working there.Management was very good and cooperative. Excellent place to work.
Pros
freedom to work with flexible hours, independent working, taking care at personal level of individual
Cons
camp life away from family for long time sometimes.
Outstanding job culture
Sr. Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2015
MEG is a company that takes care of their employees, best they can.

If I get the opportunity to go back to this company, I will. It was a great experience for me.
Pros
the culture at work
Cons
tied budget to develop projects.
very good culture, and benefits/comp, but job security is terrible
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
People seem to be let go for no reason. But the corporate culture is awesome and it is a fun place to work.
Pros
culture
Cons
job security
Great Place to work
Contracts Technician, Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABMarch 19, 2015
This was site based work and was very busy. I felt like the company cared. Every day was different in regards to work and everyone always had a smile.
A very well run aggressive company , with a great business plan.
Blake is contracted as the NACE Coating Inspector (Former Employee) –  Conklin ABSeptember 28, 2013
My 15 months at Meg have been an enjoyable experience , I wish all the people I have meet on this site , all the best as they move forward with there careers.
Pros
lots of perks for employees, golf, lunches, sporting get togethers, barbecues etc
Cons
none to speak of
Great Place
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2014
Enjoyed contracting IT job there.

Learned Medium sized business - Fort McMurray IT operations.
Co Workers and Managers were nice to work with.
Enjoyable work culture and team spirit.
Pros
great office atmosphere
Cons
contracting low chance of permanent
fantastic work environment
Asset Data Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJune 19, 2014
MEG Energy provides a positive work environment that makes it the best company I've ever worked for.
The efforts people make are appreciated and every effort is made to show that appreciation.
Pros
free breakfast every 2nd friday, every 2nd friday off

MEG Energy Reviews by Location