Medtronic

Medtronic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Rewarding and Noble Career
Senior Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay and rewarding position
Cons: Long days and demanding accounts
Great company and position. Your days are filled with helping patients achieve therapeutic goals in the OR and in physician offices. Management is great, but a lot of changes in management occurred during my tenure there. The most difficult days are not relegated to missed sales quotas, but rather when optimal patient outcomes aren't achieved.
ITT (Current Employee), Fridley MNApril 19, 2015
Great place to work, with many opportunities for advancement. Variety of work day. Competitive salary, employees feel appreciated. Management supports advancement.
Very fast paced environment with a lot of responsibility.
Factory Manager (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Compensation, responsibility
Cons: Poor executive management, little support, work life balance at the plant level is poor
At plant level the day is hectic and very tactical. Coworkers are great but people are leaving the company in droves and the company is losing a lot of talent.
Innovative, progressive, nurturing careers
Principal Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee), Moundsview, MNApril 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Medtronic CVG. The leaders communicated effectively on the direction we were going - that is always very helpful.

It is fast paced, with amazing mission statement and values system and especially attention to regulatory requirements and quality.

I have really appreciated the leaders who seem caring and pay attention to the welfare of the employees. Omar is a hit!

I want to return to Medtronic....always have since my lay off. Have taken the time to enhance my knowledge and skills.

The mission of the company speaks to my heart.

Oh, compensation is awesome. I enjoyed the bonus pay outs and it actually encouraged and inspired us to perform at higher levels. We felt that our contribution counted!

Bravo on the recent acquisition/merger. I am a stock owner.

Bring me back!!!

Obiajulu A.
Productive and Fun Workplace
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 15, 2015
A very challenge, tough but fair working environment. A very good learning environment and can also utilize all of you experience and knowledge.
Good company!
Finance Shared Services Manager (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work is full of challenges and learning opportunities, which is what I thrive on! The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that the products that we products save thousands of lives each and every day. While I don't make a product, the work that I do ultimately impacts our products.
Healthy Work Environment
R&D Engineer Co-Op (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
Medtronic is a currently the leading company in medical device industry. I like working here since he work culture is good and takes very good care of employees as well as their customers.
Fun place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2015
the training is intense but if you are not intimidated by a challenge you will love it. the atmosphere is young and they are really great at team building and making things fun for the staff. we are treated like adult here in this company
Medtronic
Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 1, 2015
This was a good place to work for if you do not mind working nights. It was nearly impossible to get a day shift job once you obtained a leadership role. Very fast paced environment.
Not Applicable
Project Team Member - Patient Engagement (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Not Applicable
Cons: Not applicable
The project was done in concern with a team at my College; I did not work for the company only. The project was an Marketing Analytic Project.
Productive and a fun place to work
Equipment Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Able to rewards staff for doing above and beyond.
Cons: 24/7 is difficult
Responding to customer concerns.
What I learned is that 24/7 shifts type of situation is only for certain type of people.
Management was open to the staff.
VP was very open especially to the maintenance department.
Packaging Engineering
Senior Packaging Engineer (Current Employee), Mounds View, MNMarch 29, 2015
Great company with great people. I enjoy my time at Medtronic. I would recommend Medtronic. I feel the management at Medtronic is fair and i am compensated for my work.
not a fun place to work.
Shipping and Handling Clerk (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 27, 2015
Pros: no food was given
Cons: very short breaks
it wasn't fun at all to work there because my supervisor wanted us to work as a slave. plus it was a first experience , but after i left he did realize that i was a good employee and he expected me to go back but i went to school instead, and got me the nurses aide licence.
Big Company with corresponding good and bad
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: products you can feel good about. great benefits
Cons: politics, lack of appreciation for employees
Typical big company culture. Most people are motivated by the products which help people. Like all big companies, some middle management are more interested in their careers than they are the products.
A Typical Day
Customer Service Representative/ Call Center (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: job itself was very simple, just paying close attention to detail
Cons: temporary position
Duties included answering inbound calls, while processing faxed and electronically submitted orders, as well as returns and credits. Required me to manage my time wisely with little to no supervision. Hardest part of the job was not being able to please every customer or patient, but the most rewarding was a patient or customer thanking you for taking the time to assist them with their needs like no one had in the company before.
Covidien (now a division of Medtronic) is not the place to work
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 17, 2015
Covidien has no Business Process or IT strategy, creating an environment where even the most basic tasks are complicated and cumbersome. The management culture aligns with the saying , "the flogging will continue until morale improves"

There is a great deal of potential in this company, but the leadership isn't interested in any real, significant, or long term change to improve the health of the company and bring a sense of job satisfaction to the culture. The focus is only on firefighting the emergency of the hour and the marketing organization has no respect for any other internal organization.

My rating is as high as it is due to the Medtronic acquisition, which has provided hope for positive change. Medtronic appears to be a fabulous company, but until full organizational integration occurs (which may take a couple years) this is not the best place to work. There has recently been an exodus of talent due to the disappointing culture created by top Covidien leadership.
Incredible experience
Operation Assistant (Former Employee), chinaMarch 17, 2015
If you have a chance to work for medtronic, just do it. I like everything there: people, environment, challenges...really good company for you to grow
Best Company to work with
Salesforce.com QA (Current Employee), Mounds View, MNMarch 17, 2015
I am working with Medtronic since more than one year now Best people, Best Team and Company to work with, I Wish they can hire me as Perm employee.
PRODUCTIVE AND NO REWORK UNIT
Value Stream Intern (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 16, 2015
GREAT CHALLENGES
VERY HELPFUL CO WORKER
GOOD PROJECT AND RESPONSIBILITY
ON FLOOR INTERACTION WITH THE ASSOCIATES
CREDIBILITY OF WORK
Productive and very Pro-employee
Intern Associate Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Juncos, Puerto RicoMarch 15, 2015
Very good company to develop and evolve the knowledge of a engineer. Was my first real experience of a engineering job. Very stable and Pro-employee company.

About Medtronic

Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell – Read more